Max Payne 3
  • Am weak. Have bought. Boom.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just rented it Seeing as I've no Minecraft tonight. Problem is, I've realised the Xbox I've borrowed doesn't have a hdmi port so I'm screwed unless I can dig my old VGA lead from wherever the frig it may be. I really should have checked all this before hand.
  • I picked it up this afternoon, not sure that was wise. Gun play hasn't clicked at all, I keep on wishing I was playing it with a mouse. Apart from the shooting, there isn't much else than a very pretty interactive movie.
  • If you want to join the crew, I think you have to accept the invite I send back after you've requested. Stupid.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • After a disappointing couple of opening chapters, it got better, and the end of act 1 was quality. Once I got dual-wielding I was clearing rooms with ease, almost.

Multiplayer was good. Would be much better with a group of familiars. Anyone up for some tomorrow lunchtime?
  • Another keeper for me. Can sit alongside Arkham City.

Just completed Max Payne tonight. Decent enough ending I thought. Didnt feel lacking, which is always a worry in games like this. 

I really enjoyed this. Will give it a couple of days and go through it again on hard mode which will probably lead to a few controllers being thrown against the wall.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • It's quite difficult to get through each section. I'm really enjoying it, but it's quite a change to how games are usually played these days. Max is an appealing fellow and the locations are lovely. I feel there is a secret to combat which I am not quite picking up. I am definitely more successful when I go really full on and aggressive. Kind of a Vanquish situation ? Cover does seem to be needed, very briefly inbetween jumps though, to reload or what-have-you.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • I suppose all of you are on X-Box, but if anyone wants to do some MP on PS3 give me a shout.
  • I think my strategy was to shoot from cover, clearing out a couple of guards then using the now filled bullet time metre to charge/dive/be soupa coolz in dispensing the rest.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I have to remember to take advantage of the space, which is something I am always failing to do in these kinds of games. When I start to move around the area - especially the office - I can divide the bastards and gun them down. Those kill cams are brutal.
  • So yeah, I can see how and why this might not appeal to a wide audience, as far as its central gameplay goes. But I am very glad it exists, and think it's going to be one of my favourite experiences this year.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    if anyone wants to do some MP on PS3 give me a shout.

hello.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Enjoyed the mp last night with Frantico and Joycie. I think it works quite well, takes a few games to bed in, but there is a thrill to the shoot-outs. Opens up a lot more when you unlock custom loadouts, striking a balance of weight with perks, weapons and armour. Bodes well for GTA's mp.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh it isn't bad. Not sure it has much legs but was a lot of fun. Deathmatch was much better with fewer people, there was a nice flow to it.

SP seems ok, but not amazing. Glad I rented it, but am kinda tempted to trade some stuff in and buy it before the mp fizzles out.
  • How on earth do you take down the big fuckers with the LMG's? Even winning multiple Last Man Standings with them does nothing. Thought going in for a melee kill would do it. Nope.
  • Go for a headshot. I'm not sure if you need to win a few Last Man Standings first though.

@Dave: I'll add you in a bit!
  • It is a very narrow game, to be sure. Don't mean that as a negative. But yeah it is super focused on one thing - the combat. At the moment it is combining well with the story - playing on Medium - but I could see on harder difficulty it might not. And the story is very enjoyable, Max is a really appealing character and the world is really detailed and nice to be a part of.
  • Very interesting to play a Rockstar game which is this single-minded actually, as most everything they've done has been intentionally broad, hitting as many genres as they could.
  • And I do think you'd enjoy this Tempy! And yeah, taking the Soft Lock/Hard Lock off actually helps with the difficulty funnily enough. You need the freedom of movement to deal with the number of enemies.
  • Max has stopped in the middle of a riot to watch some TV. Chapter X is bloody brilliant.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Max has stopped in the middle of a riot to watch some TV. Chapter X is bloody brilliant.

iv been watching all the tv shows i can, there mental.

its a bit full on, but bloody brilliant.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Hard is not incredibly difficult, there are some spikes needing multiple restarts, being liberal with the ShootDodge eventually gets you through. There are two more difficulty levels above hard, so I imagine it ramps up a bit. Enjoying the cinematic stylings of the sp, the visual jiggery pokery is managing to stay the right side of annoying. Oozes Rockstar's flair for detail.
  • I added you there Davie.

I'm dying quite a lot, but when I manage to combine the right amount of slow motion, jumping and dodging, I can clear a room with no problem. I'm still trying to get the ratios down, and I'm a slouch at moving when I should. Enjoying the hell out of it. Nothing nicer than finishing off a section with a clobber to the noggin and an execution style kill.
  • Max isn't exactly Usain Bolt when you thumb the sprint button, his speed whilst crouching is quite sloth like too. The Last Chance is a nice touch, although it can be troublesome when facing the wrong way to your executioner and you wrestle to get a bead on him before you fade out. The empty click of a spent mag is a mixture of lol and woe in this situation.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The missus came home and handed me a copy of this, which was nice.

Not sure if I'll be on for MP tonight but I'll try.
  • Without asking? These women that come bearing games, where do you get them?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Mine came home from Asda and told me it was £35 but didn't get it me because I'd rented it.

Stupid rental mutter mutter
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Without asking? These women that come bearing games, where do you get them?

It was to make up the the fact she'd left our brand new car sitting outside in the street all day with the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked.

Sure you still want one?
  • Webbins wrote:
    Max isn't exactly Usain Bolt when you thumb the sprint button, his speed whilst crouching is quite sloth like too. The Last Chance is a nice touch, although it can be troublesome when facing the wrong way to your executioner and you wrestle to get a bead on him before you fade out. The empty click of a spent mag is a mixture of lol and woe in this situation.

I think the trick is knowing when to stay on the ground after a dive, and being able to dispatch people on your back. Works really, really well.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Without asking? These women that come bearing games, where do you get them?

It was to make up the the fact she'd left our brand new car sitting outside in the street all day with the keys in the ignition and the door unlocked.

Sure you still want one?
    It all evens out, mine can't drive so no danger there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!