Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Shit.

I have tried MP, shit.

I have tried Zombies, shit.

I have tried the Campaign, it's the same as every other one.

I am putting this up for sale tomorrow or finding something to trade it in against.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Thanks for that Perm.
  • Jeez, Moto. That's a shame.

I'll still go for it. Think I enjoyed the original BLOPs more than you did.

Like I said, the bots + humans sounds like the right mix for me.
  • As I waited in the chip shop watching the queue outside blockbuster two betracksuited helmeted young men walked in proclaiming "mans gunna get popped tonight" I decided this probably wasn't for me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Jeez, Moto. That's a shame. I'll still go for it. Think I enjoyed the original BLOPs more than you did. Like I said, the bots + humans sounds like the right mix for me.
    I loved BlOps MP, I finished the campaign but thought it was awful overall, yes there were some lovely bits but there were also some shockers and the story was even worse than MW2's...
  • :-(

Can't disagree, but I still want to give this a go!

Blame the original MW for being so good.
  • This was the first Call of Duty I haven't picked up on release for a few years now. Interestingly, there was hardly any talk amongst the kids in my class at school. They were all talking about it last year with MW3.

Not that they should be and I do tell them off for mentioning Call of Duty.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • All in all it's just another year of the call.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    What the shit is that stupid base defend about?

What a fucking waste of resources.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • It's easily the best Treyarch (clears throat).
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I so nearly picke up the Tesco deal. Having read the reactions I'm glad I didn't. Is there an Edge review up yet?
  • I only had time to play around an hour of this tonight but I'm really enjoying it.  This is probably the first CoD that I could see myself getting into since MW2.  My biggest problem with the past couple of CoDs has been the ridiculously busy and complicated maps which made any kind of tactical play very difficult.  First impressions of the maps in this are good, although they're still not up to the standard of the great MW1 maps but they're definitely a step up over the last 2 games.

Gameplay is still classic CoD.  Fast paced, constantly moving, twitch based gameplay which I enjoy.  Loving the pick 10 system as well, it adds a nice twist to create a class system and looks like it could lead to some interesting combinations.  And it looks like it has a Starcraft'esque ranked league system too which is a nice addition.

Of course everyone is quite a low rank at the moment which means that non of the ridiculous kill streaks and weapons have been unlocked so these still have the potential to ruin the game for me.  However first impressions are positive.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Well yeh.  A tiny part of me is still tempted, even though the rest says hell no. I just want a new MP shooter, and as much as I like the Halo campaign and co-op stuff I'm not sure the MP is really what I'm after.  Just release BFBC3 ffs. No changes, just new maps for BFBC2 with updated graphics. Hell, just release a new map pack for 2. That'd do me.

I wish I could persuade everyone to get a PC and play Team Fortress 2.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I don't get why the zombies bit is advertised as such a big portion of the game. It's throwaway. Killing Floor is the closest comparison and does it ten times better.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Well yeh.  A tiny part of me is still tempted, even though the rest says hell no. I just want a new MP shooter, and as much as I like the Halo campaign and co-op stuff I'm not sure the MP is really what I'm after.  Just release BFBC3 ffs. No changes, just new maps for BFBC2 with updated graphics. Hell, just release a new map pack for 2. That'd do me.

I wish I could persuade everyone to get a PC and play Team Fortress 2.

Had a few games on 360, brilliant stuff. Totally deserved more attention.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm rather enjoying the Sp bar a few minor annoyances.

I get the feeling that doing things in a different order [maybe] will change the outcome of certain events.
    Spoiler:
    I don't know if that will specifically change much but the outcome part of missions gives the impression that they can be changed and possibly change what comes later.
  • Well, it's totally forgettable so far. Online is just CoD. Nothing new. Maps remind me of the DLC maps from MW3. All have their flaws. Same old "I shot 3 seconds before him yet still died" and same old "he didn't actually shoot me on killcam". This might get traded in for something less mainstream.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    For fuck's sake, it's 2025. Who the fuck designs a vehicle that can't shoot up!?

The AI in this is so damn retarded, it's shocking they expect it to work on the high difficulties.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    As expected then.  COD luft this place a lawng tahm agoo.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Well, it ended pretty much how it was throughout, totally fucked up. That's storywise, nothing to do with bugs or whatever.

I'll get onto fitting it all together another day, possibly on easy.
  • Louiecat
    Show networks
    Xbox
    louiecat
    Steam
    louiecat

Send message
    Sameish

That said, since my last post I had an enjoyable time in the next two chapters follwing the opener - still really easy and guided - but its fun in scale and spectacle of a blckbuster movie. Nicely, one of these chapters reminded me of Tomb Raider and looks the dogs bollocks.....beautiful graphic quality all through, but a bit too hyper real and plastic, unlike the grittier Battlefield aesthetic.
    rest less
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    My god. What the hell is with the final video?
  • It's Michael Bay on drugs. I hope all the reviewers that criticised Warfighter's campaign are feeling embarrassed now. This thoroughly awful so far. Really can't be bothered carrying on.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Ali wrote:
    I hope all the reviewers that criticised Warfighter's campaign are feeling embarrassed now. This thoroughly awful so far.
    Somebody said almost the exact same thing to me while I was online last night*.

* while I was playing Forza as I'd already switched CoD off...
  • THe only saving grace for this is multiplayer. I'm even finding the zombies mode completely dull. Same old mechanics and lab rat repetitiveness. Except that multiplayer hasn't evolved one iota. Sure, they've dressed it up in future speak and added numbers onto the guns codenames, but it's still the same old same old. Even the maps feel rehashed. MoH might be rougher than a badger's butt in places, but at least it requires tactical skill and teamwork to succeed. This still favours the prepubescent Rambos.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I'm pretty sure the motel level from Left 4 Dead has been plonked straight into this game also.
  • Disappointing feedback all round, here. 

Giving me second thoughts. 

:-(
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I don't get why the zombies bit is advertised as such a big portion of the game. It's throwaway. Killing Floor is the closest comparison and does it ten times better.

Zombies is fun with a full lobby, obviously L4D kills it, but not everyone bothered to buy L4D.
  • Disappointing feedback all round, here. 

Giving me second thoughts. 

:-(

It's more CoD, if you like that buy it. It's too early to make any sort of comment on the new features. Over time it could wind up a classic.
    I've seen some dodgy spawns, but I haven't seen a shit map yet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!