Dishonoured
  • Looks like its clearly been developed for the aging consoles.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • yeah im maxed, LOVING the visuals but they are very stylised, quite to the extreme - the nods to hl2 are amusing

i think it has great stylistic continuity and the painterly charicature of everthing is great, much of it is absurd or even rather gross but with some gorgeous locales at times

like:
    Spoiler:
  • three1ne wrote:
    Looks like its clearly been developed for the aging consoles.

There's some nice visual flourishes in the beginning but as DS says, some of the textures. EUGH.

I'm running maxed at 1920 x 1080 and it looks fine - but after playing Borderlands 2 maxed, I feel like something is missing here.

It just feels like Bioshock. The same lighting, water effects, sound - this is not a bad thing though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm heading back in, woooo. Helped this rather shitty cold-fuelled day pass.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is everyone in Dunwall in English?
  • I'm heading back in, woooo. Helped this rather shitty cold-fuelled day pass.

Its definately one of those games that makes me want to pull a sickie and go home to play. Wrapped up in a blanket with copious amounts of tea.

Unlike Bioshock, It feels a lot calmer. Maybe because I'm early in. Maybe because it empowers the player. 

Bioshock always felt like there were a couple of ways to do things - but neither of those ways were particularly easy. Setting up traps was tough and unpredictable. Shooting was often difficult and unsatisfying.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The powers are sublime.

More I play, more Bioshock it is. Seriously appeared under my radar, knew nothing about this last week.
  • I was gonna wait a while before getting this due to still being deep in Blands 2, but the Bioshock and Thief comparisons have killed that idea. Will get it on Friday.
  • I was gonna wait a while before getting this due to still being deep in Blands 2, but the Bioshock and Thief comparisons have killed that idea. Will get it on Friday.

I think it's a good compliment to Borderlands 2 because it's a very driven experience.

I wont say anything about the story but you're never awaiting motivation. You're not in a sandbox whereby you can do whatever you want. You're just given the tools to do whatever you want in a linear, story experience.

Which is fantastic.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The variety in how you approach each mission is sublime. Switching between combat and stealth works a charm.

Blands 2 who?!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    DS WOT U LIKE
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This. I like this.
  • google wrote:
    I wont say anything about the story but you're never awaiting motivation. You're not in a sandbox whereby you can do whatever you want. You're just given the tools to do whatever you want in a linear, story experience. Which is fantastic.
    The variety in how you approach each mission is sublime. Switching between combat and stealth works a charm.

This really does sound like my kind of thing, think I'll have a look at the Edge review now I've decided to get it (no need to avoid temptation if I've already succumbed). 

Starting to get excited.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Get excited with good reason. I can see me on this for a long time, prob just stick like a filth with the PC version alas.

• Awesome. Bookmarket.

Which is the optimum FOV setting?
  • How to change FOV:
    Get it on 360 and buy nice big telly.

But srsly, this sounds ace.  That bit about jumping off a tall building and body-jacking into a passing npc before you hit the ground has really caught my attention.

When is this out again?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    google wrote:
    Awesome. Bookmarket. Which is the optimum FOV setting?

I've no idea, but I like anything in the range 95-110.

110 is a bit fish-eye lens but once used to it it helps with the stealth, so I'm on that. First mission, two hours in.

Peeps banging on about 4-5 hours completion time must just be legging it through.
  • First mission, two hours in. Peeps banging on about 4-5 hours completion time must just be legging it through.

My mate used to boast about how quickly he would complete each new Zelda game. The missing-the-point-completely idiot.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Doesn't really matter even if it was, would it? You'd want to replay it several times seems to be the consensus.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I want to play it once and get everything.

One of the things you get is fucking glorious. Seriously, this game reg, its your heaven.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yup, its gone above the shambles that is Blands 2 for me already.
  • I was at it from 4am at 5pm today pretty much non stop and the game hasnt finished. I can recognise you can complete this game very quickly, esp what with blink and all, but it really is missing the point completely, it like buying loads of land and only ever using the road between the house and the gate. Do you play games to complete them or do you play them for the sheer pleasure of playing?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gunn:

How seriously fucking awesome is Blink? I want it in everything now.
  • This does sound awesome, will pick it up between now and Xmas.Actually sounds ideal for the Xmas break.
  • Gunn: How seriously fucking awesome is Blink? I want it in everything now.

What's so awesome about blink is it comes early and they seem to have managed to do the impossible and make pretty much a godlike power enjoyable, empowering and not gamebreaking

As said, when you get megablink and the agility stuff all bought up you'll have so rarely enjoyed such empowerment.

I actually keep forgetting blink at really silly times then i remember i COULD do it the way i was doing (Usually normal whittling away guard numbers with stealth knockouts, i spose others might use combat), but i could, instead, do something faster and infinitely more thrilling and audacious by blinking around the environment like some crazy thang

If you've gotten to the masked ball, anyone, i'll spoiler a bit but i'd like to hear your thoughts:
    Spoiler:
  • I like blink, but it's not the power that's awesome; it's the level design.

It's not difficult to employ a similar skill - whether it's a hook-shot, rope ladder, teleportation, etc. The difficulty comes from having the levels built to accommodate the skill. Consistently.

Again, I'm not far enough in (I just got the skill and used it in the tutorial mission) but It will be interesting to see how far they go with it in the levels and whether they actually go three-dimensional consistently.
  • GENUINE EXCITEMENT ABOUT PLAYING A COMPUTER GAME!!!
  • The levels are always intricate and interesting and blink can be used in a vast variety of ways, you can blink to places while falling, double jump then blink, blink is silent so you can blink in behind people, some escapes can employ insane rapidfire blinking, climbing, vaulting and sprinting.

Not one level has let me down, i havent tried to break it to be honest but the levels have worked perfectly with it, even with something like doublejump and megablink which i was convinced would completely fuck up the levels but just make them more fun.. well there you go!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!