Destiny Is Problematic - Let's Make It Better
  • Still not sure what part of the game you're talking about, frankly.
  • Xur related questlines are the only things locked behind specific days.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This is a concern for me - I can't play on certain nights due to life commitments etc. what are the restrictions with days per week etc

Xur visits over the weekend.  As long as you can get on between Friday 9am and some time on Saturday night, you can catch him.  The weekly reset is Tuesday at 9am, so that's when your raid progress is reset and you get new weekly strikes to play.  There's a daily story mission too, that resets at 9am.
  • Xur related questlines are the only things locked behind specific days.

You can still do the quests any day though, you just need to catch Xur when he visits to swap items.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dante - I'm on PS4, but as im looking for a friendly group to play with, and I know elm and wookie are hard at it on Bono, I'm swithering about getting it on that, and just starting again.

If you pick it up on the Bone, I'll start a new build to play through with you from level 1.  I fancy a second character.  Plus, when you do crack 20, I'll have a level 30/31 I can bring out to help through the weeklies and other things.
  • There's no such thing.

There's daily activities, but you don't need to do anything. Just means whenever you do play there'll be something new to do with rewards to dish out.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dante - I'm on PS4, but as im looking for a friendly group to play with, and I know elm and wookie are hard at it on Bono, I'm swithering about getting it on that, and just starting again.

It's win win really. You'd be hard pushed to find a nicer bunch than those still playing daily on ps4. Younglings always welcome.

Similarly with the bone lot (although they do smell).

There's also a small but significant content discrepancy between the platforms to consider, likely to increase a bit with the new dlc.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    We smell of a nice fragrant smell.

Mostly.
  • All of us smell lovely.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I meant me. I smell a bit musty.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Xur related questlines are the only things locked behind specific days.
    You can still do the quests any day though, you just need to catch Xur when he visits to swap items.

Yes, but the point is that if you can't play on those days, you can't complete the quests. It seems unlikely that many people won't be able to play some point between 9am Friday and 9am Sunday on a regular basis though.

It is still an annoyance though.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    And this making me have to play on certain days to get stuff? Fuck off. Its not bungies decision as to when I should be playing.
    Yep. Actually offensive and offputtibg

That's a little reductionist, there's only me thing you'll miss out on not playing on certain days and that's Xur and he'll be there from the Friday to the Sunday. Aside from that the only thing is the daily, and that's matters not as there's another offering the same everyday.

There is the backstory through the cards and also the very basic line running throughout, and I love me a Halo'esque space opera, but my back story on Destiny is about the time when the great Billy of Hologram kept jumping to his death with the relic of awesomeness when battling the evil Atheon whilst we all rolled about laughing. Or in the times when the one Sparko of Paul went nuts at the children from the US of A starting sections of our war against the evil Crota before explaining what to do to our troops.

It's a shame theres not more story fleshed out but it would be more of a shame to miss out on all the stories you'd find yourself in playing it. It really is awesome and ridicukously engrossing.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Xur related questlines are the only things locked behind specific days.

Yes, but the point is that if you can't play on those days, you can't complete the quests. It seems unlikely that many people won't be able to play some point between 9am Friday and 9am Sunday on a regular basis though.

It is still an annoyance though.

You're saying some could be complaining that you can't log on for 5 minutes to hand in a bounty/item to Xur over 48 hours on a weekend?
  • I suspect that you haven't properly read the post you've quoted.
  • I suspect that you haven't properly read the post you've quoted.

I might be misunderstanding but you're takking about quests that need you to hand things into Xur to complete them? If so you can do the quests on any day and simply see Xur for the end of it whenever he appears, if not this weekend then the next? I wasnt meaning to be argumentative just trying to cement what the issue was.
  • I think he's annoyed about having to wait until the weekend to hand that bit of the bounty in, not a huge issue IMO. Mildly meh at most.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • no its game breaking in fact id say it was offensive
  • In that case yes, that's what I'm talking about. Having to wait is annoying, but more so if like me, you generally work all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday and Saturday nights are also times that people tend to do things, meaning it's very possible that the 5 minutes needed to see Xur within that 48 hour period simply don't present themselves.

Yes, you can wait until the next weekend, but this means that you might have a bounty slot taken up for nearly two weeks for no reason whatsoever.

I'm not saying that it's gamebreaking, and it's certainly not offensive, but it's definitely annoying.
  • I AM OFFENSED
  • But seriously I hear you Dante, I just remember yesterday that I had an exotic bounty and the following stage was to see xur, so I cracked through it and saw him last night. He was swish, proper sorted me out bro. Xur sweet like tropicana know what I'm saying bruv.
  • Rev and reg if yous need a hand I'm always available.
    I have a team that can carry you thru vault of glass when your ready for it too rev.
  • Its dumb because gathering the materials is easy enough, but you have to wait up to 6 days until the weekend to get your reward.

In reality, xur should be there all the time, but it should take you longer to get the components, to balance the reward for effort. Unfortunately this game spits epic gear at you like it was borderlands, which makes the waiting for xur even more pointless and arbitrary.

Its like Bungie wanted to give the game an mmo style system of working for good gear, see the faction guys, but then xur's stuff knocks anything they have into a cocked hat and you can get the coins for his gear in a similar timescale as gaining faction rep takes in pvp. Its all over the shop.

So to get back on topic, imho to improve Destiny, Bungie should decide what game they are trying to make and stick to it, the current fps with rpg/mmo-lite character progression hadn't blended cohesively at all from my experience. It all works, sure, but I just spent half my time in game asking why the fuck would anyone do the loot/character progression /quest stuff in this way? It feels like 5 separate things all mashed together like a check box exercise on things to add to make the game more like an mmo.

Ultimate case in point, why are Bill Nighy's fucking character decorative items so fucking expensive? All those motes of light for purple stuff with no attribute boosts!?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's the question then - put the hands up for Destiny 2 and go "here's the plot this time" or double down and go full MMO no real plot.
  • Ditch the plot and stop pretending to have one.
  • Yeah the og story is in the bin anyway.

Keep it simple, and focus on giving players a large, interesting environment to play in, then go full on with a proper player count per server and landscapes big enough to inhabit that quantity of players. Then make it feel like an actual war is taking place, Destiny right now has Naboo syndrome, supposedly a horrific battle for survival is playing out, but no evidence is ever shown to the players.

Let players pick guardians or darkness and have random server pvp flashpoint events where the two forces meet. Oh and multiplayer vehicles pls.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah, what Rouj said.
  • It needs to go full MMO, but that doesn't have to mean no real plot.
  • Erm, don't you need Xur for two quests? Maybe three?
  • Roujin wrote:
    Yeah the og story is in the bin anyway. Keep it simple, and focus on giving players a large, interesting environment to play in, then go full on with a proper player count per server and landscapes big enough to inhabit that quantity of players. Then make it feel like an actual war is taking place, Destiny right now has Naboo syndrome, supposedly a horrific battle for survival is playing out, but no evidence is ever shown to the players. Let players pick guardians or darkness and have random server pvp flashpoint events where the two forces meet. Oh and multiplayer vehicles pls.

I've no idea what the Mad Max game by the Just Cause lot is going to be like, but I'd like it to be this, and have a feeling it might be.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!