Baldur's Gate 3: It's Party Time! (PC / PS5)
  • Has anyone tried the split screen on this?  I'd vaguely suggested to Mrs Robot that it might be worth trying together when it comes out on PS5 - but she's not exactly the most ardent gamer, so I'm intrigued to know how well it works?
  • Non-gamers might struggle a little. It works pretty well with a pad though not ideal, but the wealth of options and difficulty might annoy a casual.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Non-gamers might struggle a little. It works pretty well with a pad though not ideal, but the wealth of options and difficulty might annoy a casual.

Thanks, I feared that might be the case. Might just try it alone then. It's a (very minor) dilemma - I could get it on the Mac which may be a better experience controls wise, but a PS5 version would allow multiplayer if she's up for it.
  • Saying that it might be a total riot. You could discuss all the choices together and see what transpires, and also if one person understands the mechanics it should be fine. As long as the missus doesn't mind dying a lot it could actually be great.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm enjoying my holiday, but also can't wait to get home and play this....
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm going on holiday next week. Thank fuck for the Steam Deck. Only downside is I can't play while driving.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice steady session tonight, got through that bit that I was stuck on, mor stuff found and uncovered another secret stash thanks to some observation of surroundings. Seems everywhere you go there is another opportunity to find good gear. For some reason I am now wanted for killing a guard, but I don't recall doing that... mmmm.
  • Kow wrote:
    I'm going on holiday next week. Thank fuck for the Steam Deck. Only downside is I can't play while driving.

Amateur.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Passenger!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The Underdark is pretty.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    The Underdark is pretty.

It is but I only skirted the edge of it after spotting a Minotaur and decided to head back up.
  • Turns out I was missing a fairly key trick on the super difficult fight I was in, and after sorting that out, I managed to claw my way through it and after 20 hours I have left the first area. I am sure I’ve left one or two things undone, but I am sure I can come back later if I feel the need. Currently enjoying my new sun-dappled environs where I have largely been solving puzzles.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Look Tempy I trust in you right so I've bought this, right. Its on you.
  • Oh, I see how it is...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Look lad I can give you the pressure but we know you thrive under it. I wanna see temps sweat the big balls.
  • So this is good yeah?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cinty and Tempy rec will sway me easier than anything.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Look lad I can give you the pressure but we know you thrive under it. I wanna see temps sweat the big balls.

I'm confident it's brilliant and you will see the light.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Spent about three full hours tonight getting my ass kicked on one fight over and over and over again. Should probably figure out if I can do anything else but it feels like this is the way forward and I have no idea how to bust through.

Try turning off karmic dice.
  • Nah it wasn't anything to do with Karmic Dice , it was the sheer number of opponents (minimum 8, easily escalating to 12). I figured out a different way of evening the odds, because the game is full of options if you look hard enough, but was struggling to implement it cos it wanted me to jump through a hoop that didn't really make sense. When I figured out what it wanted, I got the fight in the bag.

Spoilers for Nere
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    So this is good yeah?

Yes.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    So this is good yeah?

Yes.

No. It’s great.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a bit like Elden Ring in that it's all I want to play these days and when I'm not playing, I'm thinking about playing.
  • I love how old school it is. Hated it when RPGs got rid of turn based combat and this is a delicious return. It's nostalgic and brilliant.
  • Kow wrote:
    It's a bit like Elden Ring in that it's all I want to play these days and when I'm not playing, I'm thinking about playing.

Saaaaaame
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Got up this morning, had 20 mins before I had to go to work, still gave me time to sort my party/gear at the camp, keep Gale fed, talk to all the characters to advance the story, have a major story beat with Will and get my smooch on with another character. Will actually play the game proper tonight... again.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    fecking size of the thing is madness, 120gig

but all set up, locking to 60, ultra wide and i'll dive in later, i wont even shower for a week cos aesthetic
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It looks gorgeous on the ultra wide. It can flex up to 120+ but dips heavily in big fights. However, I've not bothered locking as when out in the wild it's smooth as butter (add your own cliche here).
  • I'm well sucked in.
  • Contemplating picking up a 2nd hand or refurb ps5 just for this...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!