World of Tanks 360/X1 Edition - PS4 Edition coming soon! Beta sign up now.
  • Ding! Just got my 500th kill.

So who has the stomach to stick this one out like ol' Webbins? Panty and Goobs look like willing platoon mates, looks like others might be too yella to push through.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I'm quite happy to pop on if peeps are playing. It's a pleasant enough diversion, but I'm fucking hopeless at it.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • That's the spirit, G.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • :D
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm always up for a good group tank.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It can be a bit dull but I'll be on when I can to give it a good go. Out the next few nights though.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Ding! Just got my 500th kill.

So who has the stomach to stick this one out like ol' Webbins? Panty and Goobs look like willing platoon mates, looks like others might be too yella to push through.

NvkZx14l.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Ffs. 
    Goobs, webbs where are you?
    Useless fuckers online now i need people who aren't stoopid.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Game time for me is nine onwards, Panty.
  • That's my bedtime
  • nudge.jpg
  • A good bunch of games last night, Goobs. The light/medium and arty combo seemed to pay dividends. I'm now in the possession of a tier V frog arty on which to rain down deadly escargot.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I've been getting into this over the last few days, starting to click a bit more now. I've got a few tier 2's at the moment but particularly enjoying the medium and sniper so is it worth focusing on upgrading one or two tanks, or keeping a selection available?

Also a bit unsure about what to do with crews. They seem to gain experience incredibly slowly so unlocking the perks and skills seems like it'll take forever. I've transferred one crew when upgrading but other new tanks I've just had to assign new crews. Feels like I'm missing something?

Anyway, I'll be around tonight for some mp if anyone's on.
  • Don't get too precious with crews early on. They won't earn that much XP and it's cheaper to get a fresh crew than it is to continually retrain them through each tank tier. When you get to tier 4 it may be worth retraining as the cost of doing so will be easily recouped as you aim towards tier 5, and they may also hit 100% training. However, porting them to another tank will knock their experience down to 75% with silver, unless you are prepared to use real monies to retrain them to 100%.
  • If you are happy with the sniper and medium then stick with. The medium tech tree should branch eventually and give you medium or heavy options. Good to have at least two tanks in the garage so you can hop straight into another game if you get wiped out before the end of your current battle.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Great, thanks for the tips. I'll stick with what I'm doing for now then.

One last question - does everyone have to be in the same tier tank for a platoon in mp?
  • I'm keeping a bit of a spread.
    I've gone the German light tank route, just because I want a Leopard.
    But I've gone the US route for mediums/heavy, sniper and arty.
    I have also got a German heavy tech tree on the go, again just because I want a Tiger!

I guess if they are going with a basis in historical accuracy then the US tanks are OK from the WWII period with the Germans being very good and the Russians being quite good in general.

But then after WWII the Germans drop off a cliff and it's a neck and neck race between the US and USSR for the bestest tanks.
  • Cosby - No, but I'm not 100% on the criteria. If you highlight a tank in your garage, it will say it plays up to tier 7, for example. I don't think this rule applies to platoons, I don't think you have to play what tier the platoon leader picks, but again I'm not 100%.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    No worries, would make sense not to restrict I guess but will find out next time there's a few people on.

I've kept to US tanks so far but might branch out and try some of the Russkies. Got my first artillery tank yesterday too so will give that a run tonight.
  • When Webbs was platoon leader the other day. You had to wait for him to select his tank then it filtered out the tanks you couldn't pick based on his tier selection.
    So if Webbs picked a tier 5 then I could only pick tier 5 and above (or up to what his tank can play against - see the next bit) WITH the exception of other tier tanks that say "Will play up to Tier 'X'".
  • We couldn't figure that bit out at all last time we all played tbh. Even if Franny picked a tier 5 that didn't seem to make my tier 5 eligible.

needlessly obtuse

g.man
  • From the Wiki:
    If you are in a platoon, the entire platoon is placed into battles according to the platoon member in the vehicle with the highest battle tier. This can produce unwanted results in particular for new players at the lower tiers. For example, a tier 4 scout can enter battles up to tier 7, whereas a tier 4 medium tank on its own can only join battles up to tier 6. If these platoon together, the scout will pull the other tank up into its battle tier, where the other tank will usually be hopelessly outclassed. Please take this into account when forming platoons.
  • Although I thought the platoon leader dictated the battle tier.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That wasn't happening though was it? It just flat refused some tanks on a seemingly random basis.
  • Webbins wrote:
    From the Wiki:
    If you are in a platoon, the entire platoon is placed into battles according to the platoon member in the vehicle with the highest battle tier. This can produce unwanted results in particular for new players at the lower tiers. For example, a tier 4 scout can enter battles up to tier 7, whereas a tier 4 medium tank on its own can only join battles up to tier 6. If these platoon together, the scout will pull the other tank up into its battle tier, where the other tank will usually be hopelessly outclassed. Please take this into account when forming platoons.
    I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pepper pots innit.
  • *shrugs*
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    A good bunch of games last night, Goobs. The light/medium and arty combo seemed to pay dividends. I'm now in the possession of a tier V frog arty on which to rain down deadly escargot.
    Yeah, that was quite a tidy set up. Also learning that rb was target lock was a revelation.
  • Also learning that rb was target lock was a revelation.
    The what now?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Target lock? What does it target? A specific area or just the whole thing?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!