regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Black Ops 1 and 2 I both finished and found there to be some fun in both, but I'm utterly done with the formula now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Well they have been improving each iteration (not hard) so you never know.
  • I would like the invisible line trigger to Fuck off.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But that's so the buildings can collapse.

The best thing in Black Ops 2 was the little assault missions. They were fun.
  • Aye, the Strike Force (think they were called something like that) were a good idea. A necessary addition to an ageing formula, no matter how well-made they often are.
  • I hate the MP but enjoy the campaigns. I look forward to getting this on my One, though of course it won't be until the next instalment that the series releases a true next gen CoD.
  • Call Of Duty: Big Stuff Breaks 10
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I've played and completed MW, MW2 and BlOps II, and even ventured into the murky realms of multiplayer with the last one. Had top fun with the lot, as much as it pains me to say. I'll be grabbing Ghosts on day one, I reckon, which'll be a first for me and the CoD series. (On Wii U, if any ones interested. Buying extra maps is too much like effort. ;) )
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I remember when CoD4 on't maroon had a fuckton of replies in a huge topic, was glorious. Seeing this thread made me lol, its looks so lonely.
    I started that thread and was full of excite yet in months it only got upto 2, yes 2, pages. It wasn't until the beta that people realised what they were getting and things went ballistic.
  • Because until then COD was a meh shooter. 4 is still the series pinnacle. Such a fantastic game. Wasn't too keen with online, but I played it for two months reasonably solid. More than any of the others got.

Black Ops 2 is still in the wrapper.
  • Again, I've not found any other series that beats the local off-line splitscreen modes. I wish I could.
  • And they bother putting Dualplay in, which is a nice bonus.
  • Which is what?

I think the Halo lot would argue there is a series that beats it for offline split screen.
  • Full screen local MP for 3D TVs.
  • Oh, like that PlayStation TV thing.
  • I'm going to assume Halo can do offline bots because otherwise it's awful but generally points matches between you and your mate get boring fast, I mean Spec Op-type bite-sized co-op which is perfect.
  • Ah right, different beast then.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Oh, like that PlayStation TV thing.
    Is it?

Dual Play is where 2 people both use the same TV but get their own full screen by wearing a pair of 3D glasses* with a compatible TV.

*not the normal 3D glasses but a pair that only shows one 'side'.
  • SimulView Technology Improves the 2-player Gaming Experience

Fans of co-op and competitive gaming modes are intimately familiar with local split-screen multiplayer functionality, which literally splits the visible display area of a single TV used in offline play to show the differing actions of individual players participating in the same game, at the same physical location. As advantageous as this is for group play, the quality of even the sharpest of HD television displays is compromised by the halving of the viewable area. SimulView Technology does away with this issue by enabling two players in a supported game to see their actions in-game displayed as full-screen projections** (the full requirement for the effect are: a PlayStation 3D Display, 2 pairs of PlayStation 3D Glasses, a PS3 system, a PS3 game that supports SimulView, and two players). Built on the Active 3D glasses technology and specially enhanced for gaming, SimulView technology brings players deeper in the game than ever before while still sharing the experience with a friend. Games supporting SimulView technology include MotorStorm Apocalypse, Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5, Super Stardust HD, with more titles in development and coming soon.
  • Yeah, Simulview is Sony's name for the same thing. Playstation TV, if you mean that little monitor thing, has it but generally Sony 3D TVs do too.
  • In fact I'm not sure why any 3DTV can't but I think it's limited to Sonys and LGs?
  • Oh I have a LG 3DTV, Ive never heard of this I may check it out! What compatible games are there?

I am curious about Ghosts but if the campaign is 4 hours long they can go fuck themselves.
  • Probably best to look online, afaik it's not something they put on the box. As above, you need 2 pairs of special glasses too, LL and RR. Also it's not perfect, you do get a little bit of ghosting but it's not usually that noticeable.
  • I have no idea what the story is about.

Production value has been stripped back to fuckery. Fade to black for the win.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Hilarious that they took a video wholesale from MW2 for this.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Pleased popular opinion has finally caught up to this franchise being shit. In fact it's so shit that i'm often coerced into overlooking how utterly awesome the first Modern Warfare was at the time
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I think the hardcore fans and the developers are getting fatigued with the series; for the former, buying a full price game every 12 months, all the DLC, stumping up for Elite membership, etc., is getting tiresome, and for the latter there's only so much innovation you can do within the CoD framework before you either run out of ideas or do something to ruin how it plays.

I think this is going to end up going the way of the plastic instrument music games; too much too fast, so people get put off and it dies out. I doubt Activision will care, though, they've still made more money than Scrooge McDuck off this freight train of a franchise.

If, instead of CoD 4, WaW, MW2, BlOps, MW3, BlOps II and Ghosts we'd have had CoD 4, 5 and 6, there'd probably be more people still into the series. Even the hardcore guys on YouTube are already lamenting the state of multiplayer in Ghosts, even with the promise of dedicated servers. Hell, there are still people playing CoD 4 from what I hear. If instead of being spread over seven different games, everyone was playing the latest of three, Activision could still be selling map packs for MW1.

Ah well. I'm no longer a day one-r for Ghosts, but I'll probably pick it up at some point. I'm not that hardcore of a fan, so I've only played MW, MW2 and BlOps II (and only the latter in multiplayer), so the fatigue hasn't set in.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I don't get why they don't make an actual new engine for this. 'Oh it costs too much and we don't have time'. Fuck off.

COD 4 was such a good game. It's a shell now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!