Max Payne 3
  • Webbins wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Without asking? These women that come bearing games, where do you get them?
    It was to make up the the fact she'd left our brand new car sitting outside in the street all day with the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked. Sure you still want one?
    It all evens out, mine can't drive so no danger there.

Mine even moaned when I got from Lovefilm !!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • The last chapter is seriously fucking good. Soundtrack is right on. Good ending. Overall a very enjoyable game. A little bit too hard for me at times, but by the end I was operating at peak efficiency and killing flair. Nicely old style shooting fun, with some really stunning animation and visuals.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • The unlockable cheats look worth an eye. Unlimited bullet-time would be fun.
  • Ohh, didnt know there were unlockable cheats?! Im going through on hard now, after completing medium. Its less difficult that I would have thought (whilst going through it 1st time on medium). Loving it.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Yeah I went through the first three chapters again last night, and I had an even better time playing them. I was pulling off crazy moves that I wouldn't even attempt first time. Especially on the stadium level. Diving down whole flights of stairs and turning and twisting so I take out every guard on the way down is one of the purest fun videogame experiences I've had.

The unlockables are done through doing the grind - mini achievement things. Golden Guns / Clues / Grinds all unlock cheats. Unlimited bullet time, unlimited pain killers, that kind of thing. They are really encouraging repeated play. It actually seems far less narrow an experience now that I've completed it. The desire to go back and play through sections and be super creative is high. It has quite a lot in common with Uncharted - which I love - but it definitely is closer to Vanquish combat wise. Uncharted really doesn't allow for all that much experimentation in combat, but this really does. And that's awesome. All down to if you like shooters I guess.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm on Hard and parts of it are certainly living up to the name...

Spoiler:
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I wasn't sure at first, mainly cause it hadn't quite clicked, and i (unknowingly) played the first 3-4 chapters with the awful Target Tracking and Slowdown on, but now i'm nearing the finale, i can say this is about as good as it gets!

Love it!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've been playing this with free aim and I'm loving it.
  • Seems like that the weird control method for scoped weapons is a bug that occurres if you have controls set to inverted. Annoying. 

Getting close to completing this on hard. All kinds of super fun.
  • Finished it this evening. I quite enjoyed the campaign, it's well detailed, I found Max far more endearing than most leads for games like this. The score ramps up excellently as it goes on and I'd say the sound design in general is top notch.
    Now why I'm glad I rented.
     I was really looking forward to going back to see the arcade modes and New York minute. Sadly, these aren't proper arcade modes as you're forced to watch almost all the cutscenes in their entirety which makes New York minute impossible to put up with. Simple mistake, that I bet they won't fix. They've crafted a fine multiplayer game too, with the same piss poor matchmaking featured in every R* game. You're constantly being put against Americans and this is a game where every second counts, blink and you die. the only way to take out American players is behind their backs like a dog. So, a lot of missed opportunities. Seriously, though I would be all over this MP if they could just get that simple thing right. A bit disappointing then but certainly worth a rental for the campaign. It's my favourite Tony Scott movie after Top Gun.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • I may be wrong about this but aren't the cut-scenes required to cover up the loading times?
  • I have been collecting the clues and golden guns, and knocking off some of the grinds and trophies. Everything is laid out specifically to help replaying the game. Every chapter is divided by checkpoint, you can tweak the difficulty and check all of the things you collected and failed to. It even lays out the name of the clues so you can know what to look for! Enjoying this so much more second time around. I'm on Chapter 6 now and the fight in the office is so bloody great when you have full confidence in your abilities. I was diving, rolling with bullet time, ducking and jumping over stacks of files to bring down ultimate carnage on these misguided motherfuckers.

And yeah looking forward to giving the Arcade modes a go tomorrow. Seems perfect for the high score crowd.
  • I read this elsewhere and it seems to be pretty accurate from what I've seen.

"Yup. The greatest thing is that most of the time those movies aren't actually loading shit, and the unskippable restrictions are put in there on purpose. Check out Chapter 4. If you start on Checkpoint 1, you have to watch the entire movie (which is almost 10 minutes), and you get the message "Still loading" if you try to skip it. The cutscene ends at the start of Checkpoint 2, which is when gameplay begins. If you start the level at checkpoint 2, you only have to sit through a brief and reasonable loading screen. The "still loading" message on the movie that runs from Checkpoint 1 to Checkpoint 2 is fake. There's absolutely no reason you can't skip that movie."
  • Spoiler:
  • Aren't the cut scenes running while the game is loading into memory?
  • I think usually if that takes up to 5-10 minutes, something is quite wrong.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    finished this at 7am this morning, really enjoyed it and gonna start score attack and new york minute.
    with a sprinkling of mp. 
    then a hard run thru.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • This is an addictive experience. I recommend everyone who kind of enjoyed it upon completion but isn't quite sure, to play the first few chapters through again. Confidence and focus that you have acquired by the end of the game makes the rest of it a hundred times more fun. That stadium level and jumping down ALL of the stairs is just fantastic. Playing the office level again, and the second to last combat scene, where you are surrounded, is one I died on a dozen times first time around. But now that I was only using cover to set up another jump, they all went down quickly. And it really is incredibly pretty.
  • What if you're a renegade badass like me who dived down ALL OF THE STAIRS on his first go? Huh? WHAT'S LEFT FOR ME?
  • To do it perfectly and destroy all enemies while in air and be a terrible badass.
  • I can't play this so I'm watching Hard Boiled tonight.
  • Good call. I watched Man On Fire last night.
  • I watch Man on Fire holding my BB gun.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    And I'm thinking of buying and playing this, rather than watching A Bittersweet Life again, but here's my question to everyone who has - is it bittersweet enough?
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You should know there is no-one cooler than Lee Byung-hun.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I do know that. He's also very pleasing to the eye. Max, well, not so much. But maybe there's room in my life for both beauty and the beast.

Thank you Curtis, in some unforeseen way you said exactly what I needed to hear. 

Placing order... now.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I think you'll be happy.
  • Score Attack or whateverz is quite good. Like the HUD. Just got a platinum on my first go which was quite satisfying. Also some sexy cheats available once you complete the ingame achievements. 

The cheats are viewable by going into Story>Chapter Select
  • How do you start a crew?
  • How do you start a crew?

Hang out on low walls, clicking your fingers and swigging liquor from a bottle in a brown paper bag?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!