Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I told her to tell you that.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Just watched A few mp videos. It looks terrible, usual rockstar headless chicken shoot out. I predict it will be played for 1 night, then 3 more out of desperation. I'm out.
    That's kind of what I like about it. It's like playing with sticks as guns when you're a kid, everyone just running around like mentalists. I actually think Max Payne will turn out like the end of St. Elsewhere, all inside the mind of an autistic child.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    People up for this then? If it was a Remedy Max Payne I'd be all over it, giving it the Rockstar treatment sounds shit. What was the last non-open word game they made? Manhunt 2?
  • Can't wait for this. Just bought a copy for myself and metagonzo :)
  • Whats not to like? This looks full on sensation. Ordered mine from Tesco for £32. If it turns up before Fri ill do a slo mo jizzlosion whilst in mid air.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Selling point for me was the original voice actor coming back.
  • If there's a satisfying, gritty, noire-drenched single player game in here I'll bite, even though I care not for shooting endless suited guys in slo mo.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm kind of glad my disc drive is fucked, otherwise I suspect I'd by swept up by the forum hype and get it anyway.

No doubt it'll turn out to be awesome online and I'll spend Saturday frantically searching the local area for somewhere that does repairs....

Edit: I'm really not sure about the slow down thing. My game slowing down every 5 seconds sounds beyond annoying.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I'm really not sure about the slow down thing. My game slowing down every 5 seconds sounds beyond annoying.
    That + lag = Paul the suicidal.
  • So reviews are generally very positive with lots of praise for the main story. I still think this will be a rental only...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Immediate link to better review than Edge to replenish my hype bone.

Please.
  • Stop fannying about with franchises that no one gives a fig for R* and go make that Pirate game I want.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Reviews

Guardian

IGN

The Verge

Edge

Joystiq

Lots of 9's. Rockstar have a lot of cash for coke and hookers hell of a PR department apparently, remember all those great reviews for LA Noire?
  • Am not liking the distortion effects shit that seems to be constantly going on in the cutscenes one bit
    Live & PSN: bombproofduck
  • Reading between the "Rockstar spends shitloads on advertising here guys, polish the review so it shines nicely" lines this looks pretty average. As I_R said, the reviews for LA Noire were like this, and suddenly three weeks later you couldn't find a piece that said anything nice about it.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    As I'm somewhat excited about this, I've set up a crew:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bear_badger_bullet  

Somewhat annoying restrictions on crew names and tags led to that but it's the best I could come up with. If anyone has a better idea, fire it up and I'll end this one; it only takes a sec.

Obviously Rossi and I will be on PC and I realise that it's likely to be the minority platform by some margin. That said, I don't think there's anything stopping people from different platforms joining the same crew and with GTA V hopefully not too far in the future it'd be nice to have the B&B folks in one spot.

Edit: For some reason that link won't take you to the crew page, not sure what I'm doing wrong. If you search for Bear Badger Bullet that should work fine.
    Also please note that the rather sorry excuse for an emblem is there just so it's not the default one instead. I'm about as artistically inclined as a rotting donkey so someone else is welcome to give it a go if they fancy.

Edit2: Now the link works *shrug*
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Theres a quicklook up on GiantBomb which shows the gameplay pretty well and doesn't seem to be spoilertastic for those that are interested.
  • Definitely going to rent this one.
  • Started watching that but looks like its basically giving away the first part of the game. I am full excite.
  • Looking forward to playing this. Looks like a good follow-up to greatly enjoying Uncharted 2, which I finished the other week.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • I'm jumping through that Giant Bomb video. Looks very pretty indeed. Set to be a ridiculously gory and fun time.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The first 2 were wank. Well, I played one of 'em, I doubt there's much difference.
  • The people being retweeted on Rockstar's twitter feed seem to like it.
  • Been playing this with a mate this evening, here's my first impression after completing the first part of the game (first five-six levels) - Or approximately 4 hours of gameplay.

Rockstar has done a lot to maintain the character that defined the last two games, but at the same time tweaked it to fit a shooter anno 2012 (which also includes a very linear story). The shooting, which for me is 90% of Max Payne, is excellent. One of the best out there at the moment. Initially, the way Max moves around might seem a little weird, using a control that seems more like Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV than Max Payne. But as soon as it "clicks", it will result in some pretty insane shootouts.

Rockstar are much more generous with Bullet Time than Remedy ever were, which is great news for me. For the enemy, not so much.

One thing I do not like, is that Rockstar decided to keep the health system from the previous games, eating painkillers doesn't suit the game the same way it did 10 years ago. Yes, it does add more nerve to the shootouts, but I'd prefer if the developers decided to reward hazardous play rather than punish it.

The 4-5 hours we played, I figured out Max Payne 3 is cinematic, stylish, dark and bloody awesome action-wise. Definitely worth experiencing. 30% into the game, it might be a little soon to say, but I dare to state that Rockstar's done it again.

So far I'd say this is a [9].
  • Plornt wrote:
    Rockstar are much more generous with Bullet Time than Remedy ever were, which is great news for me. For the enemy, not so much.

I love you, Plornt.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    google wrote:
    Plornt wrote:
    I love you, Plornt.

i thought you were married dean. ;) 

few folks on my friendslist playing this, bloody yanks have me excited for it.
    also plornt, thats just the kinda thing i wanna hear/read.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!