Dishonoured
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    The levels are always intricate and interesting and blink can be used in a vast variety of ways, you can blink to places while falling, double jump then blink, blink is silent so you can blink in behind people, some escapes can employ insane rapidfire blinking, climbing, vaulting and sprinting. Not one level has let me down, i havent tried to break it to be honest but the levels have worked perfectly with it, even with something like doublejump and megablink which i was convinced would completely fuck up the levels but just make them more fun.. well there you go!

One of the first things I noticed was the length, breadth and height of buildings.

I'm excited to see it in use.
  • google wrote:
    Eugh. I want to play more of it. Is anyone else playing this maxed out on PC? Anyone a bit disappointed with the visuals?

The visuals do seem a bit bland compared to other games, but I haven't played enough yet to make a firm opinion.  It works but at the same time I want more from the graphics.
  • I've found the graphics rather lovely thus far, that said the prison isn't nearly the best of examples
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I want to play it once and get everything.

One of the things you get is fucking glorious. Seriously, this game reg, its your heaven.

If this is true... Hello.
  • google wrote:
    Eugh. I want to play more of it. Is anyone else playing this maxed out on PC? Anyone a bit disappointed with the visuals?
    The visuals do seem a bit bland compared to other games, but I haven't played enough yet to make a firm opinion.  It works but at the same time I want more from the graphics.

Yes, that's exactly my feeling, Jim.

It's extremely smooth and runs very well. Loading is almost instant but at the same time, I would give up some FPS and loading for a bit more shine and oomph.

But it's a minor thing to complain about.
  • I think there's some key sections later on that will change your minds about the graphics, especially in regards to sheer space and architecture (But definitely a good few small locations too)
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    I think there's some key sections later on that will change your minds about the graphics, especially in regards to sheer space and architecture (But definitely a good few small locations too)

Again, I've not played enough to talk about the graphics throughout the game. It's just that early on, I'm not particularly impressed with the visual style nor that bad textures.

It all feels very 2008.

That said, I'm sure this wont matter when I'm sneaking around town.
  • Comparisons to BioShock make me very interested indeed!

Too many good games about :(
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Can somebody post a video that best shows this game, I'm ready to order it but I just don't know enough.

I could also do with a summary that's firmly based in reality and not pre-launch/honeymoon period hype...

MattyJ wrote:
    Comparisons to BioShock make me very interested indeed!
    This couldn't turn me off it anymore!
  • Any good then? Noticed someone on the FL playing this earlier.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I dont find it at all like bioshock, mainly the nature of the spaces, bioshock felt stodgy and claustrophobic to me, this game is very free and fast with tonnes of space to move around in, fighting that feels skillful and intense and skills that should be gamebreaking but only enhance and encourage experimentation

I dunno if im honeymooning, im quite far into the game, i really fecking loe it and assuming it continues this way for a little bit longer then im happy
  • Just left the sewers and forgot about the graphics completely.  very emmersive, seems absolutely class.   The little girl at the start was very bio shock in character design and graphics.  I do get a little freaked out by the tongues moving in the cut scenes.  Seems a little over the top and like a slug having fun at a disco, but that being said its not bad at all.  Its kind of a cross between a cellshaded look and a painting...  that doesn't make sense but I know what I mean.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I could also do with a summary that's firmly based in reality and not pre-launch/honeymoon period hype...

Read my initial post a couple of pages back then.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just left the sewers and forgot about the graphics completely.  very emmersive, seems absolutely class.   The little girl at the start was very bio shock in character design and graphics.  I do get a little freaked out by the tongues moving in the cut scenes.  Seems a little over the top and like a slug having fun at a disco, but that being said its not bad at all.  Its kind of a cross between a cellshaded look and a painting...  that doesn't make sense but I know what I mean.

I much prefer a stylised look over attempts at realism. This has a lovely art style - kind of a Half Life 2/Borderlands/Team Fortress 2, hybrid. Also reminds me of Guild Wars 2, which uses vivid colour so wonderfully.

Anyway, intial impressions are good, it certainly handles very well. Slick maneuvers, regardless of the level layout/terrain. Looking forward to unlocking some powers and zipping around like a supernatural ninja.

Don't really have time to sink my teeth into it this evening, but i'll post more (non-spoiler) impressions tomorrow night after a decent session.
  • On my way home. Just cannot wait to play thus again. Hopefully baby Kyah is sleepy...
  • Steam says I'm 3+ hours into it and I've just completed the first mission proper. 

Wow.

The amount of options open to you is a little overwhelming after the initial tutorial. What was initially a mission with a single objective quickly turns into an overarching story of multiple missions, objectives, secondary objectives all with multiple ways to solve.

Without spoiling anything, you're told to do Option A. But during the mission you find out that you're also able to perform options B and options C, with the caveat that Option C affects Secondary Objective B. 

So what was initially a fairly simple objective in that you're told to go here and complete that turns very quickly into a very layered experience with multiple avenues open to the player.

I started to get a little frustrated towards the end of the level as I was needing to go to bed but wanted to complete the mission before turning in. I thought I'd completed the main objective as well as a couple of other secondary objectives after 90 minutes of play only to find out there was another few secondary missions, secret rooms, additional items and extra lore to find. 

This is going to kill completionists!
  • This game sounds like a delight. I've been interested since the original trailers - the style and aesthetic both appealed immediately - but I haven't read anything whatsoever about it until now.

I wasn't a big fan of Bioshock mechanically as it was far too clunky for me (though I loved the setting and opening hours). Just how similar is the combat?
  • This game sounds like a delight. I've been interested since the original trailers - the style and aesthetic both appealed immediately - but I haven't read anything whatsoever about it until now. I wasn't a big fan of Bioshock mechanically as it was far too clunky for me (though I loved the setting and opening hours). Just how similar is the combat?

Yeah, my Bioshock comparison may have been premature. It definitely feels like Bioshock in art style and tone but the mechanics are a mix of Deus Ex (the original) and Arkham Asylum. There is definitely some clunk to the game though. Because of the amount of items/abilities available to the player the game struggles to give him access to them all in a particularly streamlined way. You're constantly jumping into the quick menus to chop and change your abilities depending on the situation. This is no bad/difficult thing but it definitely drew away from the flow of the gameplay.

It really is a mix of many different games, Tiger. A single comparison is unfair to it or those it's ripping off. I see Half Life 2, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Batman, Fable, Metal Gear and a whole host of other games. It's not doing anything revolutionary from a gameplay perspective. It's biggest boon is the amount of options it presents. So if you want to run through in a Bioshock esque fashion shooting and blowing shit up as is your want, you're able to do that.

But if like me, you're more into creeping around, picking your targets and eliminating one-by-one then you'll have a lovely time too.
  • Thanks, Google.

I'll definitely pick it up somewhere down the line. It sounds like a game I'd really enjoy, despite any flaws it may have.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    google wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Link to it if you could, this was why I posted what I did, because the pages were moving so fast and it was hard to find aything in all the posts...
  • 'mon shopto, do the honorable thing.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    google wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Link to it if you could, this was why I posted what I did, because the pages were moving so fast and it was hard to find aything in all the posts...

basically the initial art design reminded of Bioshock but on playing more it opens up and is a bit more like deus ex and skyrim but in a much cooler way.  I think this pretty much summarises it.  Its really nice, have played a bit more and its a keeper so far.
  • Game dispatched. Bring it on, am excite.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • My Game account states that this was despatched yesterday. I have Friday off so will have some time to immerse myself in this.
  • Urgh, Sainsbury's order page really isnt the post revealing of pages. No details whatsoever.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    Urgh, Sainsbury's order page really isnt the post revealing of pages. No details whatsoever.
    Keep the faith, they delivered Borderlands 2 on release day with no update to the order in my account details.
    basically the initial art design reminded of Bioshock but on playing more it opens up and is a bit more like deus ex and skyrim but in a much cooler way.  I think this pretty much summarises it.  Its really nice, have played a bit more and its a keeper so far.
    I hate, no, detest Bioshock, Deus Ex (the latest one) I found boring but Skyrim I fucking loved. 2 outta 3 ain't selling it to me...
  • Tell me about how difficult it is and how much you have to repeat when you die.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!