Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  • Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Cheers, XTC. Never got into the zombies mode, but if the MP maps are more like the previous ones rather than the MW3 ones, then I'm sold. Again. As I said, this whole bots & Pick 10 stuff sounds like it's in the right direction. 

CoD was always fun. So I like the big, dumb, blockbusters. Sue me.

Fuck it, I'll pick it up tonight if the shops are still open.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've seen no end of shit spawning...

I've seen no end of opening up a full clip to have somebody bunny hop into the air and spin before popping me with a single quick-scope headshot...

I've seen killcams where I am rinsing a dude only to be killed by the only bullet of his that was actually on target...

I've seen players with that many perks and streaks that your first few days will simply be a case of dying a lot until you get anything like the points needed to start being able to match their kit...

I've seen that many model airplanes on the go that I thought somebody had disturbed a cave full of bats...

I've seen not one single game that involved teamwork...

I've not seen a single player not sprinting...

I've not seen a single player not bunny hopping...

I've not seen a single player not spinning about...

I've not seen a single reason to keep playing the MP...
  • Even in this distinguished corner of the badger gaming world we still act like kids. Its CoD, everyone knows what you get. If you didnt like the previous ones then you arent going to like it. If you did, then you probably will.

No one is going to enter a Transformers 4 movie thread and moan at length because its a Transformers movie.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I could say everything you've said about this, about CoD4, Perm.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    @three1nw: It's getting worse with each iteration though. People seeking exploding paper aeroplanes? Honestly...

I could say everything you've said about this, about CoD4, Perm.
    Could you? You must have played it late on then because I didn't see any of that during the first year playing it, also you couldn't have said the same about the perks and streak really could you?
  • The changes in the reviews still sound appealing. The stuff Moto is bemoaning happens in Halo 4 too, in fact the killcams in 4 are a joke and frequently show enemies just firing at walls.

Everything else just seems to be further compounding of the fact it isn't MW, but it was never going to be.
  • What I find with CoD is that its players have gotten worse (unsporting) and you can almost spot where in the series some players have entered. For example you can spot a World at War player a mile off. No one mapped crouch to thumbstick press until then. It's the type of cunt who drops to the ground immediately in a confrontation.
    Now because of that dickhead's Youtube page, every cunt thinks they're Sn1perPro2012 or whatever.
  • Jesus Perm calm down. Yeah, I remember borked spawns, daft kill cams, lag issues etc. Perks, I couldn't give a fuck about tbh. I tend to find a set up that works for me and stick it without bothering about challenges etc. I don't care about Prestige or K/D. I like my 25 straight win run on CoD4 though, how sad.
  • 8/10. 

Seriously?

8/10?

For easily the weakest instalment since World At War?
  • The last paragraph in the Edge review is well-put, even if the review reads more like a 7.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've not tried any Mp just yet. Thought I'd just rinse Vet and then get onto the good stuff.

I've heard some interesting grumbles in Ghosts direction. Apparently it only works when you're moving or arming bombs. So campers can't stay off the radar, good for some and vice versa. I understand teamwork and locking areas down but it's not really the direction CoD is going nowadays. Also it unlocks at 55, just before prestige. You do get to pick a perk to carry over though. I don't think I'll choose Ghost if I do prestige though.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • I'm currently thinking this is a 5 at best.
  • You're shite though.
  • THanks. Though I won most of the matches I took part in last night. Even while bored.
  • Mine still hasn't turned up from Tesco yet - the bastards but its not as if I haven't got a million other games to play though .
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Mine still hasn't turned up from Tesco yet - the bastards but its not as if I haven't got a million other games to play though .

Same here. Luckily I have.... my dick to play with.
  • I don't want to play with that x
  • When did you pre-order yours three1ne ? I ordered about 2 weeks ago
  • Bloody hell, pretty bad then. I only ordered mine on Monday so wasnt expecting it on release.
  • My Tesco order turned up yesterday, which was ordered last Thurs.

I had a few hours on it last night - Campaign didn't really do anything for me but MP (which I really bought it for to satisfy my pangs for an online arcade shooter) played ok. Certainly notice the 60fps shift from BF3. That said, overall I feel I'm just playing the latest old school shooter online.

Still to try bots in custom games and the different game types (stuck to playing ol' Team Deathmatch last night).
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Jesus Perm calm down. Yeah, I remember borked spawns, daft kill cams, lag issues etc. Perks, I couldn't give a fuck about tbh. I tend to find a set up that works for me and stick it without bothering about challenges etc. I don't care about Prestige or K/D. I like my 25 straight win run on CoD4 though, how sad.
    That's what I was on about, in previous CoD's you stood a chance even with the basic kit, now you have no chance. Map knowledge was enough to give you a fighting chance, in this you don't stand a chance against a shit player because he has 10 perks running and god knows what scorestreaks to rain down on you.

I think it's shit that is all, there is now need for me to calm down as I'm not excited.

FTR I didn't care about K/D either, I just wanted our team to win. Anybody I played with will tell you that, if I needed to die 30 times just to keep them off our objective I would. I too was proud of my win streak, I think it was around 62'ish...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    FTR I didn't care about K/D either, I just wanted our team to win.

Only played a couple of times with you, but that's true.
  • Edge said: "It’s still a shooting gallery, too, with static enemies popping endlessly in and out of cover unless scripted to do otherwise. Don’t expect to be outflanked or out-thought, then, but running smooth and lightning fast, the same dumb, dizzying rollercoaster is now a markedly less throwaway one."

Pass. Although I was always gonna pass anyway, but I live in hope that one day CoD won't be a 'shooting gallery' with no AI and I would want to pick it up. The branching storyline and different endings and changing situations all sound good to me.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm quite enjoying the MP so far and found the starting guns were fine - first game was 27-8. Should really have traded the game in there and then as I'm never going to hit those heights again. Most worrying thing though was that in my last game I couldn't put anyone down (even when they had their backs to me and I pumped a clip into them) and was 0-7 and then the server crashed. Hoping that there aren't sustained server issues but it's COD, so likely to continue. 

If anyone needs some fellow fodder my GT is same as on here.
  • I don't know Perm, I dropped into it yesterday and did perfectly well for someone completely unfamiliar with the maps. As for Killstreaks, this is unfortunate, but since MW2 I've adapted by carrying a launcher instead of a pistol and I or someone else usually has that nuisance taken down in less than 20 secs. My winstreak was all in one day, on Free For All. 25 consecutive wins. I had to switch the Xbox off. I think that was the peak of my giving a shit about CoD period.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Perhaps I had the same issue as Stopharage as I realise that I am a bit older than when I played CoD4 and perhaps I'm not as quick as I was but a full clip while stationary and ADS only to find myself shot by a person who was sprinting in my direction and then had to slow to raise their weapon smacks to me of something not being right?

I wanted this game to be at as least as good as BlOps, hence my caving in and buying it, but it isn't. They have done the same thing and more as what put me off MW3 by adding more and more and more.

What is wrong with a gun, a sight, a RPG, a pistol, a grenade, a flash or a smoke? Why do we need shock weapons, radiation weapons, x-ray weapons, model aeroplanes that explode, a sensor for this, a sensor for that, a care package, a helicopter to track your movements, a perk to carry more, a perk to do this, a perk to do that? The list is endless.

I think that this would be made more bearable for myself if the objective modes really encouraged objective gameplay. I would rather plant the bomb in S&D than kill everybody by doing spinny jumps off a ladder.

I know that this is merely my own views on the game but it doesn't make me angry, it just makes me really disappointed and it makes me miss the games I used to play. What I want is an evolution of those games and this version of CoD isn't an evolution, it's whole new beast...
  • three1ne wrote:
    Luckily I have.... my dick to play with.

I pre-ordered one of those from Shopto but it still hasn't turned up.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I still might cave and grab it. I'd be getting it for a tenner in a roundabout way, and I did enjoy the MW3 campaign quite a bit. 

The main reason to get it is to stop the lads at work asking if I'm getting it and to have the odd game with them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!