defiance mmo for ps3, 360 and pc
  • Just finished a 2hour stint. Started getting into it but after a while felt its not made for playing alone and ultimately have decided I should play more Borderlands. It's gonna be good,there's definitely some experiences to be had but I won't be jumping in. 
    Gave up when I was on the radio station mission after getting it fixed but was being told to eliminate the mutants even though there were none left. Understandable in a beta but disappointing to not be able to finish what was the best part I'd played so far. 
    In other news I think I've fucked my hip by sitting cross legged on the floor for the duration!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Ok, I have this on 360. It's currently patching. Anyone else?
  • Gah, I need more information! Would I have fought in the Pale Wars? I don't know! This stuff is important damn it!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Gonna grab it in a month or so when the servers are stable.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I still don't quite see how an MMO designed to run on runty old consoles and modern day PCs can really work all that well? I did see that TB suggested that it's mechanics seem based on quite an old school WoW derivative and, initially at least, are oddly smooched into a Borderlands game. It would appear that the two rulesets of traditional clicky clicky hot-button based questing and 3rd person shooter haven't existed together yet for a reason…early days and all that though. 
    You can't judge an MMO really 'till folks start approaching endgame, servers get stable etc.. I remember the word round here on the beta was quite positive in parts?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I finally got around to getting this. Must say all the tweets from the devs saying servers down and servers back up every 2 minutes, Isnt filling me with much confidence. I got it on PS3
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Just watched the first episode. I like it. Need to get on the game after the footie.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Just reminded me that I have the tv show to watch aswell. Seems Ive got the digital version, I could watch it as its downloading.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • First episode is 85 mins long, just to warn.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i enjoyed it too, bit predictable towards the end but still good.
    il pick them game up when its cheaper and i can afford it.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • My brother is loving this game, so I might end up picking i up for some drop-in/out co-op shiz.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    My brother is loving this game, so I might end up picking i up for some drop-in/out co-op shiz.

It's decent enough, but it was always going to suffer due to cross-platform optimisation. Some core MMO elements are glaringly bad. Still, enjoyable if you liked Borderlands or PLanetside.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I like the changes they have made from the Beta, Ammo dumps being the bestest! I quite like the way you unlock the co-op missions as you go, And the fact they are done to a much higher standard and have FMV.
    Sucks im all on my own though.

Need to watch the tv show aswel as I didnt realise they do a special mission based on the show after it aires for one week. Whether its a chance to play the episode your own way or goes into more detail remains to be seen.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Alot of love from me too. Whilst it lacks Borderlands style, the classes and co-op are/is actually relevant. Having a guy sniping and a shotty guy tanking works brilliantly.

Loving it, can't wait to get back online this weekend. Enjoyed the TV show too.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I see on PSN the season pass is out for 32 quid. Claiming to give you all 5 dlc packs including a new alien race,vehicles and weapons. I still need to get around to the tv show. I keep going to put it on then decide to play the game instead!

And is it me or is the game harder since the Beta? Im dying a lot and always need assistance. Loving the changes though, Its like a new game again
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    enjoyed the first episode and sky+'d the second, its a bit predictable and cheesy but im fine with that for now.
    need to pick up the game, might see if @knuckle wants to go halves.

so much backlog for now though.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    I see on PSN the season pass is out for 32 quid. Claiming to give you all 5 dlc packs including a new alien race,vehicles and weapons. I still need to get around to the tv show. I keep going to put it on then decide to play the game instead!

And is it me or is the game harder since the Beta? Im dying a lot and always need assistance. Loving the changes though, Its like a new game again

Yeh some of it is pretty tough solo, but I guess they're hoping you'll play alot with people. I need a sniper team mate.

• Frantic, what console you on?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Xbox. I've not been on this week as I'm away on holiday.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Did you get The Witcher 2 back?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dunno chap. When did you send it? You're buying Defiance this weekend right?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Last Sunday I think. I don't think I've got the time at the minute mush, I don't think I've played the Xbox since last Thursday.

Been watching the tv show though. It's pretty shit but I like it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just do it mush.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Finally got all 120 ARK codes registered. Havent seen any sign of the unlocks in game yet though? I'm hearing the last patch that came out on PC and 360, was a mess and buggered up the servers for a while. And its due to hit the PS3 on the 29th. Much to say PS3 players are hoping its a better patch!

Watched the first lot of episodes, while it is a bit cheesy, It is very watchable. Apparently they are gonna start doing loads of game tie ins within the show, like hidden messages, timed free unlocks etc. So far I haven't seen any missions from the show or any characters in the show in the game? All though all the male voice work within the narration is done by the main guy in the tv show.

Oh well Im still enjoying it and im only a lowly level 250 odd. Seems there's a trophy for hitting level 2500, I have some way to go!
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Ok never mind. Found out how to redeem the ARK codes in game unlocks thing. If you dont know then its a case of pressing l2 or lt on 360(for the wheel menu) then select store, then select the second from bottom "claim rewards" then click the rewards.

For the story with the show missions, they are mostly pursuits atm which once complete up your reputation. They can be found, using the wheel again and selecting goals.

Sorted!
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    PS3 version just got the big update/fix. Gonna go check it out shortly. PC and 360 had an update also
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got this for £32 on Saturday and put a couple of hours into it solo. Just did the beta bits really, but it's a bit stingy with the drops innit? There's also nowt to buy in the shops. 

Any tips on how to get the good gear? So far the side missions have given me a load of mods I can't use. Might have to do more Ark falls but they're a bastard on your Jack Jones. Shame you're on PS3 Retro, you could have joined me and Frantic tonight.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Yeah it is getting lonely over here in PS3 land. Just saw a tweet from the devs:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]New Hell Bug Content is now live in-game! Elemental Hellbug Arkfalls, new pursuits, and new contracts![/font]
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's not much busier on Xbox to be honest. From here I mean, there are plenty of randoms mucking about but fuck that noise.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I have it where purple dots are showing but no actual players on screen? I only seem to see people now at Arkfalls. Maybe the patch will fix that. Im hoping davie or subaxe will buy it as we did a bit on the beta, otherwise it is just me om FL.

As for drops btw, Ive done a fair chunk and im still struggling to get good weapons. Even the rocket launcher that shoots into a smaller explosions is nerfed and crap.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!