Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    1. Did exercise again this morning. Slowly getting rid of the gut.

2. Enrolled daughter on trampolining lessons, which she will be chuffed with, and which aren't at a stupid time in the evening.

3. Managed to get a top of the line S24 ultra, Samsung watch, fancy case and fast charger for half price.
  • I'm also looking at 3 via Three offering me all sorts. Just watched the MKBHD first impressions.

Tempted!
  • 3. Managed to get a top of the line S24 ultra, Samsung watch, fancy case and fast charger for half price.

So, only a grand?
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just under.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    1) Discovered, thanks to Cinty, I didn't finish Persona 4 properly, so it's back on.

2) Discovered a new locally brewed session ale and had a pint at lunchtime, called Bringing Seshy Back :-)

3) Discovered a pasta bake cooks very well in the air fryer
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm also looking at 3 via Three offering me all sorts. Just watched the MKBHD first impressions.

Tempted!

As a key worker Samsung will give you good discount mate, so have a look there first.
  • Mine for yesterday…

1). The look of joy and relief on a lady’s face yesterday as I gave her some results
    2). The ice giving everything a magnificent shimmer (especially when I walked the dog last night)
    3) The feeling of icy air in my lungs. Always wakes me up and makes me feel like I’m actually here.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Starting the day walking the doggo in the park is an easy first each day.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 1 Proper snow
    2 Friday
    3 Woke up at 4am with that throat feeling that normally indicates a cold coming but feel fine now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    1) warming the car without leaving the house again full of win
    2) got my putter hole thing out that garage so can now practice in the house
    3) Haiku being the funnest game I've played in yonks, and WFH + steamdeck meaning I can sneak five mins on it whenever I need a mental breather
  • 1) New bike day! Got a full carbon thing in the sales for summer cycling.
    2) Friday mornings - don’t teach until after lunch so get to put some tunes on and crack on with all the shite that’s piled up over the week.
    3) Smile! Got tickets to The Smile at radio 6’s festival in March.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • 1. (kinda cheating but ok) last night she was feeling really down so I decided we gut her office clean, and make it so she has a clean tidy space to work in. Tidy space, tidy mind, her therapist said, so. A quick hour later and the difference was incredible. Two desks I've not seen the top of in donkeys now clear, laptop set up, label printer on the shelf, and a wee "inspo" wall as she's currently in a bit of a funk creatively. Seeing her working away on something as I went to bed made me feel amazing. I can't be her shrink. I can't diagnose and solve certain mental issues. But I can do physical things, make a dinner, get the teas in, sort the washing. (when I'm not utterly burst from work lol) feelsamazingman

2. Not deathly cold this morning, just normal Scotland cold so that was nice not thinking I was gonna get hypothermia on the way to work.

3. REDUCED XMAS CHOCOLATE FROM PETROL STATION. 75p mint aero bubbles, tyvm.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    1) I was able to do another exercise class this morning.

2) My daughter is always the happiest little girl in the world in the morning and she gave me a kiss and told me I was the best daddy (sorry guys, she doesn't lie) in the world before I left for work.

3) it's Friday, so cheat day for dinner, so can go for some unhealthy takeaway type food and a beer tonigh for dinner.
    1. Simple answers to complex problems at work. (I’ve been back-and-forth with sector heads at a big corporation for months, trying to understand what the different sales messages need to be for customers in each sector. I finally have all the answers in front of me and - what a fucking surprise - it’s the exact same messages, just in different orders of priority.)
    2. The sun streaming into our house through big glass windows. It makes glorious shapes on the walls, and sunlight just lifts your mood all by itself.
    3. Tea. Cups of tea are ace. Keep ’em coming.
  • 1.) Still Dry.
    2.) I got a pretty great LinkedIn recommendation from the guy at Sony.  Now I need to take advantage and get on with applying for stuff.
    3.) I'm struggling for 3, but I know something else good will happen today.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • I'm hungover after a whisky and cigar tasting last night so not feeling tip top, but nevertheless - 

1) The first cup of tea in the morning. Just hits different. 
    2) No work meetings today so I'm free to actually write some press releases while second-screening GDQ speedruns.
    3) I'm also working in my pyjamas and a big jumper while the sun shines on me. Lovely stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    1) It's Friday
    2) Met my old oncology team when I went for bloods today, they're a great bunch of people doing a bloody hard job
    3) Last nights air fryer pasta bake was very nice, so just had leftovers for lunch
  • 3.) It's been an awful day, but I just came back from a pub where it didn't even occur to me to have an alcoholic drink.
  • My turn for a 4.

In the absence of a hacked Vita or anOG Switch, I got a USB C to HDMI cable. I’m now playing A Link Between Worlds on the telly, using a Series X controller and Citra.
  • 1- had a call from my current manager saying that he thinks that the organisation doesn't recognise or reward my contributions enough and that I'm doing jobs that nobody else has the knowledge to do. I know its likely just empty words but it's nice to hear.

2- my wife bought Pop Tarts.

3- my son gave me the best cuddles at bedtime.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 3.) It's been an awful day, but I just came back from a pub where it didn't even occur to me to have an alcoholic drink.

Top work Kris.
    So much easier once over that initial hump.
  • 1- had a call from my current manager saying that he thinks that the organisation doesn't recognise or reward my contributions enough and that I'm doing jobs that nobody else has the knowledge to do. I know its likely just empty words but it's nice to hear.

2- my wife bought Pop Tarts

3- my son gave me the best cuddles at bedtime.
    FOR THE CHILDREN WOOKIE GODDAMIT.
  • Oh. Well that's too late now.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Had two clear ones yesterday and one this morning, so:

1. Was stressing and getting nervous about some work stuff. But it went well! My data work was given the Ok by the bosses in an internal meeting and then it was well received by our investor overlords in a follow up meeting, all yesterday afternoon. Happy!

2. Lebanese for dinner. My favourite! Wife got chicken and chips previous night for kids (she is unwell and doesn’t want to cook) so I had some too, and while tasty, I just don’t really feel good about it afterwards. So last night Lebanese was lovely as always, I ate well, and we were all sitting together as a family and having a lovely laugh and conversation. Happiness. 

3. Taste getting better after my bout of viral infection, I think I’m more or less over it now. So the new coffee I got a few days back now probably tastes like it should and it was gorgeous. A single origin light roast, washed process fruity coffee from Rwanda. (I tend to go for African single origin, suits my taste buds the most.)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 1. Had a kinda quiet shift at A&E. Given you can never tell how it's gonna go, I have to say it was needed. Got to sit for a bit, drink tea like you WFH louts ;)

2. Got a hot curry pie from the shop. Always a winner post-dayshift.

3. Done a goobs and got the new Samsung. Just went for the base S24 as I don't like big slabs in my hand and have no use for a stylus. Still, the double storage, bonus to my trade in of this S20, years Disney+, free Samsung Galaxy Watch, and a heavy reduction on my tariff with 150gb monthly data is very welcome. Finally got the crazy preorder deals I always miss out on. Phone arriving Wednesday. Huzzah!
  • 1. Gout is finally, finally receding - just some minor aching now when I walk. That's been 10 days of agony.

2. Got to leave the house for the first time in 10 days! Only to go and pick up the shopping, but it's the first I've driven in that time too.

3. Was able to help out with cleaning the house as well - not something that I'd normally look on as a positive, but I've been feeling so guilty with Vicky doing everything around the house that it was a relief to be able to pitch in.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    1) managed a 9k run this morning through the park, which was nice and sunny
    2) managed a round of golf this afternoon too! First in a while so it was obviously pretty shocking / inconsistent, but a few decent chips and putts along the way, couple of pars, etc
    3) going to the pub this evening
    1. Banana & sultana loaf for breakfast, with a nice black coffee. I made it last night and remembering I had some for breakfast was a source of joy.
    2. Driving. I bloody love driving. Even just a run to the butcher’s at lunchtime in grey weather was a pleasure. (The glorious local country roads help.)
    3. Listening to the new Sleater-Kinney album on my brief drive about. It’s mid-tier Sleater-Kinney, I think, but that’s still better than most bands at their best.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm confused by the consistency of your indentation

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!