theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The way I had it set up worked OK. Two Ion's targeting a ships shield and guns and let the drone sit back and take its time. I kept looking for attack drones and a recovery arm but they never came. Plus I'd used most of my power on the 6 needed for the Ion's. I ploughed the rest into shield as I knew the last guy was going to try and give me a kicking. Would have been OK but for the boarders.

Oh, and the Mantis is in the engine bay, the guy in the shield bay is a 1 star engineer.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Needs to be a side game where you catch Drones like Pokemon.
  • Trouble with doing it that way, Mod, is
    Spoiler:
    Was that the first time you came up against it?

Also, bomb teleporter paired wil full sensors is the nuts for eliminating crew.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It was the first time I hadn't been eliminated in the first 15 seconds yeah.
  • This needs to be ported to my ipad....    made it to the boss for the first time just now in about 10 goes...  got him down to his last block of life and my last chap who was flying got toasted by a fire..  dammit.  back to it again.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    It was the first time I hadn't been eliminated in the first 15 seconds yeah.
    Okay, I'll forgive you, then. ;)

EDIT: Damn it, not even posting from source mode gets rid of those damned smiley graphics.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    SON OF A FUCK!!!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Not even close! Having a really good run and a bloody quest forced me to do something stupid and I karked it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Fuck it, I'm going to play some MW3 and kill Russians. It's either that or kick the dog up the arse.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    No sure why sometimes my O2 just runs out by itself and regularly my weapons just stop working. Says there's no power. Where has the power gone?
    For the O2:
    Check that your room hasn't got a breach in it.  They appear as a crack on the floor.
    That's caught me out a few times.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I spent an entire game once with a room with a breach I couldn't be bothered to fix, the airlock at the back of the first ship, in fact.  I felt it added to the character of my vessel.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Certainly be a hilarious place to see an enemy boarding party teleporting in. With blast doors.

Anyone managed to kill an enemy crew without destroying the ship? Get anything extra?
  • Hopefully i'll have enough left over on Friday after Blands2 to pick this up, it sounds like a more detailed version of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, which focused on the externals. Why games like this aren't more frequent on the PC I have no idea.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Anyone managed to kill an enemy crew without destroying the ship? Get anything extra?
    Waiting to unlock a Rock ship for that one.  Pretty sure I saw an achievement somewhere for it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Loved loved loved that game. Engrossing and very creepy single player which had the right balance of linearity with ship customization and strategy.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Certainly be a hilarious place to see an enemy boarding party teleporting in. With blast doors. Anyone managed to kill an enemy crew without destroying the ship? Get anything extra?

You get a bit more loot from taking them in tact, also more chance of being able to knick a weapon.

Just got a firebeam - does no hull damage but sets stuff on fire. Had a great fight with a pirate where I set every internal space of their ship on fire, watching the little men scurry round in panic!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Gotcha.

How many systems do you guys average in a sector? Do you try and explore as many as possible before the fleet catches up?
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Do you try and explore as many as possible before the fleet catches up?

Yes, this is absolutely vital for the end game - exploration means fights / quests = scrap = upgrades.
  • Yeah, "fortune favours the brave" so I've started going to the most dangerous sectors and exploring and getting in as many fights as possible to try to gather as much scrap to upgrade the ship as I can.

Also, if you come across a stranded ship asking for fuel it seems I often get a pretty decent weapon if I give them the fuel - so it can be really worth it. Current Kestrel run saw me fluking a second burst laser II early on, so I've been ripping through everything and instant disabling shields and weapons with the first double-volley :-)
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    "Die you rebel scum!"

Boss beaten on third attempt on easy, thanks to drones and ion bombs and the generally awesome Engi ship.

Second attempt was cut short when I got on the wrong side of a map from the exit, the layout of the stars meant I needed to circle right round the edge of the map through the enemy army to reach it. It happened again on the third attempt but this time I was able to fight my way through.

Not sure I want to move on to normal just yet.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    All i'm playing is normal. And getting a bloody nose each time for my trouble.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    All i'm playing is normal. And getting a bloody nose each time for my trouble.

I doff my space hat to you - I'm sticking with easy till I've unlocked all the ships.

Lost engine and shields in a astroid belt last night - didn't end well
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Just had an insane go on this, it was like Easy actually was easy.

2012-09-20_00001_zpse0072030.jpg

Of course I buggered it up by letting boss man get within range. IR IDIOT.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That is alot of stuff. Envy.

Unlocked the Zoltan ship earlier. The starting beam weapon it gets is quite a combo with the missile launcher. Got up to the final boss on normal as well. But he pretty much stomped me. Lasted about a minute though.
  • Boss beaten in easy and normal, using the Osprey. Brilliant spaceship! All it needs are lots of lasers and a fully modded artillery beam. 

Now I'm hunting for the other ships.....
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Of course I buggered it up by letting boss man get within range. IR IDIOT.

HA! Just did the exact same thing.

Nice ship set up there BTW
  • I don't think I'm going to touch normal until I'm sure I know what I'm doing on easy.  Don't think that'll be too far away, though.

This is my favourite build so far:
    3WzrN.jpg

The drone compartment should be vacuum, too, but I forgot after my gunner was killed and had to be replaced by the security guy who was living there. Looking at it now, ion blaster and heavy laser should have been the other way 'round, too.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You deliberately leave compartments vented..... interesting.

Guessing that's part fire prevention, part anti-boarder. See the logic for fire but I've never really noticed venting make much difference to boarder health. One assumes it must though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!