PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    no.
    edit: xbone wont read it as its a dvd and it only has a bluray drive.
    call of duty ps3/4 is already a bluray disk.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Optical drive

It's another tie when it comes to the optical drive since both Xbox One and PS4 have a Blu-ray/DVD drive as standard.

Source

Xbone would be a crap media player if it couldn't play DVD's.
  • I assume so. What really peeves me is this has been happening since Modern Warfare seven years ago, and the developers stand by and do nothing. It honestly makes me sick. In a game where competition is fierce, in one of the biggest videogame franchises in history, your name on a leaderboard means nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's disgusting. It's even more comical as they're really gunning for the whole 'esports' thing at the moment. What kind of chance do they have to make it a legitimate competition when you've got this kind of nonsense?

I realise the above is about a week old but these sorts of leaderboards are basically completely irrelevant to the 'esports' scene. COD esports is 5v5 (or 4v4 I forget) and uses the round based gametypes (generally speaking, I think they've branched out a little) and the individual stuff, including 'leaderboards', has nothing to do with that 'competitive COD' looks like.
    GT: Knight640
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    CoD is 4v4, unless you count the coaches. Knight is right, they also tend to play round based game types, such as SnD, CTF and Hardpoint. It'll be interesting to see if they move to Ghosts (MLG have been doing some test/exhibition tournaments) or stick with BlOps II.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Ok fair enough. I still don't see why casual players should get the bum deal with hacked leaderboards though. What really grinds my gears is that the issue is never addressed or acknowledged. I have a friend who is us up near the top of those shitty leaderboards, and he plays as fair as anyone, but it means nothing to anyone because for all anybody else knows, he's a hacker.
  • I got a copy of MW3 for a buzz on 360. If anyone wants to come and help a relative noob (not played since the week of MW's launch), gimme a shout.
  • First you need to hack the servers...
  • Lollers. Still worth playing MW3 over the new load of tosh...
  • Do people still play COD 4?
  • You'd be lucky to get a game that's not hacked and where every player isn't using the M40 but yeah you can still play it. It's brilliant.
  • How does one go about hacking a game like that?

Not for me, no. It's probably more effort than I could even imagine. It's just sometimes you hear "oh it's hacked to fuck" and you just think it's sour grapes off a shit player.

Fuck. I don't mean that towards you both. It's just..... I dunno. How do you do it?
  • Not sure. I think you have to flash your 360 then put a script on it for the servers on whatever game you're playing to enable God Mode and superfast speed etc. I know you can also install the hack from USB. I could be way off there but I've been in plenty of games where there is hacking all over the shop. World at War was particularly bad. They could even change your character to look like japanese girls with massive heads and stuff. Weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbYU6jIKsbA
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    CoD is 4v4, unless you count the coaches. Knight is right, they also tend to play round based game types, such as SnD, CTF and Hardpoint. It'll be interesting to see if they move to Ghosts (MLG have been doing some test/exhibition tournaments) or stick with BlOps II.

They'll move I'd have thought. Unless loads of the features included in BlOps for the competitive side aren't in Ghosts
    GT: Knight640
  • Don't know if I can be arsed dealing with hacked games.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I got a copy of MW3 for a buzz on 360. If anyone wants to come and help a relative noob (not played since the week of MW's launch), gimme a shout.

I'm on quite a lot Gav though I tend to just play TD and don't have a mic on. I'll have to dig out my headset, though I've never played "with" a team.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    They'll move I'd have thought. Unless loads of the features included in BlOps for the competitive side aren't in Ghosts

the optic mlg team have a few you tube vids up saying theres no competitive modes at all!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ok fair enough. I still don't see why casual players should get the bum deal with hacked leaderboards though. What really grinds my gears is that the issue is never addressed or acknowledged. I have a friend who is us up near the top of those shitty leaderboards, and he plays as fair as anyone, but it means nothing to anyone because for all anybody else knows, he's a hacker.

It's a shitty situation, definitely. Especially for a game that's been out for such a short time. You can almost understand the hackfest that is World at War, but Ghosts shouldn't be broken this early on. And while it won't effect the tournament scene directly, you have to wonder how they'll get new players in when the game itself has no way of differentiating between good players and cheaters.
    daviedigi wrote:
    Knight wrote:
    the optic mlg team have a few you tube vids up saying theres no competitive modes at all!

Does Ghosts include System Link? I think one of the weirder things about BlOps II was the (IIRC) lack of LAN options, so all the games are played online, even when the players are sat next to each other!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wait, no cross hairs when firing from the hip? At all? Regardless of weapon? At what point did that sound like a good idea?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Watching some of his other videos, apparently Ghosts has no theatre mode, either. Bit of a shame, but some people did seem to think that TM was to blame for the increasingly bad net code of the CoD series.
  • Well, that didn't take long. In a game tonight that had two hackers. one with invincibility and the other with that and an aim bot. Didn't make it hard to spot as his kill cam screen actually showed the aim bot lines and was plastered with custom clan logos across the bottom of the screen. Bye, bye CoD.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slavmOqLDw#t=47

This isn't the only map people can do this on either, simply stunning map design and don't even get me started on the spawning system. Complete and utter garbage is what CoD ghosts is.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Sweet zombie Jesus.
  • Have Activision even acknowledged or attempted to fix any of this?
  • Just got the veteran achievement to get and that's all the SP achievements and my fun with ghost done. Never been a fan of CoD MP and I tried Extinction but it was...shite. As per usual though I really enjoyed the SP, gutted there's no spec-ops.
  • Call of Duty series enters three-year dev cycle

Sledgehammer joining the roster of developers. I can't tell if this is Activision getting smart or an act of desperation. Hopefully it catches on though, the two year development cycle hasn't been a good thing.
  • They would have to pull off something pretty spectacular for me to be ever interested in the series again.
  • Make it an arena shooter.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    Call of Duty series enters three-year dev cycle Sledgehammer joining the roster of developers. I can't tell if this is Activision getting smart or an act of desperation. Hopefully it catches on though, the two year development cycle hasn't been a good thing.

It'll be on a three year dev cycle for the next three games, then they'll go back to a two year cycle and the games'll come out every 8 months. So sayeth the oracle.

I do hope this means we see some more interesting CoD games. Though it does mean that we'll have even more ridiculous arguments online as people split between being Treyarch, Infinity Ward, and Sledgehammer fans.

This has to be a first, doesn't it? Three studios working on a franchise simultaneously. I mean, other games have had three dev teams on them in the past, but they've been working on different parts of the same game, not unique titles.

Either way, Infinity Ward and Treyarch have to be happy, they must have been in constant crunch since CoD 4 came out.
  • This is currently free to play on steam for the weekend and is also down to £19.99, there must be no one playing this pile of shit for activision to do this.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!