Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I am, think I've pretty much given up on BF4 as being a fucking chore. I know I've got to be in a team, but it's so bloody organised, I can't always plan when I'll be online, and trying to solo on BF4 usually gets you nowhere.

Not that Ghosts is a patch on the earlier games.
  • Call Of Duty Multiplayer Goes Free This Weekend On Xbox Live

Has to be worth a go, although it all seems a little desperate from Activision this year.
  • Spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die that sums up CoD ghosts.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    It sums up CoD in general.  This wasn't news back in 4, sometimes but rose tinted glasses and all that.

I think I'm just done with shooters and have been for a while without really believing it.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    TreD wrote:
    Spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die, spawn die that sums up CoD ghosts.

No offence, but that sums up every FPS online if you suck at it.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ooff, shots fired by Swirl
  • Ah, so its my lack of skill and not the horrific spawn system that anyone who has put anytime into ghosts will tell you about. Go back one page and watch the video I posted and tell me its a lack of skill or bad game design.
  • Yeah Swirl, it's the fact that the spawning is so fucked that it's possible to kill someone, then run over to where they spawn next and headshot them before they can move that is the issue.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Ooff, shots fired by Swirl

I did say "no offence".
    TreD wrote:
    Ah, so its my lack of skill and not the horrific spawn system that anyone who has put anytime into ghosts will tell you about. Go back one page and watch the video I posted and tell me its a lack of skill or bad game design.

The spawn system can be as broken as you want, my statement stands. If you're dying all the time, someone is doing the killing. Someone who is probably better at the game than you.

I've put my time into online shooters, I spent three or so years playing pretty much nothing but Halo 3. I know how annoying a broken spawn can be, or how frustrating an abusable game mechanic can be. But if you're doing nothing but dying, there's probably someone doing a lot of killing. Are they winning because of the broken spawns, or winning despite the broken spawns?
    Yeah Swirl, it's the fact that the spawning is so fucked that it's possible to kill someone, then run over to where they spawn next and headshot them before they can move that is the issue.

Welcome to online shooters. This is called 'spawn trapping' and is a common feature in competitive play of all shooters. Just watch any pro Halo 3 or Reach match. The words "spawn trap" will be said at least once, I guarantee you. I've watched games of Halo 3 where the guy gets about 8 kills in a row about one second after the other guy spawns. No one complains about it, they just get on with trying to re-take map control.

Anywho, my statement was meant as humour, not to offend, and I apologise for ruffling any feathers. You have to admit it's true; if you got my Mum playing online shooters, "spawn die spawn die" would be the result, whether it was Quake II, Ghosts, or Titanfall.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • The spawn system means I spawn and I get killed before I can even move, how is that in anyway a lack of skill on the players part? And this is not spawn trapping as you will spawn right in front of enemy players, did you even go back and watch the vid? The guy in the video isn't good he is exploiting the broken spawn system.
  • If you die without being able to move, the game is broken.
  • Oh it's broke alright. When you start seeing some of the more popular CoD YouTubers complaining how bad it is and even boycotting it, you know there's a problem. Grizz certainly hates it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've spawned next to a squad in BF4 more than once.
  • Your own?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye but you pick where you spawn in Battlefield, so you've only yourself to blame. Unless we're talking Team Deathmatch, which has borked spawns due to the size of the maps.
  • I spawned next to nobody on Prey.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    TD but guessing BF4 has bigger problems than this.
  • オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Not sure if anyone still plays any of the CoD games, or at least will admit to it. A friend documented his experience, climbing to the top ten in the works then trying to put the pad down. Anyway I've linked to the ebook version but he's finally going to self publish an actual print run soon, so if this sort of thing interests you, check it out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00D3PNK60?pc_redir=1397597984&robot_redir=1
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    It's a combination of having less time to play and less people to play with.

I'll still get the game as I like a shooter but I don't have enough time to put into MP.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • What is the general feedback on the DLC for this? I'm tempted to go for it.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Probably in the grand scheme of things it's relatively generous; I do have a season pass but I only play with bots. It's maps maps maps, a new chapter of the alien thing each time. I don't really know a bad map from a good one with bots but you end up with plenty of variety.

• Had a little drool at the graphics but find myself sometimes judging games by how much theyd make me feel sick on the oculus rift in lieu of any real enthusiasm. It'll be pretty in a dumb people shooting people way, i cant believe it could have any further pretensions
  • Anyone else still playing this on PS4? This is basically the only game I'm playing right now, since time is short and it's easy to drop in and out of.

For what it's worth having missed the actual discussion of the multiplayer, this is one of the least broken multiplayer FPS games I can remember ever having played. No stupid 'no-scoping', 'noob-tubing' or knifers. I can't say I've run into the spawn-immediately-die issue very often, and I have played a lot.
  • Worst game of the series by far except from the terrible CoD3. You'll be better off playing the original Modern Warfare. Far more fun. As with finding people to play Ghosts with on here? Good luck with that.

How you can say it's the least broken multiplayer FPS I really don't know. It's plagued with the same annoying design choices CoD has had since MW2, with some of the worst spawns yet seen in a CoD game. You've only to browse YouTube to see some comical stuff. Couple those spawns with horrendous killstreaks and the return of the most OP perk - Danger Close, and you've got a turgid mulitiplayer experience. 

Do yourself a favour and get out of it.
  • As a heads up on my background, I'd say I've played every Infinity Ward CoD for at least 50ish hours. 

I'm better than the average CoD player, so as a warning I'm coming from the perspective of a 'hardcore' online player. I feel that whilst MW had the ridiculously random noob-tube issue, MW2 had the randomness of the knife class, and MW3 had the basically skill-free no-scoping issue, I can see no particular issue in Ghosts that has unilaterally made the game less fun or skillful to play. I have a solid 65 hours behind me and can only remember a handful of times where I've spawned and died before I could do anything. Perhaps the issue is isolated to the new maps? I haven't paid for any DLC.

What I do see a lot is people spawning and immediately running towards the nearest orange dot, which is a sure-fire way to get yourself killed over and over. It's genuinely difficult for me to read that kind of complaint and not just assume the person in question is terrible at the game. Sadly, anyone can edit together a YouTube video that makes a game look broken, whereas I have actual experience and just don't see it. 

Not looking to cause a war here, just don't get the hate for the Ghosts multiplayer (granted, the campaign was Infinity Ward's worst yet).

Questions:

Why is Danger Close OP? (I don't use it, maybe I should)

Which killstreaks are horrendous?

Which annoying design choices from MW2?
  • I think Ghosts is the worst by some distance. Ploughed 30 days on COD4 MP online (shameful, I know) and between 5-10 days on the subsequent titles and Ghosts really was dreadful. Same house and internet connection but lag was terrible. The ridiculous amount of camping was more than just criticism by noobs - pretty much every game I played was populated with people who were desperately massaging k/d at the expense of objectives. Maps insipid and some far too large. 

COD is always an easy target but thought this was a really weak effort. Hence the poor sales, consumer reviews and price-dropping sooner than previous efforts.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    pretty much every game I played was populated with people who were desperately massaging k/d at the expense of objectives.
    To be fair, this happens in everything now.
  • That may be another thing worth mentioning - I only play TDM so as to avoid the inevitable conflict of interests in objective games. I can't deny that the emphasis on maintaining your own statistics - since things like your level are completely immaterial - in all CoD games is a bit of a shame. I may have rose-tinted glasses but Halo 2's level system seemed pretty fair and straightforward?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!