inFamous: Second Son
  • Yeah, 'twas a great set-piece.
  • Its a fantastic looking game but they have done bugger all to mix things up apart from being able to use different powers.I am having a lot of fun with it but the story is pants, the gameplay is solid and very fluid.

I have done all the side missions and collectables in the first half of the city, the neon power is great when you get the infinite run. The city just feels dead, there is nothing going on I guess gta 5 has spoiled us in that regard.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx

• Getting from a to b and wrecking some stuff, youtube is so slow so might take awhile to view it in 1080p.
  • Played a bit more this morning.
    It's a bit by the numbers, there's some wafty animation and the scenery traversal is a bit poor at times.
    But it really is amazing looking and really fun.
    Even enjoyed the first 'boss' fight.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Fun is certainly the best word to describe this.  Graphics are lovely, the story has been ok and it us had some great set pieces.  

Just got neon.  Soooooooo pretty...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Looks great, I'm sure the gameplay's fine, I'm just not convinced it has enough to tempt me, and I liked the second a lot. At least with a new Uncharted you feel like its a whole new adventure, different locales et al; this doesn't, at least from what I've seen.
  • I tried to get into inFamous and inFamous 2 and never managed it. This may be because I had more, better games at the time.
    Nevertheless, I can actually see me playing Second Son.
  • I haven't played the previous Infamouseseseseses so this is going well for me. Enjoyable scooting about the place, I'm looking forward to the new powers.
    The only thing that annoys me about some of these games is how they haven't seemed to have learnt from Crackdown back in the day. Give me heaps of shit to find! Cram those rooftops with hidden goodies, make it worthwhile for me to climb all the way up there or over there. They could have done it easy too, just split the shards up and make me find shard pieces on the rooftops. Done. Added a heap of fun to moving about the place.

Still enjoying it though! Looks crazy good at times too. Also can't wait to see what Naughty Dog pull off.
  • I found a lovely little reference to Sly Cooper when I was playing yesterday.  Made me smile.
  • You've noticed Delsin's ringtone right?
  • Not until you said that!  How did I miss that?!

Also, the neon Karmic chain power is a thing of complete beauty.
  • Should we spoiler the other powers as up to neon are the only ones that have been revealed? I just got neon, I love pulling the energy from the signs, looks so good!
  • Should we spoiler the other powers as up to neon are the only ones that have been revealed? I just got neon, I love pulling the energy from the signs, looks so good!

Might be an idea to once people start unlocking them.  Unfortunately, one of the reviews I read gave away the remaining powers...
  • Grr, stuck at annoying family dinner all day, when I really want to be expanding my neon powers.

• KNHB8cX.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Master swords in this as well, lol.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Really enjoying this. In design, it's the same old same old, but what a difference a likeable protagonist to play makes! Actually enjoying Delsin's one liners rather than just suffering Cole's po-faced attitude. It does look good though still feels more a polished PS3.5 game than true next gen, at least in the animation. It's going to benefit from the current lack of games on PS4 but it's still a really enjoyable romp so far.
  • One thing I'm getting from this that's been missing from a lot of games I've played of late....it's fun.
  • Yup, very true. There's been a lot of worthiness in single player games but this is more an indulgence. Now the powers are ramping up, I get the same feeling of freedom and mischief as all those years ago with SpiderMan 2.
  • Topped the charts as well this week.. which was nice.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The fact it was advertised while people were confused as to what exactly MGSVGZ actually was definitely helped though.
  • MGS made 2nd though which I didn't think was bad going.
  • I've seen lots and lots of adverts for Second Son which has to be a good thing for Sony to learn.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I am almost finished with a 100% completion play through and I am getting pretty fed up with this game, its amazing how little they have added to this. Its a great looking game but a very average game to play, by no means a killer app for the ps4 and the combat gets very frustrating by the end.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    TreD wrote:
    I am almost finished with a 100% completion play through and I am getting pretty fed up with this game, its amazing how little they have added to this. Its a great looking game but a very average game to play, by no means a killer app for the ps4 and the combat gets very frustrating by the end.

It only come out the other day if your near 100% then theres little wonder your tiring of it.
    But good timing as its navel strike tomorrow pal. (crosses fingers your up for it).
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • So that's it done,100% complete it has a decent end game boss fight and the ending is meh. If sucker punch make another infamous I hope they add something new to the formula because this just felt like they where treading water, I expected a lot more.
  • Maybe they'll mature in a similar way to Naughty Dog?

I kind of hope we see more colourful anthropomorphic animal games eventually though.

Edit: I sincerely hope game directors stop considering themselves story weavers as well. If your studio hasn't had a well received story in it's library, hire a damn writer.

From what I've seen though, Delsin's relationship with his brother is pretty well written.
  • I really hope they do sas, they are a really talented team but this game is just so mediocre (pure eye candy though!).
  • Guerrilla and Sucker Punch are really good for their sense of design, yet they just can't seem to put together involving narratives.
    They are polar opposites though, whereas both devs create games that are by the numbers, Sucker Punch at least bring the fun. Guerrilla don't seem to know what fun is.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Anyone feel like selling their beanie?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!