World of Tanks 360/X1 Edition - PS4 Edition coming soon! Beta sign up now.
  • Yes g you can sell a tank. 
    If you've got absolutely no use for one anymore then you sell it by, perversely, going to its upgrade menu then going across to sell. 
    You can only sell a number of tanks per day. As I've just found out as i spazzed out and bought the wrong tank.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Don't forget you need to pay real money if you want any ammunition.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Also, you have been playing the WoT FTP mini game on Android for the past month right?

Otherwise you can't possibly have filled enough Jerry cans with fuel to make it past the first field.
  • :(
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Answer - it's online, it lags. I've just put 10 shots into the side of a tank. Three registered and then i got one shotted by someone behind me.

Lagwise, it is very stable for me, plus these are lumbering tanks with large hitboxes so it's not as if you are half a second behind a headshot. Was your reticule red, orange or yellow? Were you firing at an angle to their armour? How damaging is your gun, etc.? You will get one shotted from behind, your rear is your weakest side (although I've heard different about yours, Panty), and the way detection works, you may not even know they are behind you. Tanks are brutal.

GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I was in a tier 2 upgraded light tank. He was in a tier 1. 
    I was just unlucky. I had a spate of lag spikes about 5pm. Usually when i got close to an enemy for the first time it would spike like crazy. 
    At one point i was pressing fire, the canon didn't go off, the enemy took no damage but then the magazine suddenly emptied of three shots and reloaded.
    I notice it happens more when you are very close to the enemy as well. Which is sometimes often in the smaller maps with all the light tanks about.
  • As for the death part of it. Yeah i got hit by a biggish guy from behind (ooeer) and i think the guy in front did some damage thought it wasn't showing because as it was spiking like crazy at the time.
  • Oh, that does sound quite laggy, I've not experienced that yet. I know on the 360, you would invariably get some kind of stutter when a number of tanks were spotted at the same time. There have been some issues with freezing, hopefully that can be sorted server side.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    There's definitely something good here, and when you successfully stalk an enemy it's more satisfying than any FPS. But then you get one shotted by a speeding tank and have a wtf moment.

I'll plow some time into it and get some half decent tanks on the go. It's pretty moreish.
  • Yeah, I'm utterly hopeless, but it's a pleasant way to spend an evening.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It's weird innit. 
    It takes longer to get into some lobbies than it does to actually play sometimes. 
    It can be frustrating and Bullshit as well but I'm on it now. And i don't know why.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Also on it. It's definitely moorish
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I'll give it one more go, but my initial impression was it's an ugly snoozefest.  I do realise I've just set myself up.

Edit: Apologies for falling asleep, but some friday night herb and a comfy seat gave me the old one-two.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • You need to give it time. There's a lot to grasp and understand, I can see why it might divide though. This isn't Call of Duty Tank Edition, some battles will be over in seconds, some go the full length, some you will be a hero and every shot will count, many will fall under your tracks, some you won't be able to scratch even an itch and you will die instantly. Move on, you can die, go back to garage and be back in another battle in seconds, learn from the error that cost you your tank.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I like it. Will be caning it this week.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm on tonight, probably about 10, if anyone's available.
  • I'm having a torrid time on this now. 
    All my tanks are low end tier fours fighting 5-6s. 
    I'm incredibly lucky if i can even damage another tank nevermind kill one. 
    Every time i point my gun at a tank it's a yellow reticle. 
    It's getting a little frustrating. 
    For once I'd like to be the guy in that big fucking tank, you know the one, that shoots you in one shot from miles away and every shot just bounces off him.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I was crying out for a fair go with someone in a similar tank to my tier 3. In comparison to others, my tank is slower, fires tangerines and is made of paper. It's good at spotting though, so I'm supposed to sit in a bush and not fire or move so the enemy doesn't spot me. Fun times!
  • The only class I'm getting consistent results with is the sniper. 
    Maybe I'm not cut out to be a scout/heavy
  • pantyfire wrote:
    sniper

You don't say.

There is an element of every shot being a dice roll, and even with a red reticule and 100% penetration, damage isn't always guaranteed. At distance you are rolling a twelve sided dice, at medium distance a six sided dice, and up close you are flipping a coin.

There are going to be many games where it will be necessary for you to sit in a bush, spot, and do not much else, which might not be for you. I will say, with a bit of time and really getting to grips with the mechanics, you will progress and end up with an interesting garage. As one game ends you can quickly jump into another where the experience may be different, and so on.
  • I need to get rid of the Lee as quick as possible. It doesn't seem to work as anything.
  • There is so much to consider re: penetration and damage. Enemy armour thickness, angles, ammo type, distance, accuracy, etc. It's never as clear cut as you shoot, you score.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I need to get rid of the Lee as quick as possible. It doesn't seem to work as anything.

Don't main it. Your first win of every day gives you x2 XP. Use till you get this and then move on, play a different class. It is a chore, but necessary if you want to get in the Shermans.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Best bet when you don't think you're going to do damage is aim for the front or back of the tracks and try to split them, then maneuver in cover to try and get round the back and hit them up the chuff. Easier said than done, but if you're up against a heavy in a medium or light tank you don't have much choice.
  • Lols. 
    It's a bit telling when the kids are playing. I've just got 7 kills and MVP in my shitty M3.
  • I had a conscious moment of playing with a 360 player last night.  He was from America, had a really gentle southern accent and was giving constructive feedback, complete with authentic crackling, hissy WWII comms.  Kind of added to the experience.
  • And now I've just backdoored a arty a heavy and a uber destroyer with the little M3. Took 6 to kill the heavy and 10 to kill the sniper. Thank god they didnt turn around.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Always go for the tracks on a sniper first. Sitting duck.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Lols. 
    It's a bit telling when the kids are playing. I've just got 7 kills and MVP in my shitty M3.

Definitely a different crowd on during the day

ojgiyae8.png
  • Yup. 
    My M3 is gone now. Both evolutions are unlocked and i bought the Sherman. 
    I had fun with it in the end but that was because the embryos were playing i think. But I'm definitely not sad to see the back of it. 

I have also fully upgraded my light Luchs (German) and is a beast, quite nippy and it has a massive range gun now, it's sniping heavies at silly ranges.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!