adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Florence - This is basically a short dialogue-free graphic novel with some interactive elements. It's just... it's just nothing really? Like a lot of dialogue-free works, it ends up being hyper-trite. A young woman falls in love and then falls out of love. Then she realises her dream of becoming a professional artist, providing a positive climax to the game. The protagonist is East Asian and her boyfriend is South Asian - this is basically the only interesting thing about the story. It just... it just doesn't say anything at all. I don't understand why anyone bothered to make this.

I bought this on Switch because it was like a quid but it's obviously meant to be played on phone.

Also, someone on the dev staff accused the lead guy of abusive behaviour.

So, err, yeah, I'm not really recommending this.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    It definitely would've been more interesting if abuse was also a part of the game's otherwise unoriginal in-and-out-of-love story. In the end, I found the whole (little) thing and its simple outlook on the daily struggles of life, love and art rather insulting.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think I enjoyed it more than you two but it was a while ago now so who knows really ...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh look
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Florence (Android)

Interactive story, really, but I liked it - nice art style, quaint story (awww), nice UI.  A rose-tinted [8].

Maybe I was soft in March 2018...
  • I enjoyed it, watched my daughter play through it again last week. It's a lightweight 30-35 minute snapshot of a pretty bog standard relationship, Janine only pushes Barry down the stairs in the dlc.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've got a real love of shitting on stories that portend emotional depth and end up being morally repugnant. 

To The Moon is still my highlight for this. Gods I hated it so much.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Why can't they make games I hate like that anymore.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Have you played Before Your Eyes, Boff?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I've got a real love of shitting on stories that portend emotional depth and end up being morally repugnant.

And this is why we've missed you so much
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message

Oh a game where you blink to progress? Love to see a speed run of this.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Monument Valley 2 - The Google Play Store reviews made it sound like this would have a more substantial plot than the first one, maybe also be generally better. I thought it was pretty much more of the same. I think if you'd bought MV1 in 2014 and then bought this on release in 2017 then you'd be hungry for this but playing both games in quick succession it almost feels like content for the same game released in batches. Perfectly fine though - more Monument Valley if you liked the original.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:

Oh a game where you blink to progress? Love to see a speed run of this.

You can also wimp out by just clicking instead, if you don't comprehend EMOTION
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Finally finished Rift Apart this morning and might Platinum it. I'll put a full review in the 52 games thread but that game is just a summer blast of fun and everyone who can should play it. Unless you hate fun.
  • Dishonoured 2.

After putting the game down on level 7 due to performance issues 2.5 years ago, I returned to this and got it done.

Very hard, no powers, no bonecharms, and only allowed myself weapon upgrades. Got me no kills, never spotted, and low chaos.

Overall, it's really very good with pretty reasonable stealth and I appreciated how the game was designed to cater for people with or without powers. Good audio design (although background noise was a little too loud at times), and nice and smooth movement.

Still not Thief (nothing is) but the closest we'll get to it in this day and age.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dishonoured 2 is such a fucking good game that I am bad at and I want to go back to it now.
  • Yeah, and The Crack in the Slab is one of the best levels I’ve ever played
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    This just reminds how hard it have always been to be an Immersive Sim-fan. There's nothing of worth I haven't played already. And then replayed, at some other point. 

Dishonoured 2 is, bar the silly story - which is unfortunate; but the world/lore is often enticing enough - a grand time.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I feel the story must have gone through a mullering at some point in development. The choice to make Corvo selectable was a misstep.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Putting my faith in Cara Ellison being a good writer so the production management must have done the shittening.
  • Omno - decent enough twee little adventure thing. I'm glad it ended when it did as it was just starting to drag out a bit too long. Some of the jumping was a bit fiddly, mainly because the controls could be a bit clunky at times, but generally a pleasant and sweet experience.
    Started playing it with my daughter, it's deffo kid friendly in content, but she got a bit bored/frustrated with a few fiddly bits and the one tricky puzzle*, so i ended up doing the second half myself.

* it wasn't that tricky once i understood it, but my excuse is i took over half way through my daughter attempting it so i basically brute forced it rather than working out what it was doing! :)

Certainly worth a punt on gamepass if you like journey style games
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Florence (IPad):
    It's already been covered this week, but I enjoyed it. Short, but kept me entertained whilst sat in a car park waiting for someone.

Not really a game as such, a bit like a linear comic with minor inconsequential interaction on the 'players' behalf to keep you engaged. If sat around with a phone and want to read a comic/magazine then I felt it is a worthwhile alternative.
  • Omno - 10/10. It started off good, then became brilliant, then became one of the best games I have ever played. I think it's straight up there with Journey/Dark Souls/Bloodborne for me.

The first time I have 100%’ed a game, every achievement was brilliant. The gameplay is fun, the puzzles are incredibly intuitive, the way it tells a story is a masterpiece. The story itself is fairly simple but open to interpretation and i am a little bit in love with my interprataion of it. I wanted to complete it but I was sad for it to end, which alludes to part of the story,
    Spoiler:

The fact it has been made by one person is insane. Finding all the animals being part of completion is a nice touch. The abilities are introduced nicely and are so fun to use especially when combining them all together near the end. Two particular puzzles at the end are stunning:
    Spoiler:

My interpretation on the story:
    Spoiler:
  • High praise indeed. I have downloaded this, so how long roughly does it take to play through it?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I've started it with Tilly, we're roughly an hour in.
    Spoiler:
    It's a slow burn, not feeling that level of love just yet but I'll persevere.  It's better than Journey.
  • Better than Journey?! Must be the best game ever then.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • g.man wrote:
    High praise indeed. I have downloaded this, so how long roughly does it take to play through it?
    about 4 hours is average i think. took me a bit longer i reckon but the first half was played by my daughter
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Dragon Quest XI.

Oh no I haven’t, there’s more…
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • g.man wrote:
    High praise indeed. I have downloaded this, so how long roughly does it take to play through it?
    about 4 hours is average i think. took me a bit longer i reckon but the first half was played by my daughter
    Thanks mate. Should be able to find time for that then mayber.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think Omno has just fucked me by doing a Play Anywhere sync to like two hours ago in the game.  Fucks sake.  Dunno if I cba to redo all that.  Fair play for a solo dev, but losing save state is a pretty big no-no...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!