Dishonoured
  • It's much more satisfying to sneak it, the stealth works, i promise
  • Oh yeah, i may as well add, you can kill a prone body by dropping another prone body on it. I never got to trying dropping a prone body on a walking guy but i imagine it would be quite funny
  • That's dumb. Why would dropping somebody on somebody else kill them? Unless it was from several stories, but I can't see that being a regular occurrence.

And, yes, the stealth works; I'm just careless. That bit where you blow the doors at the beginning? I thought jumping in the bin by them (both to hide and protect myself from the blast) would be the best idea. So I hide in there for a while, while people run past, then more people, them more... eventually I decide I'm going to have to get out and am greeted with a huge crowd who thinks a guy jumping out of a bin next to an exploded door is odd and I have to do lots of murdering.
  • I stealthed it and only starting knocking the odd person out around the 5th mission or so.

I think that's the best way to play but, this game has a lot more going for it, so you can miss how the game world reacts to actually spotting you.

There are also some hilarious ways to kill people such as freezing time and attaching bombs to people, etc.

All of which I missed.

It's very impressive that the game caters for a number of play styles, and handles them well.
  • I got out without being seen after hiding in the bin. Maybe it's a matter of timing. Or maybe I'd knocked everyone out first. I forget.
  • I just stabbed the Admiral in the neck. I pleases me greatly that I was allowed to do that.
  • This game went bad for me when I started trying to collect all the hidden coins and stuff. I hate collecting shit in games but couldn't finish a level without having a good look everywhere. Will go back when I'm ready to ignore that shit and enjoy the actual game.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Best hilarious kill for me is win the duel without your own bullet. I think dropping a body on another body from shoulder height pretty much could do some damage but i actually initially theorised he'd suffocated, as little sense that may have made to the actual game mechanics
  • One of the best games of last gen. Awesome. I started a stealth and no kill run, but alas I don't usually have time to replay games.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Alas I don't usually have time to play games.

FTFY.
  • That's gonna change for Bayonetta 2. Wife going away for a few days to her mum's with the kids and I'll have some time, YESSSS!!

Gonna try and take time off for Bloodborne too next year. Seems to be the only way to really get time!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've got to say, one of the things that kind of put me off with this game was the moment that I realised I wasn't going to be able to max out all of the skills with a single play through, coupled with discovering the lack of an NG+ mode.

Having every skill and being able to go back through missions to try different approaches would have been worth carrying on playing for. Knowing that once I'd completed it I'd start again from scratch didn't give me much motivation to reach the end.
  • AJ wrote:
    That's dumb. Why would dropping somebody on somebody else kill them? Unless it was from several stories, but I can't see that being a regular occurrence. And, yes, the stealth works; I'm just careless. That bit where you blow the doors at the beginning? I thought jumping in the bin by them (both to hide and protect myself from the blast) would be the best idea. So I hide in there for a while, while people run past, then more people, them more... eventually I decide I'm going to have to get out and am greeted with a huge crowd who thinks a guy jumping out of a bin next to an exploded door is odd and I have to do lots of murdering.

Hide in the bin or the crate opposite. I prefer the crate as you can see the people in the room move about.  Eventually, they will return to their posts and you might have an extra person in the room to sneak past.  You'll see them move onto the bridge, back in to the room, back to the bridge, etc.

Once they are back in the room, leg it and jump straight off the bridge.

If you are playing on hard or higher and playing stealthily, you have to knock out the guard that just stands and watches the door you blow up.  They always trigger an alert and the guards will find you if you don't.  Even if you are hiding in the bin or crate at the time of the explosion.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    One of the best games of last gen. Awesome.

Agreed. I'm hoping for a current gen sequel so they can increase the scale of things a little bit.
  • indigo wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    One of the best games of last gen. Awesome.
    Agreed. I'm hoping for a current gen sequel so they can increase the scale of things a little bit.

It's a story worth being told, too
  • I don't like how much I die in this. If it keeps it up at this rate, I might put it aside for now and get Assassin's Creed IV to play instead.
  • I'm going to make a whole hearted effort to play and complete this during October...never got passed the first few levels.
  • I bought the game again in a Steam sale for the all the dlc. I need to get into the extra stuff when I get time because the main game was superb. Reminds me of Deus Ex for gameplay loveliness.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    I don't like how much I die in this. If it keeps it up at this rate, I might put it aside for now and get Assassin's Creed IV to play instead.
    Suck less.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I tried sucking less, it was too hard. Besides, I shouldn't have to suck less, there should just be an easier option.
  • There is an easier option. Stealth. Thats how the pros do it irl too

I found the game a breeze, really, stealthed lots, used blink creatively, the levels are opportunities for experimentation, not just a corridor from a to b, you definitely get out what you put in
  • I was stealthing. I was a lot better at it back when the first Deus Ex was released.
  • Starting to get the hang of it, now. Still leaving a bloody trail whenever I'm in a building, but outdoor areas are going better.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Jesus cristo man just use lean. They can't spot you.
  • I have been leaning. Trouble is, it doesn't stop people you've forgotten about who've wandered up behind you from spotting you.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Go vertical. Anything above eyebrow height they rarely see.

And you'l be surprised at the amount of objects you can blink onto.
  • Seriously? People aren't going to see a hulking great guy perched on top of a tiny book case? Maybe I've been going the AI too much credit.
  • Yup, ai vision is a little flawed that way. Still, the game would be very hard to ghost properly if you didn't have that benefit going for you.
  • I gave up on this at the part where you have to break into the leader's house, I think. Got too frustrated being Mr stealth.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!