Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Haha me too.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Enjoying this but really pissed off, started chapter 3 again as
    Spoiler:
    If this doesn't fix it I'm going to be extremely pissed.

Happened to me, couldnt move the reticule once. Died and continued and it worked fine.

It won't for me,I started the whole game over again thinking maybe I'd started the cut scene holding down the stick but nope, still the same. I've now done that same part over and over god knows how many times and it's always the exact same. Really not happy.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    That bit was fine for me...

I'm home from work early so who's about for some multiplayer?

Regarding the slow-mo thing it only works for people that are in your field of vision...
  • Tempy wrote:
    It certainly can, variety helps I find. I reckon I'll enjoy MP3 but I am currently playing Diablo 3 which is just clicking for WIN. Currently would't rate it higher than 8/10 if I was to write a review, however I am grinning 10s worth of fun with it. Edit: if you're being reductive with numbers and all that. Just illustrating a point over the amount of internet wailing that has been going on over some of the reviews recently.

Oh for sure. There can be niche experiences that contain things that irritate a whole lot of people, but to that niche it is an example of the best of that style.

Anyways, I picked this up and will be playing it in a very shortly. The Rockstar covers are so pretty.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Enjoying this but really pissed off, started chapter 3 again as
    Spoiler:
    If this doesn't fix it I'm going to be extremely pissed.
    Happened to me, couldnt move the reticule once. Died and continued and it worked fine.
    It won't for me,I started the whole game over again thinking maybe I'd started the cut scene holding down the stick but nope, still the same. I've now done that same part over and over god knows how many times and it's always the exact same. Really not happy.

Xbox or PS3?
  • (LA Noire was my favourite game last year, in spite of its issues that I didn't give two shits about.)
  • Fixed. I use southpaw so I switched back to default and it worked. Still a stupid thing not to code for, you'd expect more from Rockstar.
  • Southpaw is what?
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • In that case, when your in control of
    Spoiler:
  • Southpaw is what?

When you switch the sticks. I use right stick for movement and left for aim whereas default is vice versa. I blame Turok. But don't tell him as he's dangerous.
  • Ah right. I remember having a lot of fun with the first Turok.
  • The first Turok was awesome! I see it as kinda a silent hill prequel with Dino's coming from the fog not babies or nurses.
  • That was the second game I got for the N64, and between it and Mario 64, it felt like a huge leap from the last generation. Haven't had that feeling since...
  • Aside from Halo:CE I'd agree, which is a terrible shame.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm in the crew, only another 22 members to go to unlock a crew challenge!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Southpaw?

That's even worse than being left handed, you dirty heathen.
  • How dare you! Southpaw is the future for all those with weird hands!! You should see me play Halo using the claw!
  • Wow the animation is really something in this, eh?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    So this is basically Man on Fire 'The Game'.

Also, playing it like Vanquish isn't working out too well. lol! Should i be using cover more often (never played Max Payne before so dunno)?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Go on then I'll put it out there...

...the 360 has just found its Naughty Dog! The animation in multiplayer is the best I've yet seen and I'm thinking that pulling off a shoot-dodge* save could be the best gaming experience yet!

*...don't confuse shoot-dodge with Bullet-time, BT doesn't unlock until level 6 and then it's a selectable burst.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What's a shoot-dodge then? A dive? Does that slow down time too?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What's a shoot-dodge then? A dive? Does that slow down time too?
    Yep that's it, bullet-time is a different thing entirely but similar!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    It's okay, i've figured out why the controls seemed a little non-responsive - you need to turn off 'Target Slowdown' and 'Target Tracing'.

Now i can move and shoot freely. Dunno why R* felt it necessary to put in so many assists. Fuckin stupid. Play it properly peons!
  • I'm really enjoying this. The presentation is beautiful. A little harder than i was expecting.
  • Curtis wrote:
    It's okay, i've figured out why the controls seemed a little non-responsive - you need to turn off 'Target Slowdown' and 'Target Tracing'. Now i can move and shoot freely. Dunno why R* felt it necessary to put in so many assists. Fuckin stupid. Play it properly peons!
    Yeah, free aim or bust.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I started the campaign on Hard so I wonder if a lot of the aim assists were off by default for me?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    rickjoyce wrote:
    Curtis wrote:
    It's okay, i've figured out why the controls seemed a little non-responsive - you need to turn off 'Target Slowdown' and 'Target Tracing'. Now i can move and shoot freely. Dunno why R* felt it necessary to put in so many assists. Fuckin stupid. Play it properly peons!
    Yeah, free aim or bust.

Free Aim + those 2 turned off means it plays like a proper shooter.
  • Getting hang of the shoot dodge and slow motion shooting is making this very, very fun. Jumping straight into enemies is working best for me. You knock them down when and can then stomp and shoot them when they're on the ground. Great fun. And so violent.
  • And the folks worried about this being overly bright are definitely not going to be disappointed. The whole thing has basically been in the muck and shadows so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!