Top Ten 16 Bit (that isn't Mario or Sonic) ((Or anything from the good old days Pre N64/PS1))
  • Cybernator and Unirally were 12 & 13 on my SNES list, but I stopped typing at 11. That might sound like a lie, but it's actually true, and I have the email draft on my phone to prove it.
  • unirally was mentioned but it was a bit samey after a while. My mate has a couple of current world records
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    In Unirally?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Urinally. A game about urinals. It was piss poor.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The back of the box trumpeted its REALISTIC COCK GRAPHIX 20MEG CART
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    In Unirally?

yes
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Not 16bit, but seeing as we are posting pics of controllers... some games the PS1 used this weird thing which i've got 3 of just for playing Wipeout 2097 - Namco_neGcon_controller_-_Twisted.jpg You steer using the analogue twist, it's absolutely fantastic. Allowed people to get times like this -

Not quite in the remit of this thread, but that's an awesome post. :]

Never did get a chance to try that thing.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That Wipeout run looks great. Those face buttons have a long throw in them - not sure if they are analogue... Must get them out and give it a try.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Does it only have one set of shoulder buttons?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Only onw shoulder is analogue but x and square are analogue. It was a great pad. I had two.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wasn't Unirally an early Rockstar game?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Didn't know that, but Wikipedia says yes (as DMA Design). Also did not know Lemmings was them.
  • mk64 wrote:
    Chief wrote:
    FIFA International Soccer was aces, back in the day.
    ISS broke that mould though. I mentioned World Cup Striker which for me edged it as it was so much more fast paced.
    4 player mode in World Cup Striker made you individually select which players each player would control during the game before every single match. Took ages to set up.

Also, the original Striker's indoor 5-a-side mode is one of the most (unintentionally) funny games ever (along with Super Fire Pro Wrestling). It was nothing like football, but it was immensely entertaining. Random fact: if both players hold down the head button when the ball is in the air, player 2 always wins the header.
  • Striker was superb, was definitely my favourite Footy game until FIFA.

In retrospect its better than FIFA but them isometric graphics!

Also loved me some Super Soccer in the early SNES days, the one I always wanted to play but never did was Kick Off 3.

I think its bloody dpressing that only FIFA and PES exist now, we had so much choice back in the day.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Just remembered I sank many a happy hour into the following random but awesome titles that don't seem to have been mentioned here, on mah trusty amiga 500+. They also came out on other platforms as well though.

Rainbow Islands
    Rainbow Islands 2: Parasol Stars (or whichever way round they had it)
    Rodland
    Pang
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yes the 5 a side mode was epic. We worked out a guarantees goal (one of many) which was off the wall just before the half way line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!