FTL - new ace PC game
  • Done all the A layouts (on easy) apart from Lanius and 2nd special that I haven't unlocked yet - surprised how differently the different ships make you play; had an awful time trying to figure out the mantis cruiser boarding strategy, but once I'd got going on that it turned into an absolute beast (but less beastly against the AI drone enemies). Now trying the Lanius and starting on the Bs!
  • The most frustrating boss fight ever:

FTLBalls.png

His hacking of my weapons meant my approach of lasering his shield down and then beam-weaponing the ship was a no-go.  The timing of my beam weapon (halberd I think) was pretty much exactly the same as his hacking re-charge, so every time I had all weapons ready, boom! Hacked.  Back to the start. My boarding rock men couldn't scratch them as they just rotated crew.

Eventually jumped away, got fucked over by an ASB assisted ship, lost my rock-men.  Managed to get back and defeat version 1 of the boss, but no chance against V2. Boo!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, if your weapons get hacked by the boss, jumping away at the first opportunity really is the only viable course of action. I had it once, I can't remember exactly what my weapons were, but I do remember that every time I had a volley ready he'd cloak and then drain my weapons charge before reappearing. Most frustrating,
  • Ok. So when you jump away and then fight him again, will he not just use the same tactic?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The hacking randomly hits one of your systems. Keep your fingers crossed that it's one of the subsystems.
  • I've lost so many evenings to this now... :-(  :-)
    This on iPad is pure crack - just one more jump, just finish this fight, just one more jump...
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Ok. So when you jump away and then fight him again, will he not just use the same tactic?

The second fight he targeted my med bay, unfortunately I'd taken such a pasting from the ASB in between that I was screwed. That ASB thing is really annoying. Can ruin things in the last sector if you get a bad layout.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This is down to a fiver on the iOS App Store.
  • All I am playing at the moment is FTL.  It just keeps on giving.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It's so best. Although, I think I prefer it without the AE content.
  • I haven't been back since the update. The flack cannon is a bit overpowered mind, but I'm still having loads of fun trying to unlock all the ships. Currently about halfway through getting the second of each ship.

I was trying the 'Get to sector 5 without upgrading the power' one, but one of the missions awarded me an upgrade! Bastards.

I love the ipad version, I think it's the perfect fit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Great game to play when you're minding the little 'un too, easy to pause when there's a drama.
  • I tried playing this earlier.

It didn't go very well.

I was boarded by some random people and I couldn't figure out what to do. So I died. 

Then, game 2, I got attacked by another ship. I could figure out what to do. So I died.

Seemed nice, but an Android version so I could play on the sofa would be better. I should also do the tutorial.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There's an iOS version if that helps.
  • It does not, unfortunately.
  • I tried playing this earlier.

It didn't go very well.

Does this come as a surprise?

With boarders, the easy thing to do is vent every room as they get in there and keep your crew in the med bay. Works best when you've got upgraded doors.

With enemy ships, you shoot at them. Works best when you've got upgraded guns.
  • Of course it was a surprise. I'm brilliant at gamez.
  • Nobody is brilliant at a roguelike on the first play. Nobody.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!