Just completed
  • Ghost of Tsushima done. Mixed thoughts, was solid enough on the whole but wouldn't trouble my GotY 2020 top ten. I enjoyed the combat in the end though.
  • Finished The Last of Us 2.

The second half once Abby is introduced is an exceptional piece of videogame. One of my favourite videogame experiences in the last year or so.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Maquette (PS5)

Can confirm it's not very good. But at least I've finished it. [5].

Thought the story could have had more to it. The puzzles could definitely have been better. They didn't meld. It was clunky. Meh.
  • I thought it pretty terrible after only an hour or two.  The whole principle just seemed pointless and had no baring on the mechanics.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    BioShock Infinite.  Second time through.  Man, I really do hate that final airship assault, but what an ending.  It’s in my top three game endings of all time, I think, along with The Last of Us and The Last Guardian.  On to Burial at Sea now which, for some strange reason, I never got around to when the game first came out.
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    New Pokémon Snap - I felt like I was taking a gamble pre-ordering this - I'd never played the original but knew it was a very short game. There was every possibility the sequel could end up being not so good or so short as to be a rip-off for £40.

Fortunately, this turned out to be really enjoyable and perfectly cromulent value for money. A fun-filled 15 hours has taken me to the end credits and there's still a ton left to do - lots of Pokémon to see, different behaviours to capture, grades to max out... It'll be interesting to see if it turns into a grind in terms of the endgame but at the moment I'd say it's a good game - a solid 8/10 from me.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • 15 hours on a game that only came out three days ago is the sign of a man with oodles of time.  Spare time. Time to burn.  I’m jealous, yes.
  • Weren't you at the snooker?
    That takes about 15 hours.
  • I need something perfectly cromulent.
  • something else to thank the simpsons for...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Weren't you at the snooker? That takes about 15 hours.

Ha!  Think it was about 3 hours TBF.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Umurangi Generation

It's alright. A couple of tracks off the OST I really liked (Tariq's Bitchtape & Millenium Bug) and I enjoyed the story you have to glean from the environment for yourself being a punk photographer from level to level. Not that fussed about the actual photography mechanics or the ways in which they try and incentivise you to think about your photography.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It has put in a mind to rewatch some OG Evangelion though.
  • Finished Zelda Links Awakening 

What a weird game. Some really charming moments of gameplay but some absolutely obtuse moments. I used a guide alot. I had to. This game is from an era when people would spend hours wandering around trying stuff. 

I got about two hours in on the gameboy but there is no suprise i didn't continue. The sidequests are essentially essential and it's not clear. You could be wandering around for hours not knowing what to do next, even the cryptic telephones are cryptic. 

The book bits are stupidly low key. 

I'm so glad that I properly got into zelda at Ocarina and not before.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I’m so glad I played Zelda way before Ocarina. :)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m so glad I played Zelda way before Ocarina. :)

Spotted your name in here and figured you'd done Returnal ;-)
  • Dude, I got 6 kids to feed! (Hoping to get some time in tonight.)
  • Astro’s Playroom. Finished that though. Wish there was more of it. Only the second game I’ve completed this year so far!

SM3DW is almost there. Finding final world hard with the kids in co-op so we might quit at some point and just call it quits.

I could probably polish off and count Hades and Paradise Killer if I could tear myself away from The Spire on the Switch!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Dude, I got 6 kids to feed! (Hoping to get some time in tonight.)

768-ED357-D64-B-45-C4-86-D6-5-AD677-E3-AFA7.gif

• Crosspost with Resi thread:

Finished [Resi 8] last night - overall took about 9hrs 30m, which seems in line with most people. Have thoughts about it, here they are for those that are interested:

Spoiler:
  • Great review Child, I enjoyed it.
    Agreed, game direction needs to learn pacing and building up tension when also trying to do narrative.

Every modern fp game should come with an fov slider, should be mandatory.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Control. I was a bit unsure in the early stages but thoroughly enjoyed it by the end and was looking forward to more so will get onto the DLC at some point soon.

The only real issue I had was navigating the building. The control points seemed a bit too random at times and there were areas I struggled to find the way to even when using the map. That also meant occasionally respawning quite far from the point of the mission.

Fairly minor quibbles given the sheer enjoyment of the weapons and abilities, particularly when you nail using them in combination. I rarely felt like the game was unfairly punishing and I'd either got too cocky or wasn't using the best tactics so was always looking to improve rather than getting frustrated. Not an easy balance.

The whole atmosphere/vibe also really added to the sense of intrigue and exploration, felt very much like Legion which is no bad thing.

It's a must play if there's still anyone that has gamepass and hasn't tried it.
  • I just wish there were more levels like the Ashtray Maze, that really mixed it up for me. By the end I got a little bored with the setting.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, that was brilliant. I felt like there was enough variation in the main areas that it didn't feel too samey, but probably also helped that I was jumping around between missions so wasn't in one area for too long.
  • “All I do each night is Prey” sang Gary Barlow, sort of. Well, that’s another thing Gary and I don’t have in common, because I’ve now finished Prey - leaving my evenings free of it.

I picked up Prey on the PS4 when it was first released. I love Arkane’s games, but this just didn’t do it for me. Returning on Series X, courtesy of Game Pass, I’ve had a much better time of it.

Would recommend to anyone who enjoyed Bioshock, System Shock, and Dishonoured 1 or 2.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I gave up on Prey after a jump scare that left me feeling annoyed.
  • Prey was great. Happy some more people get to try it now through Gamepass.
  • Just this second completed Demons Souls...

Now I’m relatively new to the soulsbourne genre having only really starting playing them late last year. So far I’ve completed Dark Souls 3, Sekiro (kind of) and played chunks of DS1, DS 2 (which I’m not enjoying at all) and Nioh. Then Demons Souls came along in all it’s next gen shininess and consumed me.

It may lack some of the quality of life features of later souls games (here’s looking at you Estus Flasks you wonderful addition) but it’s incredible to see how the foundations of the genre are well and truly established here:

Intricate level design - check.
    Brutal but fair combat - check.
    Challenging, rage inducing bosses - check.
    Annoying poison swamp level - unfortunately check.

It’s also utterly brilliant. The graphics are astounding and the controls feel wonderful thanks to some subtle feedback stuff. I hit some roadblocks but always felt I was improving and could ultimately overcome any challenges faced and the combat is so wonderfully tactical and involved.

What a game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Now if only it were on PC...
  • Now if only it were on PC...

Expect it will be, a few years down the line.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!