World of Tanks 360/X1 Edition - PS4 Edition coming soon! Beta sign up now.
  • Heh.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • There's something very wrong here. I've been downloading this since Tuesday night now and I've just switched the Bone on to find it's still only at 68%.
    My internet is shit, but it's not that bad ffs.
  • I know you've been holding out as long as possible, but I think now might be the time to get broadband, G.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • hahaha
  • *shakes fist*
  • Four hours later and it's now sitting at 75%. At this rate I'll be back to work by the time it's downloaded.

not impressed

g.man
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's OK. The servers will probably be down by the time you've downloaded it.
  • FML
  • It's alright. 
    Partridge gif.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • You can start and play the tutorial when it says ready.
  • And as per usual it would be a good game if it wasn't for other people. 
    The amount of people away from their controllers when a game starts is stoopid. Get boxed in by a massive tank when you are getting flanked and need to turn around. The dickhead had loads of space to park in as well.

There's a few little annoyances though. Not being able to select the map you want means you pick your tank and it loads one completely unsuitable for that tank. Whoopee. 

Lol as I'm typing this it's just done it again. Sniper tank on a tight city street map. Great.
  • 49 hours in and it's now at 94%

woooooooooo!

g.man
  • Forza Horizon tomorrow?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Pants, I don't mind the map rotations and lack of pre-game choosing. I don't think they could really do it any other way. You would only end up in a situation where everyone would be resorting to the obvious choice for each map and have thirty odd snipers slugging it out at opposite ends. You are forced to adapt your carriage to the map in hand. A sniper in a tight map is not useless, you just need to find that precious line of sight, or buddy up with other tanks and hang back so they draw the heat.
  • The annoying thing is getting the team of scrubs whose main aim is to see who can die the quickest. These matches can turn one sided very fast, especially if it undoes some tidy flanking. Of note are the guys in light tanks who think because they can reach the enemy spawn the quickest, that they should do so straight from the off, spot and die before the heavy stuff has even got in range.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I played this. My tank had no ammo except a shitty machine gun. How do I get shells?
  • Earn XP and silver through battles, research and buy upgrades with XP and silver through the tank's upgrade tree.
  • Seriously, no shells???? WTAF!
  • It's a 50 cal, it still does damage. It's on a light tank, a scout, you are there to spot for your team, not win ze war one handed. Plus, it will take like two matches to earn enough XP to upgrade it.
  • Jesus fecking Christ. You mean I've been downloading this for over two days now and I don't actually have any frigging ammo? I must have downloaded the entire internet by now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was supposed to invade an enemy base. I got wiped out. Because I had no shells. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • I sense a disturbance in the farce.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I guess I could spend real money on shells.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Or not.
  • Can I at least rig big loudspeakers on the outside of my tank and put the fear of God into the enemy with my appalling taste in music?
  • You don't have to buy shells you blithering dolts, at least not with real monies. You need to upgrade whichever light tank it is that had come equipped with the 50 cal to a larger gun.
  • g.man wrote:
    Can I at least rig big loudspeakers on the outside of my tank and put the fear of God into the enemy with my appalling taste in music?

You ain't no fortunate one.

• Gah! Sounds like a real missed opportunity this. 
    Imagine four players in each tank. One driving. One manning the big gun. One manning the .50cal, and the fourth selecting the tunes for your tanks PA system, spotting the enemy, making tea and repairing your tank.
    Donald-Sutherland-_3061829k_zpspyryiiww.jpg

now that would be a fucking game

g.man
  • If I boot this sucker up tomorrow and all I'm presented with is a BB gun and some pram wheels I'm going to be very upset.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!