Baldur's Gate 3: It's Party Time! (PC / PS5)
‹ Previous123456719
  • It's a Dungeons and Dragons RPG! Roll dice, make choices, pretend to be a wizard!

Put on your battlethong and rejoice! Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!

Dungeons%20&%20Dragons%20-%20Warriors%20of%20the%20Eternal%20Sun%20(USA,%20Europe)008.bmp
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Clown time
  • Just gonna copy paste my other post:

This game pulls absolutely no punches at all. The regular balanced difficulty makes Divinity Original Sin 2 feel like a cakewalk. I'm 11 hours in and have had to reload numerous total party wipes and unsalvageable combat situations. I was using high ground to get an advantage in a fight, and a goblin rushed me and shoved my Player Character off the ledge, into a bottomless pit, to her death.

I've stumbled into fights that have decimated me before I can even act, lost characters to action-surging villains who have battered me to death before I can react, had gangs of Gnolls hit me with triple crits from bow flurries, seen my parter taken to half health to one AoE in the first round of combat, had my own spells reflected back in my face, and dozens of other similarly evil combat scenarios.

Really enjoying it, and the scope of the interactions the game allows is just utterly staggering. It's the closest anyone has got to making a game that feels like it has  DM running it, and all the characters are just brilliantly rendered with great writing and animations. It isn't the kind of game I am really very comfortable with because I find myself overwhelmed by the lateral nature of the game, and feel like quick saving and loading is antithetical to living with the decisions you get, despite how useful it is to reload a fucked combat, but it's impossible to resist the enthusiasm.

There are a few issues that are proving sticking points - mainly around the short and long rest system feeling at odds with the nature of situations the game puts you in - but it's a concession to rendering the whole rulebook into digital form so I am sure it will pass. Knowing that I am basically in the intro still, given the breadth of what i've seen, is utterly humbling. God knows what's on the way, all I know is I need some more XP as the game has warned me moving on will be "bitterly difficult" for a party of my level. Given how hard it already is... that's pause for thought.

Since then, i've explored more and I am starting to feel like the first area is big enough to have a whole game in it - there's got to be so much more to see, it's going to be fascinating. Easily going to be one of the best games of the year, and what a strong year it is.
  • I'm definitely going to get this but will have to wait until Sept.  I've got a big project due on the 31st August and I know the BG3 time sink would ruin it if I got it before then.  Can't wait though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll do a proper OP at the weekend when I'm home, but this game definitely deserves a thread of its own.

Pervert
  • Fuck you fuckin ps5 and PC pricks

So jealous

:-(
  • I bought this yesterday. Downloaded on the Deck, started the character creator, and was then informed it was my turn to de-louse one of my nit-riddled children.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm watching Cohh's playthrough, it's excellent. I'll get on it at some point, and I don't care if they've made the bards a good class, I'll not be playing as one
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Enjoying this on PC, not so much on Steam Deck, but it will do until they release it on Mac (Sept 6th I'm looking at you). It's hard as nails, but great fun with it. You can do and see lots of stuff that is just plain weird, Bugbear love anyone?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I bought this yesterday. Downloaded on the Deck, started the character creator, and was then informed it was my turn to de-louse one of my nit-riddled children.

I haven't got to that particular side quest yet.
  • Is this like that divinity original sin?

Close to the second one, aye, but more Dungeons and Dragon-y.
    Yes, but based on Dungeons and Dragons and - seemingly - a big step up.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Caught someone streaming this yesterday, the…
    Spoiler:

Looked a like charming game with lethal combat as Tempy has found.
    Things can only get better.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh god save me I've stumbled into the wrong thread the smell
  • Shirley, You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth would be a more fitting title thread?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Anyone used the word dense to describe this yet? As I think this covers it. Still in the first area just spent three hours where I rescued someone from a tricky situation, took on a bunch of enemies higher level than my gang and survive, discovered what appears to be a massive underground section, found loads of gear and about 800 camp supplies, and rounded it off by adding another NPC to the party. This could easily become a 200hr game at this rate.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My character, the guy on the left, there's no photo mode, so just took a cut scene screenshot, as the in-game camera is arse.

bg3.jpg
  • Spent about three full hours tonight getting my ass kicked on one fight over and over and over again. Should probably figure out if I can do anything else but it feels like this is the way forward and I have no idea how to bust through.
  • Roll a D20 for a crit hit?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Bah, killed a few animals unavoidably and felt really bad. Poor Scratch.
  • Is there no physical version of the game at all? That sucks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’ll take that as a no then. Guess I’ll just wait until it’s super cheap to reduce risk of wasting money in case I don’t like it. Or it will hopefully come to GP to PSExtra. Will be ages before I have time to properly play anyway.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Really enjoying this. This is some good Dunjuns and Druguns.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Shirley, You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth would be a more fitting title thread?
    I went with the Larian tagline from the release trailer. Shorter, innit.

• You must gather your party before party time.
  • Just the 96 on Metacritic at the moment then.
  • Just the 96 on Metacritic at the moment then.

It's a failure, must be shit then.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Damn I'm so hyped for this.
‹ Previous123456719

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!