Baldur's Gate 3: It's Party Time! (PC / PS5)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They definitely need to add a photo mode.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes they do.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Both of those fights really raised the bile in my gut. Not proud of some of the things I muttered during either of them. Absolutely incredibly managing the second fight without the mechanic mind, I was getting absolutely ruined during that. My character is also a Drow, and I think half of the lads on Discord have gone Drow too, haha.

Drow or Tiefling, always! Korlach tanked that fight like an absolute beast thanks to all the buffs and healing we were throwing at her, especially our bard who was worth his weight in gold there. Me and our warlock dished out as much ranged damage as we could but it was still so tough. Me, the bard, and Korlach all went down at least once. 

I really am so impressed with the game as a whole though. The variety of options to take on about just about any situation are ludicrous, I mean, I told some mean whip-happy Duergar that I'd talk to their animals and get them to return to work clearing some rubble, but instead I befriended the poor beasts and convinced them to fight alongside us against the Duergar and gain their freedom. And then clear the rubble so we could get the goodies. That was cool enough in itself, but we had a huge amount of options open to us in how we played that one encounter, with all three of us wanting to try a different option. And every bloody encounter is the same! 

My mind is blown.
  • I hear from D&D folks in the know that Bard might be incredibly busted if you know what you're doing, and I am tempted to roll a Bard for my second playthough to find out. But... I wanted to do an evil second playthrough, as so far I haven't even touched the tadpole options! It's all too much, it very much feels like a forever game.

I did that encounter that you're mentioning, and instead decided to tell them to keep quiet or else they'd get it worse. Then there was a bloodbath anyway :D
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I did look up a few beginner tips videos before diving in as I have no fucking clue about this genre and every cunt is saying Bard is ludicrously broken.

I'm going Barb obviously
  • Tempy wrote:
    I hear from D&D folks in the know that Bard might be incredibly busted if you know what you're doing, and I am tempted to roll a Bard for my second playthough to find out. But... I wanted to do an evil second playthrough, as so far I haven't even touched the tadpole options! It's all too much, it very much feels like a forever game. I did that encounter that you're mentioning, and instead decided to tell them to keep quiet or else they'd get it worse. Then there was a bloodbath anyway :D

Lol, brilliant! I'm going hard on the tadpole options when I can, but with three of us in this co-op playthrough there's a lot of times when I'm not the one making that decision. I do like the idea of an more morally dubious solo playthrough, thinking of a dashing but dastardly Bard. And yeah I absolutely get the forever game feels, this is a game you could easily drown in.

I did look up a few beginner tips videos before diving in as I have no fucking clue about this genre and every cunt is saying Bard is ludicrously broken. I'm going Barb obviously

I'd be disappointed if you went anything else! Our NPC Barbarian is both an unstoppable force and an immovable object with the right support, and very fun to use on the few occasions I've been able to steal control.
  • How are you doing multiplayer Stormy, is it three of you, and you alternate control of the final member?

My partner is interested in having a go but i've not actually looked into how it works.
  • Yeah we just pass control of the final character as and when someone asks for it, but mostly they're controlled by the guy who's hosting this campaign. 

Co-op's not bad at all but it does have a few issues, like having to start a fresh character when you join a new co-op game (it does level boost you however), having that character tied to the host's game, some rewards only able to be claimed by one person, etc. 

Most of these decisions are understandable or at least acceptable (although drop-in drop-out co-op with your own character would be an amazing addition), and you can make the rest work by talking things through. Plus the fun we're having as a party outweighs all of the above. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    An MP quest builder would just make this perfect. You build out a dungeon set it with traps, baddies and loot, and invite your mates in and watch the carnage ensue.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I believe Divinity 2 has that feature, although I've never used it.
  • Yeah, Divinity OS2 has a DM/GM mode that lets you set up stuff on the fly and alter it as you go. Think you can also pre make stuff too.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, you can write a whole campaign if you want.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wow. I mean I’d never use it but that’s great.
  • So I've pulled the trigger and now its downloading.  I've got to remain strong and work on my essay every day before playing otherwise I'm in trouble.  I'm not sure "I got addicted to a computer game" is a reasonable excuse for handing work in late.  The mitigating circumstances form doesn't appear to have this as an option.
  • For the people on Steam Deck, how big is the text? I’ve read there’s an increased Font size mod you can download.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Love it Kow. I could spend a week building a character
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    For the people on Steam Deck, how big is the text? I’ve read there’s an increased Font size mod you can download.

You can increase the size of the text in the options. I haven't had to squint too much. There are a few games that are just brutal on my eyes but this isn't one of them.

• Kow wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    For the people on Steam Deck, how big is the text? I’ve read there’s an increased Font size mod you can download.

You can increase the size of the text in the options. I haven't had to squint too much. There are a few games that are just brutal on my eyes but this isn't one of them.
    Cheers, I’m now an old cunt who thought he’d never need glasses for reading let alone balding :-(
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Glasses of Balding+1
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

Cheers, I’m now an old cunt who thought he’d never need glasses for reading let alone balding :-(

Just joined that club. It’s not too bad. The reading not the balding.

*runs fingers through locks*
  • Right, this game is getting a doing this weekend.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:

Just joined that club. It’s not too bad. The reading not the balding.

*runs fingers through locks*

Stop scratching your balls in public
  • Glasses of Balding+1

Less of the +1 ya cheeky bastard!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Just joined that club. It’s not too bad. The reading not the balding. *runs fingers through locks*
    Stop scratching your balls in public

It's ok, I was just on a Teams call at work.
  • Big Game kicking off about a company making a good game, or something.

• Kow wrote:
    I can't figure out how to move an object using the pad.

Found it. You have to press X.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I also found out that holding down on the d pad puts all of your team into sneak mode, which is really useful.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Is anyone else cheesing turn based combat button to instigate a sneak attack?

Just rinsed a boss in the goblin camp with it, turn one. Got a sneak attack crit, which helped.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!