Dishonoured
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Dishonored is different. Playing Dishonored feels like entering a designer's playpen. You're given a set of tools and encouraged to experiment with them, to break them, to explore and adventure and read and fiddle and sneak and kill. Freedom never felt so good. It's almost sold it to me, almost, though not quite there yet. This will come when you lot get your copies and start banging on about it.

I remember reading an interview where the devs said that when testers broke the game through "glitches" in combining tools, rather than just eliminating the glich, they tried to tune it so it could still be used in the final game.
  • AJ_ wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Dishonored is different. Playing Dishonored feels like entering a designer's playpen. You're given a set of tools and encouraged to experiment with them, to break them, to explore and adventure and read and fiddle and sneak and kill. Freedom never felt so good. It's almost sold it to me, almost, though not quite there yet. This will come when you lot get your copies and start banging on about it.
    I remember reading an interview where the devs said that when testers broke the game through "glitches" in combining tools, rather than just eliminating the glich, they tried to tune it so it could still be used in the final game.

Yes I remember reading that. What game was that?....Cant remember. ANNOYING.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • HITMAN ABSOLUTION!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO Brain.
  • No, this was about Dishonoured; they were talking about combining something with teleport to slingshot yourself. Unless there's teleportation in Hitman, of course.
  • YES THERE IS OK?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Re: Thief, Thi3f was the weakest in the series and felt more linear (the previous ones seem more like Dishonoured, i.e. area to explore and goal to reach but get there how you like) despite being able wander about the city, but it was still excellent which says something about the quality of that series.  Still have yet to sample Shalebridge Cradle of which I hear good things, scary things.

Actually, 3 might be on par with 1.  Still, 2 is the best.

Thi2f was top 5 material, even when it diverted into acid casualty territory for a bit.  Some of my fondest gaming memories are to be found therein.  Genuinely scary in parts too.  

Here's hoping for Thi4f.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Agree with all of that, esp with thief 2, the whole game was completely off-kilter regarding scariness, much of what was going on was chilling

It may well be my fave game ever, alongside Damocles, which is a game that bears even less resemblance to this than fallout 3 or even dig dug
  • I'm so out of the loop I've never even heard of this game.

what's up wit dat

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just finished the first bit, have decided that i'm going to pretend its thief 4, as it can be played that way, also that i will complete the game 100% stealthy and non-lethal

Based on this start then ye gods this game is going to be spectacular
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    The only negative aspect I can garner from the reviews is your character seems to get too powerful by the end. But anyway, i've preordered it on PS3.

You can never be too powerful.
    rest less
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Amen.
  • ALL THE POWERZ!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • This is my new favourite game
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Steam would want to do better on their pre-order offers. Who wants Arx Fatalis now, ten year old second rate rpg?
  • Arx Fatalis was great, another of my favourite games
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Looks like shit now though.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Thief 4 is allegedly on the way.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    From the people that made Deux Ex HR Department.

Which whilst that wasn't a bad game, I'm not 100% confident in a new Thief being any good.
  • g.man wrote:
    I'm so out of the loop I've never even heard of this game.

what's up wit dat

g.man

Ditto. It got a 9 in the pamphlet, so I'm interested.

Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • If you liked thief and you liked deus ex you'll really really like this
  • Deus Ex HR was alright, I got rid of it 'cause the framerate was like walking in treacle.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Arx Fatalis was great, another of my favourite games

It's presumably included because it was Arkane's first game - originally intended to be Ultima Underworld 3. They're clearly fans of Looking Glass. Looking forward to playing Dishonoured once it inevitably fails to do well in the Christmas rush and gets its price cut in half.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My finger is hovering over the pre-purchase button. I blame all you cunts for this entirely.
  • Because of my insistence on not killing anything i've put a lot into the agility and movement stuff quite early into the game, it's incredibly empowering being able to shoot around the place, scaling everything at speed
  • Am willing to believe this amounts to a not-shit Bioshock but I mean I'm really good at judging things accurately by their mere covers and and
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    Pre-load complete. Don't suppose theirs a super secret way of convincing Steam that I'm in NA so I can play now? I can't wait any longer.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Apparently, if you use a proxy service or vpn you can do just that. Although I borked my install of Borderlands trying it and had to reinstall it.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    hmmm...maybe not. Don't want to do anything to risk my Steam account anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!