inFamous: Second Son
  • thanks for the offer dude - i did play a bit of 2 and it didn't draw me in, i don't think i like the setting as much, can't quite recall. what i've seen of 2nd son it looks a bit more like the first game.
  • Is there not a DLC that tells you what happened to Cole? I seem to remember something about that at launch.
  • The end of two tells you what happens to Cole and all the Mutants doesn't it?

There's some shit vampire DLC but I got pissed off with the last Boss battle and didn't finish it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Cole's Legacy is DLC - I've just finished the first mission.

I'm really enjoying dipping back into Second Son - even though the movement feels somewhat conservative after Sunset Overdrive.

EDIT - maybe haven't unlocked enough powers yet.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • played a bit of First light last night, slapped hard in the face with the fact this is my 2nd/3rd PS4 game, it looks lovely.
  • Yeah, I'd forgotten how purty current-gen Infamous can be. Who knew Sucker Punch had it in them.
  • Cole's Legacy is DLC - I've just finished the first mission. I'm really enjoying dipping back into Second Son - even though the movement feels somewhat conservative after Sunset Overdrive. EDIT - maybe haven't unlocked enough powers yet.

Oh, it gets much more exaggerated. Neon and video bring with them crazy flying and map crossing abilities. The one disappointment is concrete. Pointless addition that comes at the very end.
  • Yeah - unlocked limitless running with neon over the weekend. Felt more fluid.

Immense fun, if somewhat by the numbers when it comes to tackling each district.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • quite liked getting some of the movement abilities with Fetch and collecting all the neon thingys floating around. some base platforming enjoyment for me there with all the double jumping and dashing. nearly collected everything but no missions done.... kinda fun so far but not sure i like the characters that much. just like infamous 1!
  • I've collected everything and done one mission. Enjoyed those lum races, SS would have been improved by having something similar. Also Fetch > Beanie-man.
  • yeah i get that impression - maybe if i see SS for real cheap like.
  • I don't see the beauty you all talk of. It looks bland, uninspired, a little disheartening to me. I also found the feeling of momentum and super hero uber strengths rather lacking too. I may go back during the summer drought but I'm that far from being bothered about it all that i'm not even sure I want to take up 10gigs of my hd for this months PS+ offering.
  • well there maybe be a total generic art-stlye to it all, but my point is that its still a huge leap from what i'm used to, fidelity wise at least.

quite enjoying the game, just got a few more powers. i'm not 'committed' to any SP games at the mo, might look into second son.
  • Open world games are by there nature harder to make look totally amazing due to the lack of scripting and direction but it can look stunning.. it's a deffo step up in terms of detail and sharpness.
    The Forum Herald™
  • not quite what i mean - inFamous is going for a more 'photorealistic' style, as opposed to say the cartoon look of sunset overdrive.

i can't look at a screenshot of infamous and immediately recognise it.
  • I was kind of answering @yourfavouriteuncle.
    The Forum Herald™
  • god forbid i join in a discussion on a forum.
  • Lol. You seemed to directly reference my comment.

I was just clarifying that my comment was a direct reference to another comment.

The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Open world games are by there nature harder to make look totally amazing due to the lack of scripting and direction but it can look stunning.. it's a deffo step up in terms of detail and sharpness.

Yeah, I get that but I still don't see it.  GTAv is open world and I almost can't concentrate on what I'm meant to be controlling as it just looks so pretty.  Admittedly, infamous probably has a 20th of the budget of GTAV but, still.  
    I find it very very drab and generic to view. The whole design and gameworld just feels so soul-less and I t just isn't a place I feel I want to spend any time in.  Everything about my experience with the game has been just about fine and sadly no more.

As I say, I may retry in a few months and see if my opinion changes.
  • Ah yes. GTAs art direction is second to none.. but then presuambly that's what Seattle looks like?
    The Forum Herald™
  • [font=Open Sans', sans-serif]Sucker Punch's sublime superhero sandbox inFAMOUS: Second Son is available at a low, low price on the European PlayStation Store this week. In an attempt to take advantage of inFAMOUS: First Light's spell in the Instant Game Collection, platform holder Sony has announced that you can pick up Delsin Rowe's next-gen escapade for just £15.99 until 4th February.[/font]
    The Forum Herald™
  • Looking for this thread to comment.  Turns out I started it 11 years ago. Fucking time, eh.

My new PS5 is letting me catch up with the PS4 games that I missed, which is all of them.   I figured that I'd be better to play this before Spider-man as I'd never enjoy it afterwards. 

I enjoyed this, like I've enjoyed the previous games in the series. They always seem to be lacking something that would elevate them but zipping about the city and the various powers are fun.  Dunno if we'll ever see another Infamous again but I'd be up for it, should one appear.
  • I really loved this game. I skipped 2 but got back on board with First Light (did you play that?)

Second Son had a great villain - can't remember their name now but remember absolutely hating them.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!