Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    And this making me have to play on certain days to get stuff? Fuck off. Its not bungies decision as to when I should be playing.

Not sure what you're referring to here? Care to elaborate?
  • Or you can do public events , which to date I've never seen yet.
    I can see why they do it, to force you to experience different parts of the game. But its hardly straight forward and my game time is limited.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Olimite wrote:
    And this making me have to play on certain days to get stuff? Fuck off. Its not bungies decision as to when I should be playing.

Not sure what you're referring to here? Care to elaborate?

Daily events.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Rev, you've been through both Dark Souls games, I'm surprised you're struggling with the mechanics of this. You should've been able to get a ton of shards over a few weeks from doing the things suggested here by others.
  • He's probably talking about xur on the weekends.

This one of the mmo aspects that Destiny poorly conveys to its players, in an mmo generally players are not told they will become epic super gawds, you want the best kit you have to work for it, your character works their way up from relatively mundane beginnings over time.

The problem in destiny is that this is half arsed. Not only is the fucking tagline 'become legend' instead of something that might convey everyone working together for the common good, but the amount of work required to be put in to get the top gear is pretty minimal, as long as you turn up on the right day to buy gear off xur or can set aside a couple of evenings to run VoG. This annoys a lot of players because they feel harshly done by if they are able to devote the time to complete a task but cant because it depends on being free at a certain point in time.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • This video might help anyone struggling with levelling up.

-Getting started in Destiny

http://youtu.be/DULtxDLCtSw
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Even if you're mulling about it on a patrol/mission, the odds on missing public events consistently is non-existent.
  • at no point in the game is there the slightest hint where you get stuff from in order to progress.
    TheDJR wrote:
    Rev, you've been through both Dark Souls games, I'm surprised you're struggling with the mechanics of this. You should've been able to get a ton of shards over a few weeks from doing the things suggested here by others.

Dan, you know that the upgrade path in souls is crystal clear compared to how this runs.

• I don't hate the game, far from it. I'm actually writing about destiny finally getting me hooked on mp online. But certain things being so obtuse make me think bungie need to get a grip a bit.
  • The house of wolves should be treated with excitment . I see a lot of ' I hope they don't make my stuff irrelevant with the new expansion' talk going on.
  • It's deliberately obtuse.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Daily events.

Just do them on any day you can play?

As for public events, you've done Patrol 6 times. In comparison, I've done it 96 times. Play patrol, use the public event timer website and you'll rinse them.

You seem to have a very low rank with the various factions. How much are you grabbing bounties?
  • Also trial and error with the variety of weapons, armour and upgraded is part of Souls, the journey of discovery and self taught mastery over the environment that comes from that is intentional.

Destiny is not hiding things because of a conscious design choice, things are just not explained because of the constraints put on finishing the game for release.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Olimite wrote:
    Even if you're mulling about it on a patrol/mission, the odds on missing public events consistently is non-existent.

there is nothing regarding public events being so important to levelling up. Its trying to hide stuff to be mysterious. Its more frustrating than anything else..
    This is of course just my opinion. And im allowed to moan about my experience with the game.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    This video might help anyone struggling with levelling up.

-Getting started in Destiny

http://youtu.be/DULtxDLCtSw

Cheers dude
  • I don't hate the game, far from it. I'm actually writing about destiny finally getting me hooked on mp online. But certain things being so obtuse make me think bungie need to get a grip a bit.

Also, play MP for a bit more. Once you hit level 2 you can buy some gear off the crucible vendor. You aren't far off that now.
  • Daily events.

As for public events, you've done Patrol 6 times. In comparison, I've done it 96 times. Play patrol, use the public event timer website and you'll rinse them.

You seem to have a very low rank with the various factions. How much are you grabbing bounties?

I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to factions?
    I can't join any it seems. And there is nothing to say how.

The fact there is an external website to explains things, says a lot about the need for more guidance.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I don't hate the game, far from it. I'm actually writing about destiny finally getting me hooked on mp online. But certain things being so obtuse make me think bungie need to get a grip a bit.

Also, play MP for a bit more. Once you hit level 2 you can buy some gear off the crucible vendor. You aren't far off that now.

So that was the thing for me- I played a lot of PvP as I was playing, not knowing it doesn't really count for anything until you hit level18. I think that was really the straw that broke me the first time, but I've made my peace with it. Just a poorly communicated thing.
  • Yeah... everything before 20 really is just... waiting for you to get to 20. Madness, really.
  • Daily events.

As for public events, you've done Patrol 6 times. In comparison, I've done it 96 times.

Not being funny here, but my game time is limited to grinding over playing a game.
    I've certainly spent much more time in MP than anything else.

I get more info from you lot than the game.

• Roujin wrote:
    Also trial and error with the variety of weapons, armour and upgraded is part of Souls, the journey of discovery and self taught mastery over the environment that comes from that is intentional.

You've got to admit though that if you killed things in darksouls , you levelled up. Every single time.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Olimite wrote:

there is nothing regarding public events being so important to levelling up. Its trying to hide stuff to be mysterious. Its more frustrating than anything else..
    This is of course just my opinion. And im allowed to moan about my experience with the game.

I'm not saying you're not allowed to moan, I don't know what gave you that idea.

• I have no idea what you are talking about with regards to factions? I can't join any it seems. And there is nothing to say how. The fact there is an external website to explains things, says a lot about the need for more guidance.

Look here. Click on the factions tab. You can see this info in game by going to the particular faction. I was referring to the Vanguard and Crucible mostly.

I'm guessing you don't have The Dark Below?
  • Nah. I have the dark below.
  • Ah, ok. Have you played any of it? Reason I ask is because you've done no bounties from Eris, and don't have the gauntlets you get for finishing it.
  • There is no info on how to join a faction.
  • I've played a bit of it. I went back to the MP mostly.
  • Don't give up Rev! You're so close! Jump on with a couple of badgers and you'll be sorted in no time.  I've answered your faction question in the main destiny thread.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Thanks man. :D
  • It's all part of keeping you locked in to playing.
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!