Baldur's Gate 3: It's Party Time! (PC / PS5)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's what you're supposed to do. Unlock your party from each other and sneak them into optimal positions too. Grab some explosive barrels and chuck them in the path of your enemies. Fucking break the game
  • I haven’t played this yet, but the voice over lady seems cool…

• The voice acting in general is so good you hardly notice it.

Edit: Once you're playing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • This is probably the most pure table top to videogame roleplaying experience there is. Most scenarios are completely doable in any way you see fit. It's fucking brilliant. Actions have real consequences outlined by the massive Act 2 spoilers below:
    Spoiler:
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    After initial reservations, I have to say this works really well on the Steam Deck. It looks good and they've done a fantastic job of making the controls work. Every time I think 'But how can I...?' they've already thought of it. The Steam Cloud makes it so easy to just switch to the PC whenever I feel like it. Only thing is to make sure you've saved, exited the game and that it's had the few moments it needs to update the cloud.
  • This.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Rock Paper Shotgun review is up.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm struggling with DR in the goblin camp. He's a unit and decks the npc almost immediately.

I've managed to take out 3 in my opening salvo but DR keeps battering me no matter what.

I might have to accept it at this point.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    After initial reservations, I have to say this works really well on the Steam Deck. It looks good and they've done a fantastic job of making the controls work. Every time I think 'But how can I...?' they've already thought of it. The Steam Cloud makes it so easy to just switch to the PC whenever I feel like it. Only thing is to make sure you've saved, exited the game and that it's had the few moments it needs to update the cloud.

It’s what I’ll be using this weekend again. It does work but still prefer the freedom afforded with K+M. Have you figured out if you can pan the camera around away from the party as you can on PC?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can change to PC controls just by tapping the screen anyway.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    It’s what I’ll be using this weekend again. It does work but still prefer the freedom afforded with K+M. Have you figured out if you can pan the camera around away from the party as you can on PC?

I think you can set it up to use one of the underside paddles. You just hold it down while moving the camera around.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Astarion can get all the way fucked, smarmy little arsehole

Just about to hit level 3 - playing on baby mode because I have so little time to game, I want to actually complete it instead of bash my head against a brick wall for hours!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Kow wrote:

I think you can set it up to use one of the underside paddles. You just hold it down while moving the camera around.

I always forget about those paddles.

@Kow - I did that inadvertently and it also changed the UI to the PC mode which was odd, but guess it makes sense. I’ll give it a try too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm enjoying the pad controls now, but wouldn't use them on a pc.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So click in left stick allows free roam camera on the deck. Yep that works really well. And another side quest unlocked from a location is visited several times, looks like it’s gonna be tough so will come back to it. And progressed Karlach’s story a bit more.

It’s killing the deck battery though.
  • Had a little go today.  Liking it but already stuck in the 'got to open everything' loop.  There's a lot more keyboard than my fucked up hands will take in a long session.  This is a good thing as it means I can actually do some work instead of overplaying it.

The accents annoy me a bit.

a) incredibly posh
    b) gruff northener
    c) cockernee
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sounds like when I went for a coffee with Yoss and Poprock
  • Slightly regret not playing a Halfling called Kilbow Baggins but there we go.
  • Slightly regret not playing a Halfling called Dildo Shwaggins but there we go.

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I made my character hot af before realising about an hour in she looks a lot like my exes sister.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Sounds like the subconscious kicking in to me.......
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You must have always realised your exes sister looks hot af.
  • Does your character still look the same naked?
  • Am no perv. Didn't even spend long on the creation, just hit randomise until she was hot and tweeked it a bit. More random than anything but she does look ALOT like the sis.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bought this on Saturday, absolutely loving it so far. Running absolutely flawlessly on Geforce Now.

Was playing tonight and my mate popped online and asked if I fancied a once a week mp evil playthrough and a natter. Absolute scenes when we came to rescue
    Spoiler:

Hilarious.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wish I'd done that myself... he's a moaning knob.
  • Can we get some kind of forum MP thing going? I think we can do it on a separate game save though I'm not sure how it works.
  • Can only play this on work PC until PS5 release and was gagging for some Larian action over the weekend. So, started my millionth playthrough of Original Sin 2. It's still so, so good. Playing on max difficulty, lone wolf (only one companion allowed) and making good progress - know this game like the back of my hand by this point.
  • I hope the sales of this game lead to more games like Original Sin. The Elder Scrolls games were so good too. Oblivion on Xbox is one of my fave game memories. Skyrim too. You just know Starfield is going to be AAA bullshit.
  • Eh, if you like Oblivion (I do) and Skyrim (I don't) then I wouldn't be worried about Starfield at all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!