adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Credits rolling on the Blue Lions ending of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. This falls into the same category of Persona 5 Royal for me. Like, it was fine? But is fine enough for something that takes so bloody long to finish? Both games are a bit flabby IMO, they could easily be shorter without losing much.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I've nearly bought it a few times but I'm convinced this is how I'd feel about it.  Awakening really is one of the best games I've ever played - potentially top 5 - but other than that the Fates games are the only FE's I've stuck with (I hit a wall after maybe 10hrs on the GBA as half my team was dead and Shadows of Valentia didn't really grab me).  It seems weird that a big one's out there that I haven't even been willing to gamble on...but the relationship nurturing in Fates didn't appeal to me at all (in fact the entirety of the base camp scenes weren't for me), and the school/student side of things in Three House just sounds so dull imho.  It's all about the grid tactics for me in FE and the franchise seems intent on shaking me off so I've had to get my kicks elsewhere in recent years (Gears Tactics, Skulls of the Shogun, Mario Rabbids, Wargroove, Mutant Year Zero, Into the Breach).
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'd say I enjoyed Shadows of Valentina much more than Three Houses. It might be worth revisiting if you still have it - or at least it will be a better bet than forking out for Three Houses.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    is fine enough for something that takes so bloody long to finish?
    A sentiment that can be applied to so many games.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Got the platinum trophy in Guacamelee 2.  Some of the platforming challenges to get there were brutal.  Too hard for my tastes.  I don't feel pleased with myself when I finally beat a really tough challenge, like a Dark Souls boss, I mostly just think "thank god that's over".  At very high difficulties in games it feels like random chance is more of a factor than skill.  Even more frustrating in this case since the controls aren't as tight as something like Celeste.

Still, liked the game over all.  I think I liked then 1st one more but I'm not sure there's any meaningful difference between the two.
  • Have you played The End is Nigh? Might not be one to try immediately but it's up there with Meat Boy and Celeste in terms of control perfection imo. Way too hard for me to 100% I'd wager but it would be worth the effort the l33ts.
  • Got the platinum trophy in Guacamelee 2.  Some of the platforming challenges to get there were brutal.  Too hard for my tastes.  I don't feel pleased with myself when I finally beat a really tough challenge, like a Dark Souls boss, I mostly just think "thank god that's over".  At very high difficulties in games it feels like random chance is more of a factor than skill.  Even more frustrating in this case since the controls aren't as tight as something like Celeste. Still, liked the game over all.  I think I liked then 1st one more but I'm not sure there's any meaningful difference between the two.
    My YT video of the final bit behind the gold door (in edited highlights form, cutting out all the failed attempts) is the only thing I've ever uploaded that has views in the 1000s. And comments from people saying how tough it is.

But I actually thought the hardest part was the fight against the 3 jaguars (the car? no, the big cat thing). That almost broke me.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Didn't find the Jags too hard.  I think I actually managed to heal a few times during the fight which probably made it easier.  Gold door bit was defiantly the hardest.  Had to space my attempts out over a few days because it was getting me too worked up.

Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Have you played The End is Nigh? Might not be one to try immediately but it's up there with Meat Boy and Celeste in terms of control perfection imo. Way too hard for me to 100% I'd wager but it would be worth the effort the l33ts.
    Not actually into twitch based games.  Celeste is great, but I didn't play beyond the end of the main story, and I used the assists a few times to get that far.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I didn't do the hidden door bit. Hmm maybe I should go back...
  • Finally 100%'d Batman: Arkham Knight. Think it might be the first time I've ever done that with one of these big sandbox games.

I know it has its critics, but I love it. Have decided to NG+ it now.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Arkham City was one of my top 5 all timers when it came out.  Knight was excellent but sullied a bit by the Batmobile battles.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep, City is a real special game and Knight is utter bloat.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yep, Asylum is a real special game and City is utter bloat.

• acemuzzy wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yep, the first half of Asylum is a decent game and rest plus sequels are utter bloat.

• Sorry to say this, but ace is right!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Never apologise for being right
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm not gonna disagree that Asylum is amazing. I just loved the spread of villains with City. Knight can do one
  • Asylum isn’t perfect, mainly because of the late game, but it’s the best. City has the best environment but too much bloat. Knight is just not very good, apart from the stealth bits which are the best out of any of them.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I enjoyed my time with all 3 of the Batmens. Knight’s the weakest of the three for sure, but racking up insane combos, swooping across the city and picking off goons never got old.
  • They are all great games to varying degrees.
    Knight is the worst and it still shits all over most stuff that gets released.
  • I actually didn’t enjoy Knight (apart from the stealth bits as mentioned).
    But if it had been the first one I’d played then forgedaboudit, I’d probably be saying it was an all timer.
  • I would sooner play it than that Avengers hemorrhage.
  • monkey wrote:
    I actually didn’t enjoy Knight (apart from the stealth bits as mentioned).
    But if it had been the first one I’d played then forgedaboudit, I’d probably be saying it was an all timer.

This. It was a slight disappointment after the games that preceded it - especially as I bought a console for it - but not a bad game to push through imo. No idea what the side quests were like, same with Arkham City.
  • I despised it tbh.  Just cba with the whole bulk of it and I found the tone to be all over the place.
  • Asylum was good, but its handful of ideas were already wearing thin by the end. I started City and couldn't be bothered with all odds and ends littered about the place. To be fair, it's probably no worse for that than other games I've played through, but after Asylum I just wasn't fussed.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I thought it was far better than most "fuck-a-map" type games. In others the collect-athon stuff would feel repetitious, but the Riddler trophies were all unique puzzles that tested your understanding of the gadgets and game mechanics.
  • Arkham was okay, the other games were pish
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think I cleared City in about 5 hours and was pissed at that first time round. Then I found all the other stuff
  • Arkham Asylum was the metroidvania blueprint. Arkham City was the open world expansion. Arkham Origins was the formulaic cash-in. Knight, I haven't yet bothered with really.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!