GOTY 2013 - Last is First
  • Not late at all. Mine will be changing at least twice more.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • State of Decay is such a good game. I can't believe it took me so long to buy it.

Also hard to believe its an arcade game.
  • I just had to log into Google Drive for something, so here's the results of the earlier poll poll, since I'm procrastinating and this is so little effort.

AqCbnLT.png

I'm sure you'll agree that the most deserving candidate won.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm joining optimark and putting Sturmwind down. As I live in the past it is probably the only game I have played this year that was released this year. Looking past the graphics, it's level design and accessibility are quite brilliant and subsequently make it my GOTY.

fixed....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I'm joining Moot and putting Sturmwind down. As I live in the past it is probably the only game I have played this year that was released this year. Looking past the graphics, it's level design and accessibility are quite brilliant and subsequently make it my GOTY.

Ahem ;)

360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    oops....fixed.
  • I was only messing :)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Not the first time i've quoted you and mistook it for moot....odd that.

Have you given WInd and Water Battle a blast yet? I thinks it's a gorgeous game but I find it brutally hard.
  • davyK wrote:

Have you given WInd and Water Battle a blast yet? I thinks it's a gorgeous game but I find it brutally hard.

Not yet, no. I've too many games on the go already.
  • State of Decay is such a good game. I can't believe it took me so long to buy it. Also hard to believe its an arcade game.
    Aye, absolute cracker. Just a shame it isn't getting the co-op it should have had.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I enjoyed 2, Brotherhood probably the most. That music specially! Revelations started boring and I haven't gone back to it. Haven't even started 3, but 4 had a promising start.  @cindemon: good list; except for GTA being in there. :) I'll add on Monday, spreadsheet is at work.  I'm quite into Tearaway now, it's shaping up to be my number 2 ahead of Mario!

Woah... Far out!

I've not had the benefit of playing both... Why Tearaway over Mazza?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • davyK wrote:

From what I've gathered we seem to be the resident Segaboys (along with Yoss?), so it's not that odd.
  • @Dyno: it's probably the big stages and multiple things to find and look out for, as well as the charm and uniqueness of the visuals and characters. Platforming isn't the trickiest but it isn't devoid of inventiveness either. I'm just over halfway through and did a fantastic stage called Between The Pages.

Mario? It's just Mario. You get precisely what it says on the tin, which is a great platformer. Tearaway feel like much more. And it's use of the Vita's features is just brilliant. Seeing my face in the Sun and taking stupid mug shots that appear around stages in the game is just priceless!
  • Oh. And Tearaway feels like an adventure, like there is a purpose, and there is a world to explore. That's important. Mario is 'just' a bunch of unconnected platforming levels, albeit (towards the end) some amazing platforming levels. No story, no world, no nothing. Which it doesn't need, until another game shows up and says "hey, I can have platforming as well as these other stuff you don't have".
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    From what I've gathered we seem to be the resident Segaboys (along with Yoss?), so it's not that odd.

Dreamcast 4 lyf.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Elf

Again, deep...

I like Tearaway alot, it's definitely inventive, and if by now, you've reached those final levels, then you're probably now looking at some indescribably clever stuff.

The only one problem I have with the game, is that I think it lacks intensity...
    Much like how I think that LBP lacks intensity (hence my nebulous complaints in the Vita thread). But Tearaway is so beautifully crafted, that I tend to forget the conspicuous lulls in the game's pacing, when the fresh shit eventually comes up on screen.

Also, as much as I appreciate the arts and craft, make your decorations shit, I sometimes felt put out by it... Like 'leave it out, I just want to play the fucking level!'. I got that feeling more than once.

Yes it's for kids, but then, are those final levels really going to be appreciated (or even completed...) but those who relish making a 5 layer mustache for the fucking squirrel king?

If Persona was admissible, I'd have pushed this game into second on my list.

As for the list, and the final score compliation...

Don't yall' just wish we made a poll, eh?

Fucking badgers. ~.~
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • A poll listing how many games and which ones?!
  • The only new release game I bought this year was gtav. So by default that's my goty. Unless fez came out this year.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • But actually really like it?
  • If I went by default voting I'd have mostly games I didn't like much on the list. Anyway, I like Saints Row IV, and it's been very underrated so far, so I'll have that. GTA, Bioshock and Revengeance are all not good enough and that's all I've played from last year. Give SR IV my points, Mr. Elf.
  • Cool. Will do. That it then? Nothing else? I'll add up a few votes tomorrow.
  • Not that my votes are going to affect the outcome at all, but currently I've got:

1. SteamWorld Dig
    2. Little Inferno
    3. Device 6
    4. Animal Crossing
  • Another person with Device 6 on their lists? I may have to relent.
  • Yup. I'm even weighing up putting it in second.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Little Inferno first came out in 2012.
  • It did? Well, there we go, Device 6 is second and I'm down to only managing a top three again.
  • AJ wrote:
    Not that my votes are going to affect the outcome at all, but currently I've got:

1. SteamWorld Dig
    2. Little Inferno
    3. Device 6
    4. Animal Crossing

You've already voted dude, and I have it down as:

1. Device 6
    2. AC: NL
    3. Papers, Please

Shall I put you down as:

1. Steamworld Dig
    2. Device 6
    3. AC: NL
    4. Papers, Please

??
  • WorKid wrote:
    Another person with Device 6 on their lists? I may have to relent.

Erm, nope. It was AJ from before!
  • The only new release game I bought this year was gtav. So by default that's my goty. Unless fez came out this year.

Currently not counting this as it seems that you're voting for GTAV only because you bought it (??).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!