Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    played more of this and finding that I am indeed liking the fray......the loadouts possible with the Pick 10 system have brought out the tweaker in me and I have found my home with the sprinting perks and laser sights. My scores have amazingly come up and I even won a couple of mathces yesterday. The maps, now that I have had a proper go, are VERY mixed, with Raid, Express and Plaza being standouts for me. Hijacked - the one on the boat - is just bloody awful and only seems to exist - like Nuketown - as a xp delivery system.
    rest less
  • Despite being a DOUBLE XP weekend I only managed a few more hours on this last night. – Really enjoying it. – I had several quality tactical moments (I’m talkin’ montage material!!) and feel that I’m generally becoming less and less like a lamb to the slaughter. 
    Particularly enjoying the Train Terminal map (does a train pass through this level intermittently?.. I thought it did but I’ve not seen it yet..) and the Aftermath map is pretty nice too..

I haven’t poked with the weapon customisations yet – spawning as a Mercenary class for now.

Finally got my Elite registration setup too (I had one from a previous COD game that I had no recollection of).
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sorry I didn't join, was plodding on with a bit of campaign while my tea was in the oven. 

Yeh, the train goes through every now and then. Haven't been caught out by it yet but I think the barriers raise or something to warn you.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Sorry I didn't join, was plodding on with a bit of campaign while my tea was in the oven.  Yeh, the train goes through every now and then. Haven't been caught out by it yet but I think the barriers raise or something to warn you.
    There is a siren and yes the barriers drop...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I've seen a bloke he splattered by a train, there is warning by way of the big concrete barriers coming down but he missed it.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    talking of montage moments - I was rather delighted when I used the less-than-satisfactory RCXD to blow the shit out of 5 enemies at the same time. hee heeee this game has some wonderful moments.
    rest less
  • Picked this up via the magic of trading stuff in. It's actually OK, although I'm pretty bad at it. Doesn't seem to be too much nonsense going on, the odd dubious death aside.

First impression is that it's odd is how different from COD4 it is, I know that it's a different team and a futuristic setting, but the constant movement on those spiralling mazy maps seems much closer to arena than tactical. There doesn't seem to be any locking an area down or prolonged gunfights. It's all run and gun, all the time.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hooray!

To me TDM feels just like COD4. But yeh, the maps are built around movement. I think it works really well though. Hardly seen anyone get ludicrous streak awards, probably because if you stay in one place you get flanked quickly. 

There's a distinct lack of snipers, which is nice.

Stick at it Iain, I was terrible at first but I hadn't played COD MP for a while so I'm slowly getting better. Looking at the COD elite app and all the graph nonsense shows a visible improvement over the weekend. 

Webbo is getting it too, so we can see how Team Awesome fares. We'll have to get some forum games going, there's a fair few on my friend list with it.
  • Team Awesome, after being dishonourably discharged from Battlefield 3, have officially become mercs for hire, bagsy Richard Burton.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm finding headquarters works well on these maps. Never really played that much before. Can't wait to try with a few people talking, laying mines and shock grenades. Places are hard to lock down and defend, which means less people lying in their belly aiming at the only door in.
  • I'm finding that Hardpoint is my favourite game mode at present. Limits the campers considerably. Tried Hardcore Team Deathmatch and there are a few map that really lend themselves to people sitting in corners all games. Truly awful when that happens.
  • Ohh I like how the theater mode allows you to playback a match OR auto
    matically find your best bits (kills!) and then automatically rates them for your editing / inclusion etc.

Pwning n00bs and crushing boosters hasn't been this fun!

I need a day to myself to play this and to mess with the custom loadouts etc
  • Excuse the typos..posting from phone!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm in love with headquarters on this. Fast and frantic, with a bit of stalking and stealth. Great fun. I love shooting people that are dancing about upon stumbling across my shock grenades.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Christ that RTS bit is garbage. Playing on hardened and I've given up on it. I swear it's impossible.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I had much the same experience. I easily did the convoy one but the others were just not fun whatsoever and it's purely down to totally bullshit AI. Guys not moving and generally being shit was the order of the day.

On the map where you have to take down two AA guns and then do something to a big truck[?] in the centre saw my entire team get spawn trapped for about 5 minutes after the first bunch of guys refused to shoot anyone. Reinforcements then just roped in and got immediately shot. I almost did it on my tod but I couldn't defend the centre objective long enough after dropping the thing.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Can you just ignore them? And it kept saying I had three teams- do I get more? It doesn't even explain that. 

Was enjoying the SP until this crap.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I believe they can affect the storyline to an extent. I don't want to look too hard about exactly how much until I've had a bash on Easy.

Yeah, I think you gain teams, possibly by completing a campaign mission but that will mean there's less time to complete the SF missions because after a set number of campaign missions, the SF ones will become unavailable.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ill just do them on easy.
  • Just turn your console off if you want to cheat the game into neverending lives.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It certainly has something about it. Some guy got a huge minigun as a streak award last night. I thought it'd be totally OP, but it was just hilarious as he plodded along mowing people down. Thing is, it totally slows you down so I just snuck down an alley and popped him before he could respond. 

Had a great moment on Express when I brought in a UAV, realised most of the enemy team was moving towards the rails from the central ticket booth bit. Plopped myself down in the carriage, threw two shock grenades and laughed like a maniac as I mowed then down while they were electrocuted.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, the death machine isn't as bad as I expected. As with most of this game it helps if you've got the drop on the man wielding it.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've just started a foray into the League stuff. I'm in Silver Div, Frost 34 and I'm 40th. Go me.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I tried to do the league thing last night but it wouldn't find a game.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've found it's more folk who do objectives, which is nice. I've only done moshpit so far but trying Campions now. It's 4v4 mixed objectives, no tac inserts or care packages.

First game in the champions league turned out to be a 3v2 SnD with my and the random nailing it 4 bombs to 1. I'd say it'd be damn fun with a full 4 players. Anyone fancy a session tomorrow?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    I've found it's more folk who do objectives, which is nice. I've only done moshpit so far but trying Campions now. It's 4v4 mixed objectives, no tac inserts or care packages. First game in the champions league turned out to be a 3v2 SnD with my and the random nailing it 4 bombs to 1. I'd say it'd be damn fun with a full 4 players. Anyone fancy a session tomorrow?
    What, what, what?

I'll be in if you want to get a full 4, I was told by somebody that there wasn't a 4v4 in this, the fucking liars!
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Ground War Domination. Fucking chaotic arena fun. Loving it.
    rest less
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    I've found it's more folk who do objectives, which is nice. I've only done moshpit so far but trying Campions now. It's 4v4 mixed objectives, no tac inserts or care packages. First game in the champions league turned out to be a 3v2 SnD with my and the random nailing it 4 bombs to 1. I'd say it'd be damn fun with a full 4 players. Anyone fancy a session tomorrow?
    What, what, what? I'll be in if you want to get a full 4, I was told by somebody that there wasn't a 4v4 in this, the fucking liars!
    There's a league play matchup where you play 5 games which then decides which ladder to put you in.

There's two options, moshpit and champion. Moshpit is 6v6 TDM and objective modes, any scorestreaks. Champion is 4v4, only objective modes, tac insert and care package aren't allowed.

I'm in Silver division, Frost Three Four and I'm about 34th. It's interesting 'cause even when you're not playing other people are rising above you. It hopefully sets the stage for more objective orientated gameplay as people will actually want to win due to not advancing up the ladder with just a high k/d ratio. You can kill 50 people but if you lose, you drop.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I really think you should give this another go, Moto. It's really good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!