Three Good Things
  • 1- had some good news at my eye test today. And he fixed my broken glasses frames!

2- my kids and I played board games all afternoon and had a right laugh.

3- had a few hours to myself in town this morning so treated myself to this for breakfast...
    PXL-20240120-111952097.jpg
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I'm confused by the consistency of your indentation
    [list=1] and [*] tags.

• Aye, rookie numbers!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • 1. Dentist. Was expending the worst. Open up a tooth, filling, etc. Two X-rays and it seems the tooth is fine, woohoo! Hygienist after that and teeth are doing ok by her too. Double wooohoo! This isn’t the time or place to mention though that I chipped a different tooth at dinner time…

2. Tennis. Boy had a 1:1 session. Has been having these regularly for a couple of months (every Saturday). Coming along nicely, watched him and he is hitting some sweet sweet forehands! Lovely to see. Backhand needs a lot of work though, as do volleys.

3. I tend to avoid much junk. But treated myself to one of my favourite desserts tonight, apple cream turnover. Mmmmmmm
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 1 My little bear Dexter played a great football match today against a bunch of cheating/fouling arseholes. Scored two goals and didn’t get upset by the amount of times he or his teammates were fouled.

2 I’ve been in my new job for two weeks and I love it.

3 My wife is the most supportive and beautiful partner I could have ever wished for.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    9k run loool
    The Daddy wrote:
    Aye, rookie numbers!

It was actually 9.26k
  • Alice in Cahins and Nirvana tribute bands tonight. Don't care if I'm basic, I loved it. 1, 2 and 3.
  • 1) I do a film club with my wife and some friends. It's always a pleasure to catch up, and this time we even managed to talk about the films as well.

2) Started reading The Incal, which I've been meaning to read for years.

3). Sitting on the sofa this evening with my daughter who's come back from a night out pleasantly drunk, and we're both being very silly.  (As we type she's trying to teach my wife how to do a Rubik's cube with all the coherence you'd expect from a drunken teenager...)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    1) hangover isn't as bad as it should be
    2) got half an hour to sit in a coffee shop by myself
    3) get to see my youngest daughter on stage this afternoon
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1) we made a point of doing a full family breakfast this morning, with eggs made to order, brioche buns from boutique place. It was lovely. Me, F and C all in dressing gowns chatting and listening to the Beatles.

2)rmysic recently has hit my pleasure sensors. I've posted this elsewhere but I'm feasting.

3) the house looks CLEAN because I worked my socks off on Friday and Saturday. I love living in a clean house.
  • Sounds great Reg. Especially point 3. I'm so much happier and calmer in a tidy house :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 1- had a decent espresso this morning to start my day.
    2- my farts are absolutely evil today and it's making me laugh my head off everytime my kids run out of the room screaming. Especially when little Felix has learnt to say "STOP FARTING DADDY!!"
    3- We are making the most of our annual zoo passes and enjoying a few hours playing in the soft play here and the outdoor play areas. The kids are full of beans.
  • 1 I'm all cosy and warm inside while it's howling out.

2 Beef and ale stew on the go

3 Flash Gordon on The TV

Peak Sundaying.
  • 1. Got chatting away to an auld boy as I took him for a xray. Double amputee but still as cheery as anything, lovely big guy. Turns out he was from my old hometown so we spoke a fair bit about it and how it's all changed over the years. At the end he told me he was glad he met me as the porter who dealt with him in A&E was a "cheeky wee prick ae a boay" (I'll pass it on tbh, he's not wrong), and shook my hand, said I made his day. No pal, you made mines!

2. Big fuck off lasagne for dinner in a bit. Can't go wrong.

3. Not needing to drive in this storm to her sisters. Wanted to meet wee Willow but I'll take not having to drive just now.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    1. Walked dog in park  (need to find a new 1st but it's bloody great)
    2. Read a Superman comic (see reading record thread)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    1. Made Korean chicken which was fantastic - recipe in eating thread.

2. Had a lovely nap after lunch.

3. Roast dinner all prepped for when the missus gets back from work.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    1. Still feeling like shite cannot shake it so decided to take the next two days off work and gonna do fuck all.

2. Getting back into the groove of watching films again after months of not being arsed.

3. KFC for tea.
  • Yesterday's:

1. Slippers.  Asked wife to get me a cheap pair of slippers as current ones are worn out.  She couldn't find the ones I asked her to get so she ended up getting me some expensive pair which are reaaaaaally comfy.  (Apparently she saw the cheap pair as she walked out of the shop, oh well!)

2. Two-hour gym session, first session of my 8-week program (which I'll have to cut short to 7 weeks as the 8th week is Ramadan, thank you virus you have set me back you utter cut).  Went well, really enjoyed it.  Helps that I feel nice and recovered and loose.  A few sessions in, no doubt I'll become all tight and knotted etc!

3. Leftover Lebanese for dinner and the second of my pair of apple cream tunrovers!  Happy food.
  • 1- had a lovely walk to school and back on the school run this morning.
    2 - Monday is my day with Felix, we're currently eating crumpets and watching Bluey together. He's in a lovely mood.
    3- I'm on the first prove for my pretzel dough. Making them sugar and cinnamon today.
  • 1.) It's been a right hassle and my back is killing me, but the kids' bedrooms now have nice wood-laminate floors.
    2.) Along with the floors, the kids have had a proper clear out of their old tat (sorry, "beloved possessions") and the charity shops love me today.
    3.) Still dry.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • Gav wins today.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • *yesterday! Today's been shite lmao
  • That first one would win any given day.  You're a fucking Hero, mate.
  • Aw, shucks. Thanks mate, I do appreciate that! Just doing my job!
  • 1. Still feeling like shite cannot shake it so decided to take the next two days off work and gonna do fuck all. 2. Getting back into the groove of watching films again after months of not being arsed. 3. KFC for tea.
    I decided to do 2 a few months ago and it's been great. I'm trying to only go on YT when I need to learn how to do something rather than pissing 2 hrs away clicking on shite.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I still piss about an hour a day up the wall on YouTube but I could easily be four or five hours if I let myself. Too easy that site to just dive down the rabbit hole.
  • I still piss about an hour a day up the wall on YouTube but I could easily be four or five hours if I let myself.

So you do daily hour long YouTube videos where you are pissing up a wall?!  Whatever makes you happy, my man.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah make about a grand a month off Berlin piss dungeon fans off em.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1. I've had a productive day at work and was actually in a good mood. In fact, people complaining that I was too happy today...

2. C said "I love you so much" today to me.

3. I've just made my own flatbreads for dinner. Forgot how easy they are.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!