inFamous: Second Son
  • This game is making me yawn a lot. Think I should have gone the evil route, all the subduing enemies and holding back for fear of causing civilian deaths malarkey is starting to get on my tits.

But loving the neon-based world traversal. Reckon the dangling carrot of new powers will be just enough to keep me playing.
  • The third power is a bit pants, I am 50% through an evil play through and its no better the choices you make are just not interesting enough.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Doesn't sound too encouraging. I'm still enjoying it sporadically, so I'll keep tapping away at it... then trade it off Creed of Ass IV.
  • So that's a 100% run through as a bad guy and to my surprise the ending is actually pretty mean, delsin is a prick lol.
  • I'm enjoying my play through. Don't think I'll go so far as to 100% it but it's the first full release next gen game I've enjoyed. Ass creed just can't grab me and this has my attention.
  • Got thoroughly annoyed last night playing this. Some DUP areas are just flat out unfair.
    While nighttime looks amazing it's definitely better to play daytime games as you can see those damn gun turrets.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • The combat gets very frustrating as the knock back animation will get you killed quite a lot. I lost count of the times I was draining power from a source and would get knocked down and killed before the animation had played out.

Another thing that made me chuckle was the fact delsin is a super human yet he cant swim, fall into water and you get a prompt to spawn at shore (next gen!).
  • Fully upgraded Neon seems to be slightly overpowered.  Especially now I can just zoom in, hit their feet and its instant good karma.  

Managed to complete all the side missions (all the kids were sent home from school early so I had an afternoon off) today.  

I was finding the combat really frustrating but I have found it far more enjoyable once I put it on Easy...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm, impressions suggest I'm right to ignore this for now.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Unfortunately, I have downgraded from must have to inevitable PS+ release at some point. Plenty to be getting on with in MGS.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • To be honest, I can't see Sony deviating from the free Indie title route PS4 is having through PS Plus at the moment.
    Not until at least a year down the line.

You'll probably see MGSVGZ get whacked into PS Plus before inFamous due to the lower price.
  • You are probably right - that said I would still expect to see Shadowfall before long.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • I went into my local game to trade this in and they had a full shelf of pre-owned copies of this for sale already, so I can see the price dropping in a few weeks.

If you didn't play the first two infamous games I would say get this as you wont feel so jaded by how little it has changed, its a good game just not a great one.
  • Should be the quote of the gen currently.
  • Oops, 'accidentally' destroyed a lovely dino skeleton/sculpture. Probably took quite a while to make. Sorry Seattle.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's not the real Seattle, don't worry.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Speaking of the real Seattle, the lack of real grunge, or sufficently inspired grungeiness to the soundtrack is a huge missed opportunity imo. Could have been awesome.
  • Wait for the end credits and prepare to cringe, you have been warned. :p
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Stan Bush?
  • I've still been enjoying this. The story travels along at a satisfying clip and it's still fun scooting about.

I'll never tire of sapping the neon too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Scooting?!  Well I'm definitely not playing it.
  • It's definitely the most fun I've had in an open world game to be fair.
    It's just not a great game.
    Definitely better than Assassin's creed though.
  • New patch on the way allowing the player to:

- cap framerate at 30fps 
    - change time of day
    - remove HUD for lovely shiny photoing.

Eta 2 weeks.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/01/incoming-infamous-second-son-ps4-update-add-new-features/
  • I didn't see any frame rate drops and I finished the game twice, it seems bizarre that sony will now have two first party games that have included 30fps lock options.
  • It's not that it drops.

Any game with a frame rate over 30 and under 60 will have an in consistent judder when running on a 60hz screen.
    Infamous hovers at 35 moves maxes at 40, the extra frames arent particularly worth it. the 30 lock is a limiter not the other way round.

Cod ghosts is actually above 60 frames and needs to be limited down to it. (im guessing they fixed that)
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Got back into this last night, found it very enjoyable. Had a shit boss fight, but the spectacle is still really quite something.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Got back into this last night, found it very enjoyable. Had a shit boss fight, but the spectacle is still really quite something.

Finished this the other evening. I really enjoyed it, but found the Boss fights incredibly irritating. I've pretty much always loathed boss battles, but they seemed particularly intrusive in this, locking you into a battle when you've spent the rest of the game with the freedom to leave.

Meanwhile has anyone else had a go at the paper trail stuff? I've done the first part, and thought it was kind of an entertaining detour - the addition of some basic puzzle solving in the web elements is certainly a departure from the rest of the game. Equally I think I was more interested in the new character, than I was in any of the conduits in the main game.
    Spoiler:

Still, releasing them every week seems a bizarre idea. I'm not sure I can be bothered to keep checking back over the course of a month - think I would have preferred to just do it all in one sitting...

• @kneecap  Sony have been shouting from the roof tops for months about 1080p/60fps and we now have both of their big first party games (killzone and infamous) and neither of them achieve it. The main reason they are releasing the extra content on a weekly basis is to try and keep people interested so they don't just trade it in as soon as they finish it.
  • TreD wrote:
    Sony have been shouting from the roof tops for months about 1080p/60fps

Source
  • TreD wrote:
    @kneecap  Sony have been shouting from the roof tops for months about 1080p/60fps and we now have both of their big first party games (killzone and infamous) and neither of them achieve it.

They've been shouting about it in the games that have managed to achieve it. The games that have achieved it are the ones not as graphically superior as KZ and inFamous.
    KZ and inFamous both ran at unlocked frame rates, which some people don't like due to the inconsistencies it creates with button inputs and screen judder, as such they have decided to patch in the option to limit it to the lowest denominator so people can have a more consistent experience.

Once again, it is an option, the fact inFamous regularly runs above 30fps with all the lighting, it's amazing anti-aliasing and ridiculous environmental detail in an open world is commendable.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!