Three Good Things
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    1. Knowing I’m going to have a Tunnock’s dark chocolate teacake, that my lass gave to me for Christmas to bring home. Sorry Moot :)

2. My house is starting to come together, after a bunch of old stuff thrown out and new furniture brought in.

3. Surprising my son later with a meal out to thank him for being a helpful chap with all this disruption in the house.
    Things can only get better.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1. My wee boy being all obsessed with space all of a sudden due to topic at Nursery. He wants to go to Jupiter.

2. My difficult teaching period of the week that I've just had being a smash hit this week.

3. When you clear the email inbox.
  • 1. Just had a fucking epic battle in the Underdark, which I won due to the sheer flexibility of BG3s rules.

2. Lovely chicken salad for lunch.

3. Son number one announced that he and his gf are off to various places in Europe over the next 6 months, taking advantage of his child trust fund cash rather than just pissing it away like we were worried he would. Amsterdam, Venice, Madrid and Verona have been mentioned. Really pleased that he's going to see some of the world and broaden his horizons - living in a small town like we do there's a real risk of insular living.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Small town syndrome was one of the reasons I moved away as soon as I could from my home town (didn't have a trust fund though! :P )
  • 1) Managed to get out of work long enough to have lunch with my wife.
    2) Made a (very slow) start on a new play I've been asked to write.
    3) Takeaway curry for tea.
  • 1) The Boy has a sense of humour. Made me laugh last night and again today. Last night he told me about some MrBeast YouTuber I knew nothing about and he burst into hysterics about how old and out of touch I am or something. 

2) Twitter can be a cunt, but it also provides real gems such as cat videos and gifs. And other funny stuff.  This made me chuckle so much, probably more than it should have:
    https://x.com/b4ttl3s/status/1746931204056580595?s=46&t=xJqsAiAKde1Nu-EamiZ1Sw

3) Back in the gym tonight, YEAH BUDDEEEEE! Couldn’t do much, was out of breath so easily, and was only doing empty bar cleans and snatches. But man it felt so good to be back. And I was in such a good mood when I got home. Family asked me what was up with me. It’s cos I released some dolphins from exercise, innit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A lot of crap today too.  Big crap, small crap.  But I won't go into that or let it spoil anything.
  • Heh.
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Presume?!
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    1) Despite it being -5, I was able to use the mobile app for my new(ish) car and turn its heating on without leaving the car house. This meant I stayed warm, and didn't need to do any de-icing.

2) Re-discovered that I can see The Shard from my bedroom window in winter

3) Having been told that the external pen testers would raise anything major as soon as they hit it, the three day test passed without any such thing being raised. Huzzah

(And no this isn't about testing our stationery)
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    1) Despite it being -5, I was able to use the mobile app for my new(ish) car and turn its heating on without leaving the car. This meant I stayed warm, and didn't need to do any de-icing.

Maybe it’s comprehension issue on my part, but this sounds like you sat in the car and turned heating on with your phone. Why not just turn it on via the dash or something?
  • Don't rule out the possibility that he left the phone in the new(ish) car overnight so he could control it with his watch from the comfort of his old(ish) car.
  • 1. I've drawn level with the wife in our ongoing not-taking-it-seriously/I MUST WIN darts competition.  5 apiece.  Trying to end on a double is still amusingly embarrassing.  Tilly is refusing an official first to 301 rematch because she's currently beating me 1-0.  Also, it turns out I actually like playing darts after hating it for decades. 

2. Out for a drink/pub gig on Saturday, and I might even come home up because I bought the tickets about a year ago and said pay me on the night.  Might even treat myself to a cab home. 

3. I might get to finish Sanabi on Switch today, and it's got an outside chance of scraping a [9].
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    1) Despite it being -5, I was able to use the mobile app for my new(ish) car and turn its heating on without leaving the car. This meant I stayed warm, and didn't need to do any de-icing.
    Maybe it’s comprehension issue on my part, but this sounds like you sat in the car and turned heating on with your phone. Why not just turn it on via the dash or something?

Lol should have been "without leaving the house"...
  • Adding a 4th again.  I won't make a habit of it, promise.

Seeing reg add 'when you clear the email inbox' in here made me think 'lol I wonder what he'd make of mine', given that I've never bothered deleting anything ever.  
    Spoiler:

Which made me wonder how far it went back, because the inbox number never seems to get much higher than above (I assume they auto delete at a certain point).  While fiddling about in the folders I noticed a load of things in the junk items that I'd never seen.  It turns out my dad started sending me emails that just contained YouTube links to songs with no subject and no other text in early 2022, which my work account flagged as spam.  Which means I've got what looks like a 40ish track playlist to compile.  He never mentioned me not mentioning them, and I saw all the links he sent with subjects or as replies to mine.  Anyway, this is nice, and amusingly they were almost all sent between 1 and 3 o'clock in the morning, which would have been the tail end of whisky o'clock.  But it also makes me feel a bit guilty, because I didn't even reply to all the ones with subjects added that I did see (or watch them all....a full 80 minute Seekers concert is a bit long m8), letalone the ones I didn't.  

Edit: Turns out a lot of these are doubles that came through separately and he was just struggling with internetting. So I've already seen most of them. Makes me feel less guilty anyway.
  • 1 All Visionaries episodes are on Youtube so Im working through those.
    "By nature's hand, by craft, by art; what once was one now fly apart!"

2 Managed to do the boat pose section of my yoga last night, that is massive progress right there.

3 Them chilli and fennel sausages were even better than expected and I've got four left to eat.
  • I don't think I ever saw the show, but I remember digging this guy out of a lucky dip pressie box at the end of one of my mate's parties (in the 80s):

s-l1200.webp

Hologram chest was cool AF.  And so was the lucky dip rummage idea in hindsight.

Edit: Just remembered I pulled a capgun out first, but my mum made me put it back because we had an annoying NO GUNS rule in play.
  • I had a couple of figures and remember seeing the vehicles in Toys R US.
    Previously Id only seen the few episodes I had on tape, which I think was just the first 3.

We also had a no guns rule. Super Soakers were allowed thats it. Then my brother got a BB gun and immediately shot a mate in the knee and the rule was brought back in.
  • Haha.  I did some silly things when I eventually got my BB gun.  Makes me wonder if having potato guns as a youngster would've got it out my system.
  • There is an infamous photo in our family of my dad as a youth shooting a cigarette out of his mates mouth using his air rifle.
    I think that why we had the no guns rule, more for my dad than us.
  • 1. I managed to get another game played and reviewed from the shame pile. 
    2. My proposal to work with a major corporate seems to be going well. 
    3. I sat and watched the new spiderman movie with my boy
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Where do you put the reviews?
  • 1) DOMS!  Woke up this morning sore from yesterday's workout, feels so good!  Moderate soreness is lovely, gives me that feeling I've done a nice workout.  Severe soreness is obviously horrible.  (Unless it's calves.  Any level of muscle soreness in the calves can fuck off.)

2) Looking good in the mirror.  I'm still doing well with my eating and now back in the gym after a 3 week hiatus.  Shoulders and traps and arms looking OK if I may say so myself, and looking myself in the mirror this morning made me happy.  Gotta work on thos love handles though.

3) Beef rendang.  Was lazy last night and didn't prep any food for today's trip into the office.  So I got some lunch for £10 from Nusa Kitchen, small option.  I was sceptical.  Got back to the desk and it's a decently sized portion and tastes lovely.  Good stuff!
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Where do you put the reviews?
    I publish them on my blog and sometimes record them on audio for the podcast. www.werenotwizards.co.uk for blog, .com for the podcast
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Ah, proper games. I knew this.
  • 1. Work thread stuff, while completely for show, is nice.

2. Finding a jar of aldi Nutella at the back of the cupboard. Worth its weight in gold. Don't need to worry abt my 5am breakfasts this week.

3. This song coming on via shuffle on the way home. My number one all time "stank face/finger snaps/finger wag saying 'oh no no'" song. Puts me into a BIG GOOD MOOD.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!