Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Eurogamer are spot on about the colours.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Not on tonight I'm afraid, a mate has just rang asking if I fancy a few pints with him before he fucks off to Mexico for a few weeks...
  • Billy No Mates Single Player
    Guessing I am around 70% through. A really uninspired start that picks up mid way through. 

Some nice touches here and there. Some dont work at all: the minority report screen swiping - some are entertaining: slow motion shoot and switch section although the majority remain uninspired: The spider is a pointless nothing segment.

The strike missions (or whatever they are called) are probably the most entertaining part of the game. Each map an open area where, depending on the level, you are attacking or defending 3 different points of interest under a time limit. Its the only tactical part of the game, you get to switch between your squad and AI artillery at any time. And you do actually need to put more than a little effort into working with your squad to success. Go at it on your own and you arent going to win. If you die in the level you'll immediately spawn as another squad member who is within the map.
    Failing (you have limited attempts at these levels) or succeeding is permanent and effects the story.

Seemingly more jarring in this iteration is when control is taken from you to show a 1st person scripted sequence, they are long and rarely involve any input from the user. Surely this is a series that wouldnt be shattering any immersion by switching to a classic 3rd person cinematic during these scenes?

The story is pure throwaway stuff. I have no idea whats really going on. It lost me during the opening cut scene. Dull and uninspired 'one Soldier has a personal history with the new evil war man' nonsense.

Overall it's good. But nothing memorable. Probably the first CoD I wont be replaying.

7 Michael Bays outta 10.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I never made it through the last Black Ops campaign, this one seems much better (so far).
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Urgh, I hated that stupid RTS section. I'd say that it's near impossible on Veteran, I only did the convoy one and ran out of guys for the others.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Treyarch can't do a decent Veteran run. W@W was a joke.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Urgh, I hated that stupid RTS section. I'd say that it's near impossible on Veteran, I only did the convoy one and ran out of guys for the others.

Im going through on Hardened and it took me 4 goes to complete it, then after that I completed the others without a great deal of problems.
  • I have absolutely no interest in zombies ordinarily yet someone told me this plays much better. Has anyone given it a whirl?
  • I never made it through the last Black Ops campaign, this one seems much better (so far).

Black Ops was absolutely awful IMO. This is just disjointed nonsense.
  • Went with a rental as usual to see the campaign. Anyone who actually drops full price on COD day one should be forced to give that money to a local homeless person. Not in a bumfights way either, which I'm sure some fans would be inclined towards.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • You know it.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I gave the homeless guy my Big Mac. Is that good enough?

Also has anyone else finished it yet? Apparently you can go back to any point in the game to try for a different scenario in that section and it then wipes the save so you play the rest of the game with the updated choices.

I'll try and post my endgame choices to see what you guys came up with.
    Spoiler:
  • I never that I'd hear (?) myself type this, but I've bought Blops II. Managed to get the Tesco deal to work so have the game and 2900 MS points coming on Monday for £43. I demand to play this in a squad though, cannot be facked with randoms so hopefully they'll be a few PTFO vets sticking with, Frantic, Perm, Subba, etc.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have a word with myself.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh way to go Webbins, out me why don't you.

My names Frantic, and I bought Blops 2. For shame.

I only paid 10 actual pounds though after a combination of vouchers and the points will buy walking dead.

Still. The shame.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Good stuff!

I'm actually jumping on now for a few hours if anyone fancies a go.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    If you didn't already know the Dragonfire is proper glitched. I couldn't deploy anywhere on Hijacked and then had trouble again on the train station one.

It did work in the second round of the domination and it is freaking awesome.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    I'm getting old. Been kicked off the box (and Halo 4) as the lads round for the weekend and he's playing this tonight online for first time since he got it.

Never watched him play COD till tonight and he just tore everyone a new asshole, virtually doubling the kill tally of everyone on both teams. Sheesh.

Must admit I tempted to try it at some point, always thought COD was camp city and whilst some players seemed to be trying that, the boy was moving round at flipping lightspeed taking them all out. If thats the pace it is or can be played at I may actually like it.
  • SP is getting better and better and stupider and stupider. Really enjoying it.
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, just played the first few missions and I really like it. I tend to like COD SP anyway, but this is shaping up to be pretty great. Sure it's still a shooting gallery, but it's very entertaining.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm getting old. Been kicked off the box (and Halo 4) as the lads round for the weekend and he's playing this tonight online for first time since he got it. Never watched him play COD till tonight and he just tore everyone a new asshole, virtually doubling the kill tally of everyone on both teams. Sheesh. Must admit I tempted to try it at some point, always thought COD was camp city and whilst some players seemed to be trying that, the boy was moving round at flipping lightspeed taking them all out. If thats the pace it is or can be played at I may actually like it.
    Yeah, this one is running around like a mong for most of the time. It's actually rare that I get killed by a sniper.
    Just got a 5 more levels until I can get the new M4.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    I'm getting old. Been kicked off the box (and Halo 4) as the lads round for the weekend and he's playing this tonight online for first time since he got it. Never watched him play COD till tonight and he just tore everyone a new asshole, virtually doubling the kill tally of everyone on both teams. Sheesh. Must admit I tempted to try it at some point, always thought COD was camp city and whilst some players seemed to be trying that, the boy was moving round at flipping lightspeed taking them all out. If thats the pace it is or can be played at I may actually like it.
    Yeah, this one is running around like a mong for most of the time. It's actually rare that I get killed by a sniper. Just got a 5 more levels until I can get the new M4.

Ah kk, shows what I know of COD then.

Lad makes me laugh, he sits there playing whilst eating and whilst using the PC to chat on Facebook.  I couldn't play like that.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Not sure if it was luck, but I had several TDM games last night and there didn't seem to be anywhere near as many silly streak things going on as in the last few COD games. I actually.....enjoyed it?

It can't be possible.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    This has also been my experience. More so in hardcore modes, all you seem to be there is the odd uav.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll defo try some hardcore. I always liked TDM on MW1 though, there was a nice flow to the way the two teams moved around the map- you generally know where the front line is as it constantly changes. This is the first COD game since MW1 that I feel the flow is back to how it was. 

Also, that train station map is great.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, that's a cracker. I also actually really like the boat one, Hijacked. It's gotten me back to my shotgun roots.

Remington, you so best.
  • There's even less shit in the air in FFA, too. I'm keeping this for further investigation.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    Yeah, that's a cracker. I also actually really like the boat one, Hijacked. It's gotten me back to my shotgun roots. Remington, you so best.

It's fun for the odd chaotic game, like shipment. 

Thinking of the maps I played, they've all been pretty great so far. Very few camping spots, and when you feel you have found good positions you realise there's 2 other exits. The one on the hotel roof is pretty cool as well.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Not sure if it was luck, but I had several TDM games last night and there didn't seem to be anywhere near as many silly streak things going on as in the last few COD games. I actually.....enjoyed it? It can't be possible.

I've found that it takes far less shots to kill (or be killed) which is having an impact on getting enough points to reach the upper streak rewards. At present I'm using UAV, Care Package and some sort of airstrike until I know the maps, settle on the right gun and start to get longer killstreaks. Winds me up when you play with randoms and no-on else has UAV as a reward.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm sure it takes more than 3 kills for the first streak item ad well. That's how it felt last night. Sure it was 4.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Wait, Shipment is on this MP?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!