Max Payne 3
  • Similar to Uncharted sounds good to me.

Mucho excited for tomorrow. Last shift for 10 days.

My work (HMV) will be doing a 250Gb Xbox, with a Turtle Beach XL1 headset and a copy of this for 200 banger, which is alright in my books.
  • hmm, what happened to my comment? I said this was good. It is also still is good. Very of the good.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Can you give some more details on its levels of goodness?
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Multiplayer is fun, it's like a better version of the Uncharted multiplayer. Basically still the headless chicken running round firing, but improved. It's nothing amazing, just fun. From what I can tell online, if someone uses bullet time on then it forces the slowdown upon every other player. No online pass Kernowgaz :)
    I was under the impression that activating bullet time speeds up your character by 50% and slows down anyone within viewing distance by 50%.

I'm not sure if this is right though. I swear I read that somewhere or someone mentioned it here.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Can you give some more details on its levels of goodness?

It is relentless shooting and not a great deal more. I think its something you'll love or hate. The shooting really is rather brilloz. The detail in the levels is pretty amazing, especially in the later levels when there are a lot of NPC running about. Its all very convincingly put together.

The cinematic editing style is a little too much but you get used to it and, once used to it, its a good way to portray the drunkenness or hangoverererness of Maxy Pain. Its like one big giant erection aimed towards Tony Scott.
  • CVG gave it 8 out of 10, I only bring this up because I follow the guy who wrote it on twitter and following his coverage of the reactions people have has to it has been quite amusing. People get so gucking precious over games, it is quite hilarious.

Looking forward to giving this a rent.
  • 7/10 is a bit riddick though.
  • Well au wouldn't know as I've not played it but they gave it 8...
  • Was talking about Edge's 7
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is there anywhere that says what we can expect from DLC for this? If I have a rough idea of what's involved I'll grab the season pass tonight as I've added some points so that I have the 2400 needed, I'm just a little reluctant on spending £20 on it if it's going to be more perks etc than maps...
  • Im loving this but im pretty sure I have zero interest in the DLC (and only partly because I dont have xbox gold). Saving my points for Harley Quim
  • Subbax wrote:
    Multiplayer is fun, it's like a better version of the Uncharted multiplayer. Basically still the headless chicken running round firing, but improved. It's nothing amazing, just fun. From what I can tell online, if someone uses bullet time on then it forces the slowdown upon every other player. No online pass Kernowgaz :)
    I was under the impression that activating bullet time speeds up your character by 50% and slows down anyone within viewing distance by 50%. I'm not sure if this is right though. I swear I read that somewhere or someone mentioned it here.

That could be it. I couldn't quite work out what it was.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Sent a crew request, shame I'm not in it as it currently has no stats whatsoever!

Sorry, the site is kind of a dog. Hopefully, I've invited you now. Went with a rental, been burned by optimism twice recently. Disc was scratched already somehow and it's being returned.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Enjoying this but really pissed off, started chapter 3 again as
    Spoiler:
    If this doesn't fix it I'm going to be extremely pissed.
  • Oh great,you can't choose a checkpoint or even the beginning of a level itself on a level you've begun but not finished. So it's back to the end of chapter 2 where upon completion I bet it brings me back to the main menu. That's fucking stupid.
  • Yep, so do I really want to start the game all over again just to be in the same position again?
  • three1ne wrote:
    Can you give some more details on its levels of goodness?
    It is relentless shooting and not a great deal more. I think its something you'll love or hate. The shooting really is rather brilloz. The detail in the levels is pretty amazing, especially in the later levels when there are a lot of NPC running about. Its all very convincingly put together. The cinematic editing style is a little too much but you get used to it and, once used to it, its a good way to portray the drunkenness or hangoverererness of Maxy Pain. Its like one big giant erection aimed towards Tony Scott.

The story/ visual loveliness combined with a full on shooty experience sounds like my kind of thing. Will be getting this in a couple of hours so I will know then.
  • And I think reviews are generally worthwhile if they can communicate that fans of such a style or genre would enjoy, in spite of the problems perceived by the reviewer. Edge does this well.
  • They just do forums fucking terrible like.
  • Yeah, 7 for a well polished game that does one thing over and over and over and over and over again for 7-9 Hours is not a bad score.
  • That may or may not be a problem. Sometimes single-minded created stuff can be most enjoyable. I'll know in a bit, I guess.
  • It certainly can, variety helps I find. I reckon I'll enjoy MP3 but I am currently playing Diablo 3 which is just clicking for WIN. Currently would't rate it higher than 8/10 if I was to write a review, however I am grinning 10s worth of fun with it.

Edit: if you're being reductive with numbers and all that. Just illustrating a point over the amount of internet wailing that has been going on over some of the reviews recently.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Enjoying this but really pissed off, started chapter 3 again as
    Spoiler:
    If this doesn't fix it I'm going to be extremely pissed.

Happened to me, couldnt move the reticule once. Died and continued and it worked fine.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I was going to rent this but THEY RECORDED THEIR DASTARDLY PLOT AND LEFT THE FILM REEL SITTING AROUND. Fuck it.
  • Come on, that shit is Team Bondi's to own.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Is it fuck. Rockstar finished that game and had every opportunity to not include a clunker the sensors on Voyager would have heard.
  • Are they bad sensors or far away? Installing.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    as of February 2012, Voyager is the farthest man-made object from Earth
  • Sorry, thought you were talking about Star Trek!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!