Dishonoured
  • Although you can play this a variety of ways, I do think it's intended as a stealth game and best enjoyed that way, the reason it transcended regular stealth games to me was the power at your disposal as you go along - eventually you can stealth just as quickly as going all combat, its not a matter of hiding in one spot and falling to sleep waiting for a designed correct moment, you can get around very quickly - timing and movement is controlled by yourself using time-based powers and blink (And typical stealth game tactics like creating distractions). Good point on verticality too, always look up, navigating an area can involve as much upwards and downwards movement as on one level, and it's no hassle and helps you to move quickly - again like said, you'd be surprised where blink can get you - upgraded blink has you all over the place without stopping movement (Stealthing while running and jumping at speed is a novel experience, even knocking someone unconscious and hiding them can happen in the middle of a bunch of running and blinking with hiding the body not really slowing you much)

I don't think the AI is dumb so much as deliberately myopic, at least foot based enemies, i think just to keep everything at its most fun. The strider guys and the rocket turrets seem to spot you very easily though, and can make short work of you unless you move quickly
  • This game only gets better with age. Still looks gorgeous on a PC, certainly bettering the remastered console version. Most importantly, it plays beautifully.
  • I want the PS4 definitive edition. I'd like it to be dirt cheap again, I was seeing it sales for 8 quid over Christmas and didn't have time to take advantage. Great game.
  • Cheapest I've seen recently is £10.00 at Game.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    £5 for Dishonoured on PS4, boxed, from Smyths. Collection only. Anyone have one near and would be willing to post me a copy? There's a £10 Smyths voucher in it for you, so you effectively get a copy for free! http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-13940/dishonored-definitive-edition-ps4/
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    If I knew where a Smyths was I'd snap that up.
  • Checked the two stores near me and both are out of stock.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    returned to Dunwall today. It remains startling and wonderous. Such a great game.
    rest less
  • Didn't the Dishonoured franchise get canned after the second instalment failed to shift numbers?

Then Arcane Studios went on to do Deathloop and er...Redfall.

Still, this thread is golden because I get to read Lazy Gunn's erudite commentary on the game again.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    Didn't the Dishonoured franchise get canned after the second instalment failed to shift numbers? Then Arcane Studios went on to do Deathloop and er...Redfall. Still, this thread is golden because I get to read Lazy Gunn's erudite commentary on the game again.

kind of lost the distillation of magic....
    rest less

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!