regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Well maybe I'll just stick with PS4 for convenience!
  • Another thing with the sparrow, it can be blown to bits, but what's the point when you can just spawn another immediately? A full on Mario Kart/Pod Race game is in the code of this game, it just needs patching in I'm sure. There is room for sixteen people on the planets, carnage could ensue. Who knows? It might be coming...

You could have Supers to use while riding your Sparrow, similar to shells and stuff in MK. All upgradable just like with your Guardian. And then you could put in gambling: I'll put my exotic pulse rifle up for your legendary chest piece, I'll put in six strange coins etc...
  • Presumably, the point is to stop people like me, who drive it places you aren't really supposed to.
  • Yeah but you would lose and I'll take your shit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So what's the wish list for destiny 2 - and realistic ones?
  • I'm a bit part player, it's the gunplay that sees me dip in when I do. What's missing for me is the lore, the characterisation. When you've created the legacy that is Halo, to follow it up and not introduce a new cast seems strange. Not to say they should have box ticked their previous franchise, but in a game where characters are present, the traders, quartermasters, Vanguards, etc., I feel should have been embellished rather than being the monotonous automatons they are. Where's my BiDo Gallic robot dammit?

The VoG Raid I have enjoyed massively, but it is to the detriment of the rest of the game as I wish it and more like it were the main missions. I'd take 6-10 Raids as the mission structure over the multiple instances of go here, guard this whilst shooting that.

I can understand why many devote so much time to it, it taps into the human psychology; looting, collecting, improving, shooting, you approach a very Zen like state from running patrol missions or resource farming. I'll continue to dip but my eclectic nature precludes me from making this my main game.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • There'll never be PvP in a pve context in destiny. Goes against the ethos of the game.

At for the story, like chalice says, the structure of the game does not allow for traditional campaign story levels. Everything is designed to be played repeatedly, and little bite size chunks. And it totally works. I've probably played more destiny pve already than I have all the halos combined (and I've played a lot of halo).

Dark Below had a much better approach to story telling. There was motivation, defined characters and a sense of building towards something (ie crota). I think they'll just carry on like that.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yeah but you would lose and I'll take your shit.

I mean in the campaign.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aha! My initial question in the other thread (before being told to fuck off) was about whether there was an improvement in narrative in the DLC - JRPC, you seem to be suggesting that it is. Can you explain/develop?
  • That was answered in the other thread by myself and Face.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Ah, cheers. I will pop back in.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    From da other thread -

Yeah, the story is more coherent and fleshed out in game with The Dark Below. I suspect most of it is outside the game still though, there wouldn't have been that much time for them to address the backlash against it.

Out of interest, have you seen on the YouTubes where some guy has gone through the Grimoire and put together videos of the lore? I haven't actually read any of the Grimoire, but Rave played me a few videos and it's quite interesting, but infuriating that it's not in there. It sounds like quite a cool world they are building, not that you'd know it through the game.

As to the Grimoire stuff - I haven't seen the videos, but I have read a lot of them - yeah, you're right, it is a cool world they're building.

Part of me wonders if they actively thoight that they could get away on spectacle the first time. I am sure there is a grand narrative on a whiteboard somewhere, and for them it makes sense.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    As an aside, have you guys seen the Destiny Timers app? Seems like it should be part of the main app.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Lol at this thread.

Pro Tip for reg: if you want to discuss and critique a game which people are enjoying without being told to fuck off, don't call those people narrow minded and belittle them. Simple stuff really.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This probably isn't the thread for you, Paul.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Aha! My initial question in the other thread (before being told to fuck off) was about whether there was an improvement in narrative in the DLC - JRPC, you seem to be suggesting that it is. Can you explain/develop?

Only that there's was a clearer structure and through-line to it. Hive are trying to wake up mega-Hive-God (Crota) and invade earth. You go from learning about this, to trying to stop them doing it, to going toe-to-toe with the big man himself in the raid. There are character names that I remember (Omnigull!!), and a sense of completion at the end.

What's more, there's set up for the future. Crota (big bad here) turns out to be the son of bigger bad Orynx (or something). It brings a developing sense of how the world fits together and probable future encounters.

The main game didn't have any of this. I still have no idea what happened in it, but bungie did miss a trick by not pushing players towards VoG as the final 'mission'.

Is still pretty trivial stuff, but then a 'story' in the traditional sense would be confusing in destiny given that missions are repeatedly played out of order, dozens of times over with different goals in mind.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    This probably isn't the thread for you, Paul.

Is it full of condescension? Because I'm not a fan of that.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So, when people are doing the Crota raid, you're essentially saying it's the real "proper" end to the game?

I think you're right with VoG. Wasn't it added in a week later? I wonder if people get pushed to it now. In fact, I think some people are playing it for the first time atm . I wonder if they signpost what to do after finishing any more clearly.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    So, when people are doing the Crota raid, you're essentially saying it's the real "proper" end to the game?

I think you're right with VoG. Wasn't it added in a week later? I wonder if people get pushed to it now. In fact, I think some people are playing it for the first time atm . I wonder if they signpost what to do after finishing any more clearly.

It's the real proper end to the dlc story.

The destiny narrative will be ongoing and open ended.

• Item trading shouldn't be in, as much as I'd want it. If it was I'd have had every item in the game ages ago, it'd ruin the loot chase.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    As an aside, have you guys seen the Destiny Timers app? Seems like it should be part of the main app.

Most people use this website rather than the app, but yeah, it should probably have been part of the Destiny App. I also think events should be guaranteed.
  • Tell you what I want - no changing weapons in game. You go in with what you choose at the beginning.

Would make roles better defined and force you to think your fireteam through a bit more.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Tell you what I want - no changing weapons in game. You go in with what you choose at the beginning.

You already do that.

• It's more that I've really only got 2 weapons.
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Item trading shouldn't be in, as much as I'd want it. If it was I'd have had every item in the game ages ago, it'd ruin the loot chase.

That's partly a content issue. There should at the least have been an auction house.
  • Up until right at the end, there was going be an option to lock your character stats in place for a boost.

I would've liked that too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Tell you what I want - no changing weapons in game. You go in with what you choose at the beginning.

Would make roles better defined and force you to think your fireteam through a bit more.

So kind of a more "Borderlands" class system? I think that when you hit that level (15 I think) and the way your character can be then modified hurt the game a little. More strictly defined classes would be good. Perhaps would encourage that fire team thinking stuff.
  • That classes are already well defined but maybe not in a traditional sense, I can give benefits for each in both raids.
  • Grimoires you say? I know a message keeps popping up to tell me about them. Where do I use/read them cos I can't find them anywhere in the menus? Is it kinda like getting lore and story from item descriptions in Souls games?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here's the question - when destiny 2 drops, they're likely going to go a WoW route, right? Making it so that anyone under, say level 35 by then, can get going and not feel disadvantaged.
    How do you do that, considering the intricate way the levelling up system post-20 works?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!