1) Work Monday is now over
    2) I at least briefly got out the house
    3) I managed to do some tidying/cleaning at lunchtime 

Roll on Tuesday!
  • 1 Food delivery box day
    2 The roof is still on my house
    3 Palworld fallout has amused me.
  • Yesterday:

1) Managed to have a properly lazy day for the first time in ages.  (Yet somehow failed to post on here!)
    2) Made a proper roast for the family, which was suitably delicious.
    3) Felt loved.

Today:

1) Spent the day interviewing new pharmacists for the PCN.  Candidates were so good that I'm going to try and persuade the Board tomorrow to try and recruit two of them. (But may not be able to afford it...)
    2) I'm someone who assumes that everyone who knows me regards me with no greater esteem than "that bloke I know" so was weirdly, childishly, thrilled when someone referred to me as their friend.
    3). Got home to discover my wife had bought me chocolate.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Work Monday is now over

Monday night >>>>> Sunday night.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Great thread and all, but I think I'm gonna just do this in my head before bed every night rather than write down here.  Just look back at the day and try and remember the good things and dwell on those.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's great but there's pressure to find 3 good things every day, especially if you're a grumpy bastard like me.

Only do it when you feel the need to!!  :)
  • 1) Weather woes mean I get to work from home all week. Result. 
    2) No more meetings in the diary for the rest of the day. Double result.
    3) We get to defend our title at the local pub quiz later on, with weather issues presumably meaning there'll be less competition (barring the whole thing just getting cancelled).
  • 1. Ive been given a task at work that should be quite boring but is proving uplifting. I have to dig through everything I have done over the last 2 years, upload it to our task manager as individual projects then write a short sentence bigging up how brilliant it is. All in prep for it going on our website.

2. Got some Boyz 2 Men on, having a little sing along, including the deep voiced bloke bits.

3. Warm enough to not need any heating on during the day.
  • I never really have much of note for a thread like this at this time of year, but this is a good one.
    It's absolutely pissing down outside, and I have to go to Perth today to cover St Johnstone v Aberdeen...
    ...only the calendar on my desktop has just notified me that this match is actually tomorrow, not today.
    Consequently I have the day off today!
    Sometimes it's good to be an idiot :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    result
  • Forecast for Perth tomorrow is dry too. I'm literally doing a wee dance right now. :)
  • No lie though. If I hadn't been sitting at my desktop when that notification popped up, I would have driven up to Perth today, and my God there would have been swearing when I got there.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Isnt a wee dance what kids do when they need the toilet?
  • My bladder isn't what it used to be.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    1) I had the motivation to go swimming this morning. Felt absolutely battered afterwards but it's good to get back on the proverbial horse.

2) I get to take my daughter trampolining tonight. She gets so much enjoyment from it it's a pleasure to watch her.

3) I've been trying to stick to a vegetarian diet during the week (for health and environmental reasons) since the beginning of January, and so far noone has complained about any of the meals. Last nights spag bol even got the "this is yummy in my tummy" seal of approval from the boy.
  • 1. Wife had an op today and just texted that she's awake. She's going back to sleep for a bit now. Long morning.
  • Good news Moot
  • :)
  • 2. Had a cheeky day off so I've done a phenomenal amount of tidying/scrubbing/mopping/dusting etc. House looks good.
    3. Tilly also had a cheeky day off and she's done a phenomenal amount of not helping whatsoever. Other than sort of matching half a pile of socks.

Op was a success, just spoke to the doctor. She should be OK to come home from 6ish.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    No lie though. If I hadn't been sitting at my desktop when that notification popped up, I would have driven up to Perth today, and my God there would have been swearing when I got there.

I really fancy doing a proper tour of Scotland - get way up past Inverness etc.   My mate has a contact in a distillery somewhere in Scotland and he has talked about a road trip and doing a bit of a whisky tour.
  • Weather permitting it's a beautiful drive up to Skye. It just opens up and there's no fucker there. West coast is best but the East is posher/better food. Never stop in Fort William unless it's to grab supplies. Visit as many Islands as you can but beware ferry cancellations.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • 1- work was rubbish but I finished a case I've been stuck on for ages and got someone flying again. Really pleased for this.
    2 - my son's surprised me by how brave they can be.
    3- I braved the outside world and went into London to meet with my good friend, Elmlea. We shared beers and Chinese food and much good conversation was had. He's one of the world's good people.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Great news Moot - hope Mrs Moot has a speedy recovery.

1). Looks like we’ve solved the dilemma of how to pay off outgoing partner No 5 at work which is a relief. (Assuming it works)
    2) Taught students this morning which is invariably satisfying.
    3). Storm Jocelyn, whilst being a somewhat annoying pain in the whatever, gave me an excuse to tell my good friend Jocelyn how awesome she is.
  • Had a few things of note recently so yeah, has been ok, but last night was shit.  This morning was shit, still probably is, but at least DJOKOVIC LOST YESSSSSSSSS
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Had a few things of note recently

Aww cheers m8
  • 1.) I'm alive (felt like death Mondsy to Thursday)
    2.) Dry January has been such a piece of piss that I'm already confident calling it with 5 days remaining.
    3.) IT'S PAYDAY!
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Had a few things of note recently so yeah, has been ok, but last night was shit.  This morning was shit, still probably is, but at least DJOKOVIC LOST YESSSSSSSSS

Ha ha
  • 4.) My car just sailed through it's MOT without issue.
    5.) I managed to get the car insurance down to a "similar" level to last year.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
    1. An absolute beast of a hotel breakfast at Refuge in Manchester. Top marks to them.
    2. Although I don’t like 8:30am meetings, I do like it when a client’s leadership unanimously approve my creative stuff and start talking about spending millions rolling it out.
    3. I’m sacking off the rest of the day and going home already.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!