Destiny Is Problematic - Let's Make It Better
  • Billy wrote:
    Raid mechanics in pvp!

I'm not really interested in that. If they are doing anything with PvP the first thing to do would be objective. I'm amazed we don't have capture the flag.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gonz - I love you, but I'm with Billy on this one - want it to be civil and constructive in here.
  • Flag is old hat, nice to have it and a strange omission but pve now has other new crazy mechanics they could use for pvp objective.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Billy wrote:
    Raid mechanics in pvp!

I'm not really interested in that. If they are doing anything with PvP the first thing to do would be objective. I'm amazed we don't have capture the flag.

I'm still into the idea of arenas in the main game - I always kind of thought that was where this game was going. I like the idea of sitting down and watching a bunch of guardians duke it out, then doing my dance when a winner is crowned.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Billy wrote:
    Raid mechanics in pvp!
    I'm still into the idea of arenas in the main game - I always kind of thought that was where this game was going. I like the idea of sitting down and watching a bunch of guardians duke it out, then doing my dance when a winner is crowned.

There is the smallest smidgen of that in Destiny at the moment.  The first part of the vault of glass is in a public area on Venus, if you're doing patrol you can quickly reach it by bike.  Every now and then a team will appear and battle to open the vault and as airs in a public area you can watch it all happen or even get involved and assist.  It's awesome and sadly something they didn't repeat with the Crota raid.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hire the African screen writer's guild.

• Im not entirely sure what the point of this thread is, anyhooo Destiny foreverrrrrrr!!!!

Even though I dont play it anymore. 

BDF.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    I support Reg's thread, the original, not the watered down second draft. Death to all destiny fanboys

Well done for reading and responding to my reply to you and showing us that you are actually a reasonable person after all.
  • PvP mode with Sword of Crota / Relic would be fantastic. It's really odd they haven't put something like that in.

The good thing with Destiny is that it 100% has legs. It's going to evolve and change into something different because a) Activision will want to keep people paying and playing and b) Bungie have a great track record with updating playlists etc.

It's not like Titanfall, which despite whatever quality it has has largely been forgotten about already and has been massively discounted time and time again to try and retain some kind of playerbase. This has hooks, even if some are MMO-style tricks, and will maintain for a long time.

Besides... robot space wizards from the moon. THAT'S DESTINY.
  • Billy wrote:
    Flag is old hat, nice to have it and a strange omission but pve now has other new crazy mechanics they could use for pvp objective.

Older hat than shooting people in the face?

I'm bemused about the lack of both Capture theFlag and King of the Hill. The second one especially seems to lend itself to Destiny. I wonder if CtF has to wait for this stripped down multiplayer mode to hit first, whenever that ends up being.
  • I didn't say they shouldn't have it Dante, nor did I say it's older (or newer?) than shooting people in the face.  Not sure what your point is.  I agreed it seems a strange ommision and I'd play it, but I'm more excited about what they could do with their new mechanics.  Doesn't mean they can't have old game modes too bro.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dante - I'm on PS4, but as im looking for a friendly group to play with, and I know elm and wookie are hard at it on Bono, I'm swithering about getting it on that, and just starting again.

Both platforms have strong groups of badgers, go at it dude, it's a fair investment to get to the level 26-30 content but you'll undoubtedly see why loads of us still love it :)
  • Billy wrote:
    I didn't say they shouldn't have it Dante, nor did I say it's older (or newer?) than shooting people in the face.  Not sure what your point is.  I agreed it seems a strange ommision and I'd play it, but I'm more excited about what they could do with their new mechanics.  Doesn't mean they can't have old game modes too bro.

I guess I wasn't sure what yours was calling flag old hat either.
  • Just that there are more innovative things they could do with pvp. Be nice if they did both though eh, a classic playlist with deathwatch, control, flag, Bomb and hill. Then some mad new shit playlist with portals, relics, oracles and confluxes.
  • There are, although I'm not sure I'm overly bothered by them, and I mainly want to play established objective gametypes with the Destiny format. I mean, there isn't a single pure objective mode in there. I like control, but I want a gametype where kills do not score in any way.
  • How is this videogame interesting enough to generate two threads.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Because I had a strop and a flounce and made one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Billy wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Dante - I'm on PS4, but as im looking for a friendly group to play with, and I know elm and wookie are hard at it on Bono, I'm swithering about getting it on that, and just starting again.

Both platforms have strong groups of badgers, go at it dude, it's a fair investment to get to the level 26-30 content but you'll undoubtedly see why loads of us still love it :)

Is there a guide anywhere for just pegging it through levels to get up to 26ish? I wouldn't mind a shot of a raid tbh.
  • Most official type guides like prima are well out of date already. Best thing is to pop on with a couple of badgers and smash through story missions and set each one to hard for the extra xp. setting them to hard right away is a little tough, so as soon as you can get bounties from the bounty hunter in the tower grab all the pve ones and hammer through those to level up a little. Then continue the story at your higher level allowing you to set all missions to hard. 

Don't spend any currency on upgrading any weapons or armor at all until purple ones start to drop at 20.  The rest of it comes quickly, just ask in the main destiny thread, no question is too daft, the game does a terrible job of explaining things sometimes.
  • Levelling up and levelling up alone makes me play something else.
    Also have no instructions as how to go about it is a bit of a joke.
    shards, coins, motes, byllshit.
    Have one system and stick to it please. everything you earn should count for something rather than this selective nonsense they want to run with.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Apart from pvp, im pretty much finished with it because the pve is frankly boring and uninspired. Especially if you are locked out of so much because of the afore mentioned levelling pish.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Where are you at with your levelling?
  • And this making me have to play on certain days to get stuff? Fuck off. Its not bungies decision as to when I should be playing.
  • 25 for the last 3 weeks. I need shards and nowhere to get them from.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Have you run VoG yet? You're high enough to be useful to a group in the early parts, you'll need carrying through the later ones, but a half decent team will be able to do that and you should get a good few shards for your troubles.
  • And this making me have to play on certain days to get stuff? Fuck off. Its not bungies decision as to when I should be playing.
    ?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is a concern for me - I can't play on certain nights due to life commitments etc. what are the restrictions with days per week etc
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Or is revel not talking truth
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You get two weekly strikes which reset every Tuesday, then daily story missions. The dailies are one of the best options for getting Ascendent materials, along with public events and VoG, but you don't have to play them, you just miss out on the chance to get Ascendents from them on that day.
  • Xur only appears at weekends, I suppose.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!