defiance mmo for ps3, 360 and pc
  • I feel like I've been patching this for longer than I've played it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Think there's a bug with the recent patch installer. Irony. Says some people are having to re install game. I had to last night.

I watched to whole of Dead Mans Shoes in the time it took to patch.
  • Yup, happened to me. So it patched everything, then crashed.
  • 15mins of patches now, at least he patch notes haves bit of humour to them.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    To be fair, as much as the patching frustrates, the game has improved loads since release.
  • Do the Arkfalls always complete now?
  • Best the bit of advice for a noob ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Ive just installed this again, just gotta patch it up. Heard you can now replay all the episodes from season 1. I missed a few
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • RetroGam3r wrote:
    Ive just installed this again, just gotta patch it up. Heard you can now replay all the episodes from season 1. I missed a few

Just got the Ps3 version , is it worth watching the tv show ? And where ?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    Just got the Ps3 version , is it worth watching the tv show ? And where ?
    its an alright sci fi show, doesnt add a huge amount except the special tv show related missions really. You can watch em on um torrents or im sure it would be a uk catch up service. Im on PS3 as well
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I really enjoy the show. Project Free TV is where I've been watching it.
  • This reminds me of State of Decay in many respects.
    I.e. it's incredibly rough around the edges but you overlook the shoddyness and its kind of compelling.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Best the bit of advice for a noob ?

The weapon modding is not explained very well. 
    You get a weapon and a mod. BUT you have to add mod slots to that weapon if it doesn't have any slots already. When you do add a slot it is one type (stock, sight, barrel, magazine) chosen at random. So you might have a mag mod and it could take four attempts at adding a mod slot before you can actually install that mag mod. 
    Also you can't mod a weapon you have equipped. 

So far the game is fairly easy, not really finding any crazy difficulty spikes except for when you encounter some enemy types alone.
  • Where is the long term draw of this?
    Because I was playing, admittedly, a long time yesterday and I have found a couple of weapons that are allowing me to compete already.
     I even, very nearly, managed to take out a bug ark fall mission solo.
    So I am kinda wondering how its going to long-term MMO me.
    Are some of the missions super ridiculously hard?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It does get tough solo, yes.
  • I'm assuming the difficulty does ramp up. I took on a larger Arkfall last night with what felt like about thirty other players, was quite epic. The missions are quite repetitive, but the weapons are steadily getting better and better. I'm enjoying the combat though, I picked up a jolly little infector weapon that causes spores to grow on enemies, nibbling down their health, I shall call it the bad Aids gun.

Frantic and I had a wee blast last night and should be on the neet if you're about, Panty.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    il be back on this later, Only have 4 missions left to finish the story
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Trying to download the patches again. Fingers crossed.
  • It worked for me second time.

It's odd seeing Nolan in the game.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Ive yet to see Nolan in game, Ive heard him on the tapes but never seen him. Ive got 2 episodes of the season left to watch so I may do them before doing the later episode missions.
  • Just done a couple of missions with him. It's set before the show.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I did a fair few of the missions, I missed the first lot, Which thinking about it, is probably the ones you just played. Il have to boot it up and see
  • Cheers for the advice chaps , whats everyone playing on ?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    everyones XBOX I think except me on PS3
  • Yeah, I'm Xbox. Shame this isn't cross platform.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Im pretty sure its not even all regions either? Could be wrong
  • Had guests and couldn't play tonight. I will give it another big sesh Sunday if anyone wants to co-op up.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Had fun with Webbo on this last night, after a frustrating hour of solo. Some bits are really hard alone, your shield vanishing whenever you emerge from cover.

The missions are repetitive but there's some solid shooting to be had, and the indoor Episode missions are brilliant.

I also love the battles against Monarchs, they're like old school boss battles waiting for their special attacks and rolling out of the way.

I'm officially hooked back in. Next stop, level 400. Could do with a new shotgun....
  • Aye, better now we've synchronised missions.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!