Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't think it's a risk to the account at all.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Thief 4 is allegedly on the way.

They're going modern day with it last I heard. Although whether that means the mysterious city-state it's set in gets upgraded to electrical tech as opposed to steam or it's just plonked whole sale in contemporary earth is up in the air.

While on the subject of the older Thief games, has anyone got 1 & 2 running on Vista? I can't get them to run for fuck.

Plug for Thief 2's cutscenes while i'm here. Loved the silhouette style they choice.

• RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    Ask Deek.

HMV in-jokes, love em!
  • No bull it was actually him who originally showed me the Netflix DNS trick. In hindsight I wish I wasn't so appreciative of it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Vista?

Ruh?

That £25 Windows 8 upgrade can't come soon enough for you huh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Right, lets give this a crack and see if its worth grabbing the 360 version.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    No bull it was actually him who originally showed me the Netflix DNS trick. In hindsight I wish I wasn't so appreciative of it.

This makes me sad Gav, I expect better of you.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Vista?
    Ruh? That £25 Windows 8 upgrade can't come soon enough for you huh.

If it's as easy to install as it is cheap, hell yar. I only recently learned how looked down on Vista really is by the community.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a horrendous piece of shit. 7 is great.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Plays very nice on my laptop, AA off, everything medium. Looks like it'll be hella fun.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    As much as I dislike Bethesda, this is wonderful.
  • I installed and played this for 90 minutes or so last night. I ran through the first 'level' and tutorial before getting to the players first main story mission and stopped as I was tired.

This is non spoilery - I wont talk about story.

It feels very much like Bioshock. It looks like Bioshock. It even plays a lot like Bioshock in the initial area. 

I dont think it's a spoiler to say you have a few options when dealing with enemies and early on I found that combat was the easiest route to go. Firing your weapon or using your sword are equally weighty and enjoyable. The controls feel weighty and even when presented with 4-5 enemies at once I never felt out of my depth or out of control. The counter mechanic is pretty fun to play around with initially. 

Some of the early set pieces are fun - especially the first time you see a horde of rats. There is a lot of lovely background story being told in the form of notes, books, etc. 
    Spoiler:
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yup, the combat is very smooth. Very Skyrim and such when using sword (blocking/simple attacks), and similar to yourself I've found combat is the easiest way early on.

Also as stated, very Bioshocky in look/weight/feel of the whole game, which is a positive in my book.

Not far in (about an hour) though.
  • Yup, the combat is very smooth. Very Skyrim and such when using sword (blocking/simple attacks), and similar to yourself I've found combat is the easiest way early on. Also as stated, very Bioshocky in look/weight/feel of the whole game, which is a positive in my book. Not far in (about an hour) though.

It feels a lot more automated than Skyrim though. Skyrim (for it's faults) felt a lot more dynamic. In that if I hit with a specific sword against a specific enemy in a specific angle a very specific animation would happen.

The combat so far is almost Batman-like. The counter system feels that way for sure.

EDIT: Also about an hour in - I got past the first 'other worldly' section and saved.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm still at:
    Spoiler:

Spent about 20 minutes messing with settings and its running smooth as now, looking akin to the first Bioshock graphics wise. Loving the lore/audiographs and such.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lol the lil spastic jump in this.
  • I'm actively avoiding combat because i find the player can be very capable at it, especially at the point of the game i'm at, i'm finding genuine enjoyment from actively avoiding combat and playing it like a new thief
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've always been piss poor at stealth, so combat away.

The rats :D
  • I wish i could explain why i'm so pleased with this game right now without spoiling it even though it wasnt an especially clever thing
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Then post it in a spoiler, chap.
  • Nah cbf its really simple you'll get there eventually, and yes, the rats are amazing, they seem to have put a lot of work into getting them working right
  • Why is everyone playing this already? HMM?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • We commune with the outsider
  • Yah, I got excited that I could go out and buy it and then realized that it's not out til Friday :(
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Why is everyone playing this already? HMM?

It's released today in North America. I have this and XCOM installed and loaded on my PC at home.

But I'm at work :-(
  • I'll buy this on either xbox or pc i think because theres 1/ endless replayability not just in doing levels differently but collecting everything in a level and doing side missions or unexpected scripted things, which can be exhaustive, and 2/ this game is speedrun heaven, get the agility skills and blink mk2 and you will be getting youtube videos of people doing phenomenal things in this game, when youre at full speed, doublejumping and blinking like a motherfucker its like.. a.. i dont know what, its one of the coolest feelings ive ever had in a game

ill spoiler
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think I'm going to ignore this thread as I don't want to ruin the surprises for myself. There's also less chance of me caving in and buying it on Friday if I stay away from here.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just used some monies, controls really clicking (did a wander in the hub to get used to em).

Cracking, cracking stuff so far.
  • Eugh.

I want to play more of it.

Is anyone else playing this maxed out on PC?

Anyone a bit disappointed with the visuals?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm not one for visuals so it could be bland as long as it plays well, but on everything max at 1366x768 it really ain't that great. Some of the textures bleurgh.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!