Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Nope.
    Some places are saying Amazon but TechRadar are saying nowhere after previously saying Amazon and correcting it.
  • Well Mortal Kombat is very much a Mortal Kombat film.
    If the idea of such excites you then you will probably enjoy it. There isnt much there for non fans though I dont think.

As a warning, if the fatalities in the newer games turn your stomach this movie is best avoided.

I enjoyed it for what it is just don't go expecting too much from it.
  • Is it better or worse than the web thing from 10 years ago?
  • Legacy?
    I've not watched that but its higher budget. Although there is some odd cg jank in there, mostly poor lighting matching on actors and backgrounds. There is some really nice cg as well which makes it especially odd.
  • I really enjoyed it.

My wife thought it was a total pile of nonsense
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I enjoyed it but she isn't wrong either.

Edit: new one or Legacy
  • New one
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • We put on a Johnny English film for the boy and it was unexpectedly ace.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yea I quite enjoyed them in a relaxed Sunday afternoon kinda Vibe
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    One of only two movies I've ever walked out of.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sorry to contradict chaps, have to say I can’t remember a more unfunny film and that’s from Dominique too. Made it past half way out of respect to Rowan Atkinson, but it was truly awful.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I thought it was great in a Pink Panther kinda way.
  • Better than the Mr Bean films
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just watched Palm Springs on Prime. As much as the synopsis would lead you to believe that it’s just a Groundhog Day ripoff, it does very much do its own thing with the premise and is genuinely pretty funny. Worth a watch.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yup it’s very good. Gone into my rewatch list immediately.
  • I enjoyed Mortal Kombat, but it was shit. I'd watch the sequel
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Stowaway - man acclimatises rather too quickly to being accidentally trapped on board spacecraft, only to find he's a goner anyway because they can't grow enough algae to scrub the CO2 from the vessel. Too long and very very boring, but it was my kind of film!

ab4.gif
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Stowaway - man acclimatises rather too quickly to being accidentally trapped on board spacecraft, only to find he's a goner anyway because they can't grow enough algae to scrub the CO2 from the vessel. Too long and very very boring, but it was my kind of film! ab4.gif

Just watched this. I can't fully recommend it but it was a good watch. Plot spoilers:
    Spoiler:
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Just watched Palm Springs on Prime. As much as the synopsis would lead you to believe that it’s just a Groundhog Day ripoff, it does very much do its own thing with the premise and is genuinely pretty funny. Worth a watch.

Yeah i enjoyed it too.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Stowaway - man acclimatises rather too quickly to being accidentally trapped on board spacecraft, only to find he's a goner anyway because they can't grow enough algae to scrub the CO2 from the vessel. Too long and very very boring, but it was my kind of film! ab4.gif

Just watched this. I can't fully recommend it but it was a good watch. Plot spoilers:
    Spoiler:

Yup. Horizon ground control were very quick to say fuck it.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Road to the Oscars

Who fucking cares this year Nomadland I guess.

Ingest this
  • I’m cautiousness hyped for Stowaway because of Anna Kendrick playing against type and for no other reasons.
  • The Oscars are bullshit. Johnny English is the bestest film.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I’m cautiousness hyped for Stowaway because of Anna Kendrick playing against type and for no other reasons.

I thought it was very bland and often stupid.  The very premise itself is stupid.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What absolute glorious chaotic nonsense Godzilla vs Kong is. Pretty much everything I expected. What a time modern movie fans have when sights like this can be chucked up on the screen seemingly without limit.

I think I prefer Kong Skull Island out of the 4 in this series but I love 'em all. :)

Just a pity there wasn't a giant screen to see it on. I'd probably go to a screening of any of the 4 if the chance ever arises.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Ingest this

My favourite thing about the Razzies was when Sandra Bullock actually turned up and gave an acceptance speech for hers. Then casually mentioned that because most people probably voted for her without actually watching the movie she had parked a van outside stacked full of DVDs and was giving copies to everyone.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I doubt anyone considers the oscars as the definitive guide to quality any more.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Apparently the advertising revenue from this year’s Oscars is record-breaking. Turns out that if you provide a way for people to watch a thing they will, shockingly, watch that thing. Who could have predicted?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pleased to see Kaluuya pick up an Oscar. Tealeaf has gone far.
  • Im not finished Stowaway yet but I have to say I thought they did the launch pretty well. I got a real feeling of claustrophobia watching it. Same with them on the larger ship, felt so damn tight in there.  Uuugh.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!