World of Tanks 360/X1 Edition - PS4 Edition coming soon! Beta sign up now.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What time are we on? Should I get on the hooch sooner rather than later? What are the buttons?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Y turns the kettle on.

Right analogue in a circular motion to stir brew.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Don't want the responsibility of making the brews tbh, don't think I'm quite there yet. I'll pick the tunes, at least no one will be scalded when I fuck up.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll be on around 8, but wait to peck Webbles head about how the game works instead of asking me.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I might be able to get on around 10. I'm going to jump on now for 20 minutes or so.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cool. Team Awesome all having a good old mutual tank.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I will play too, if people are about later at a time suitable for me.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Wooooo!

How many can we squeeze into a platoon?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Uh. Only 5 players.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I guess not so.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Well I'm only a maybe so don't let that put you off kow
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm sure there'll only be 5 on at a time. Sparkles will have exploded in a ball of swear by 10, and g will be rocking in his chair weeping as his Bone starts an update the second he starts the game.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    That's a point, you have started the game haven't you g to check all is ok? That's when my second downloded started.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I suppose I should finish downloading it, just in case.
  • I did check earlier and it seemed to all be there.
    How does the game work tho? Presumably you have to buy a tank, so what tank do you buy and do we all have to be the same nationality?

I know nothing

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I seems to be just team deathmatch and you can have any tank you want. (Based on 4 minutes of play).
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    I did check earlier and it seemed to all be there. How does the game work tho? Presumably you have to buy a tank, so what tank do you buy and do we all have to be the same nationality? I know nothing g.man

Nah, nationalities are irrelevant.

You get a starting tank and it seems to do a good job of keeping you within your class. The upgrade system was confusing as all fuck to me initially though.
  • All good then. Ta.
  • Yeh you get decent starter tanks. Then you have to upgrade theM with xp and gained money to get better ones.
    Doh that sounds so fucking obvious when you type it. 

You will get murdered using the early light tanks though.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I'll get murdered regardless!
  • Honestly THE PEOPLE!!
    So fucking thick. Every time you see 80% of your team charge off down the middle it's game over. 
    I've literally been the only player to flank right two minutes ago and within 30 seconds we are 3-1 down and i get shot from behind and now odd base is being captured. 
    Idiots.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You're obviously not pepperpotting hard enough.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just try to remember that the light tanks are scouts. You don't really want to get into a slugging match with anyone, especially anything larger than a tight lank.
  • Top questions gman will ask tonight:
    'Aye whoot the fuck?'
    Answer - you start with crappy light tanks. They can be upgraded and made stronger/faster/more hard hitting. But they are a bit shit.

'Whoot tank should I buy?'
    Depends on how you want to play.
    A nice spread is a sniper (triangle) artillery (square) a medium (diamond with one slash). You get all but two of those when you start the game.
    What you do have to do tho is decide what tanks you want from what country and work towards them. Look in the nations tank buying section and you will see a tree. Use that tree to plot the route to the tank you want. Don't just buy the next tank in the list. As you might waste your time not going down the right branch of the tree.

'Aye whoots this upgradin' shite?'
    So the way you buy new tanks is to buy one. Then gain xp with it and unlock the upgrades for it. When you get to the end of its upgrade tree you will, if you listened to the above, have a tank you want to buy next sitting in the tree waiting for you to unlock it. The upgrades are worth it anyway as they often make your tank faster or more deadly.

'Hoots mon I hit that fucker in the face and he didny die!'
    Unfortunately you will get your early tanks, especially, facing off against slightly better ones. Your peashooter will just bounce off some armour if you are not flat on to the side or the back. You might also have to get extremely close to make a dent.
    When your aiming reticule is on a enemy and it's yellow then it's a wasted shot. It won't do or will not likely do any damage at all. Just run.
    If the reticule is orange then it will do some medium damage.
    If it us red then it will do high damage.
    If you are lucky enough to be unseen as you are lining up a shot you can move your sight around on the tank and sometimes you can get a yellow reticule to turn red. Usually by aiming at the tracks or where the turret meets hull of the tank. Though these shots at long distance are hard to pull off especially in a light tank.

The best and most fun light tank early doors tactic is to bomb it around spotting other tanks and if you are lucky try to get behind another one and light it up. They usually have canons that fire a volley and they make people panic a little.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You missed

What tha fuck....fuck this game
  • Answer - it's online, it lags. I've just put 10 shots into the side of a tank. Three registered and then i got one shotted by someone behind me.
  • :D
  • Left stick move and rotate body. Right stick rotate turret. Be warned the camera is faster than the turret so you can look about quickly but your turret will take time to traverse. 
    Left trigger zooms. Right stick will then zoom further.
  • It's like he knew I was about to ask how the fuck do you drive these things!
  • Spotting is automatic. If a tank is within your spotting range and is moving or making a noise i.e. Shooting. Then it will get auto spotted. 
    If a tank is sitting in a bush having a sandwich then you might have to get very close before it's auto spotted.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!