Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Oh wow that Champions playlist sounds amazing. Almost good enough to make me get the game.

@Nexx how you finding this so far?
    GT: Knight640
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    I really think you should give this another go, Moto. It's really good.
    There's never anybody on when I look, I have plenty of games that I can play on my tod that are head and shoulders above this game but I would like to play with a group of other people. I think that is why I look back on the other CoD's with such fondness, we had a cracking group of folks...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    A bit more info on League Play.

The divisions are Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Master and Pro. Not sure about the Frost 34 yet.
    Game types are CTF, SnD, Domination and Hardpoint.

I don't expect to get above Gold and probably only just into Gold. Teams will be more obvious there and I think I'm just playing with ransoms at the moment.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Hopefully you only ever play against randoms if you're a random. You shouldn't be playing to4 or to3 (unless the other 3 players on your team are also a to3) when you're on your own or in a 2. @Subbax does it give you a new rank for every combination of people you play with do you know? (so if you, Nexx, Moto and I were a team would you have a different rank to if you, Nexx, Moto and Mod were a team)
    GT: Knight640
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think at best @Knight I'd make sure we never got above Bronze!!!
  • I’ve only played a few hours and have had mixed impressions. Most of the time it’s really fun but then you end up in a game where everyone is running around with a shotgun and instagibbing you at close range. I haven’t played enough to figure out if the shitty games are a result of poor team mates or poor gameplay mechanics encouraging cheap tactics. On the plus side most of the maps seem better than the previous couple of CoDs but theres still a few duds in there.

Really need to play with some of you guys so I can see if actual team work makes a difference.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    Hopefully you only ever play against randoms if you're a random. You shouldn't be playing to4 or to3 (unless the other 3 players on your team are also a to3) when you're on your own or in a 2. @Subbax does it give you a new rank for every combination of people you play with do you know? (so if you, Nexx, Moto and I were a team would you have a different rank to if you, Nexx, Moto and Mod were a team)
    I couldn't say about ranks regarding teams. I've only tried solo so far. There are no lobbies as such, day game is a new group of people, I'm assuming closer to your new rank.

Group wise I don't know how it works. Surely to get an accurate group rank you'd need the same group, as you said, Knight.

I'll be playing more league tomorrow so if anyone wants to join and test this out, hit me up.
  • They better not pull that shit tomorrow when my chops arrive, I will go full Samson and murder the delivery guy with a chop bone.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Then, consume the evidence!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Subbax wrote:
    A bit more info on League Play. The divisions are Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Master and Pro. Not sure about the Frost 34 yet. Game types are CTF, SnD, Domination and Hardpoint. I don't expect to get above Gold and probably only just into Gold. Teams will be more obvious there and I think I'm just playing with ransoms at the moment.
    I dunno, I got into gold and then went to platinum rank 72 for just winning two games.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Blimey. I've played about 6 games so far and not jumped up that high. I did lose almost all of my placement games though.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Who's on today? I find myself with a day off (though this may only end up being half a day) today.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I will be once I've gotten out of bed and had some muesli.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm on now.

Just to sweeten the league pot, eveything is unlocked for you to use from the get go.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I want in on this league thing. But I'm in work. Sad face.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    After worrying that I was awesome shit, I've jumped up to Gold, Blue Five One, Rank 10.

Go me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    How long are you on for?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Until about 1500.
  • Still waiting for Tesco to sort themselves out and get this delivered.  Ordered Friday, in stock, dispatch next working day, still waiting.  It's been sat on 'Ready for dispatch' for 24 hours, even given the weekend it should have gone by now, twats.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @Subba: Do you wanna hold my hand if I jump on?
  • Man, daytime gaming? Bliss.  Work and kids means I don’t get online until much later… That said Mrs Rayman is out this Fri so I’m lookin’ fwd to a decent run.

Can anyone recommend any good weapons guides? – I’m just using the usual Merc class M27… It seems good but I'm conscious that I should be tweaking it etc..

R
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    That's a great starting class. The rifle I'm using is the second one, Type 25, good damage. The first smg seems the best for me.

I'm still sort of experimenting but it seems SMG's are everywhere and LMG's are now totally useless.

Decide how much you use your secondary and then take my advice and ditch it for more perks/attachments.
  • Yeah...seems good for short and long range.

I notice through kill cam quite a few folk using the MG with the red reticule... personally I want to see through SMOKE AND WALLS LIKE ROBOCOP! Lol.

Noticed good use of a Sentry gun last night on the Bullet Train map!
  • I can't decide if I love the MP or hate it yet. For every good match where people play the objectives, there's a match where the opposition consists of a clan that just spawn rape and camp, seemingly more interested in k:d ratios than playing the game the way it should be. I know it's been that way for years but my optimism always gets in the way. 

LMGs are a complete waste of time now. The SMGs are as powerful as the assault rifles, despite the stats saying they're not. They also have ridiculously higher fire rates, so you either use one or die a lot. Being perverse, I prefer a crossbow, full stealth perks and combat axe to guns!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Exactly, get used to the SMG's or really good with an AR at close range else you'll struggle.

I'm starting to go on a bit but the League seems to have the more objective orientated people on it. The fact you don't level up your own stats is a bit wank and having everything unlocked could be seen as more wank by some but if you just want to shoot people and care not for unlocks/shiny badges then away you go.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've sold my copy, a mate is picking it up on Saturday.

The MP is truly shite of the finest order...
  • It's better than the last 3 though. I'm enjoying it as long as I stick to certain modes. The league play, while all randoms, seems far more balanced with people playing it properly on the whole. THough I can see league play being annoying as it's entirely based on team wins. Managed a 24-7 k:d on one match (which is nearly unheard of for me as I usually float just under 1.00!) , got the highest score in the game but my team lost and I lost league points. I assumed it would be based on individual performance!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shameless plug for a mate who plays pro CoD. 50-6 match for him and maybe a bit of help on practicing for you guys by watching.

• Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    What's that side loading smg? I think it's an smg, at least.
    I'll watch it in better quality at home.

I saw the nuke equivalent [swarm] yesterday. It's quality.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!