inFamous: Second Son
  • Well that's done it. I now have to get a ps4 and that game for that photo mode now
  • I had a go at it, and I'm rubbish.
    Some of the things people have done are insane.
    Taking pics of the missiles from helicopters amongst other things.
    There's an insane amount of detail in the little things.
    Shame the game play is do aged.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • I gone done boughted a copy on eBay.  I'm convinced it'll be on PS+ fairly early doors, but after what's been said by a few here, and those photos, I'm not waiting.
  • Much to my surprise, I'm really enjoying this. So far, it's simply good fun.
  • Enjoying this a lot more since the re-start as evil Delsin + getting my Neon back. Finding character moments are more entertaining, and the need to keep the chaotic multiplier going (seems to ratchet up a lot quicker than the good karma one) lends a more arcadey dimension to the combat.
  • Think I'm done with this for now. One normal good guy game, one expert evil dick game and all trophies earned. My first ever platinum trophy.........I'm not terribly excited about it. I'll go back to it when some dlc arrives. Transistor next.
  • Firstly thanks to Skondo for kindly lending me this.

Big fan of the second game.

It's the first thing I've played that looks properly amazing. So far I'm mostly liking it although I'm finding the Normal difficulty a bit frustrating.. not sure whether that's because I'm trying to clear out all the areas before I've done enough campaign or whether I need to adjust my tactics. I could do with some more health.

Otherwise it feels very Infamousy - the story boards are nice, there's plenty of heart in it but it's missing some of the polish of say a Naughty Dog game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Are you playing as good guy or bad guy Bob?

Good guy does make it more challenging, but bad guy is perhaps more fun. I played bad guy on expert and it was relatively straightforward, in fact it seemed easier than good guy on normal.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I hadn't played an Infamous before this one and I'm really enjoying it. I agree it's not as polished as a Naughty Dog game, but it does seem to have been positively influenced by their stuff.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Skondo wrote:
    Are you playing as good guy or bad guy Bob? Good guy does make it more challenging, but bad guy is perhaps more fun. I played bad guy on expert and it was relatively straightforward, in fact it seemed easier than good guy on normal.

Yeah I thought I'd go good on the first play and then maybe (if you're not in a rush for it back) bad for expert. I platinumed 2 so this could be possible.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Also awesome on remote play!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Looking forward to the upcoming DLC for this. Will Hopefully get my good-guy run done beforehand.
  • My OCD is kicking in now and I've got to collect everything.. Any of the trophies particularly tricky Skondo? Or is it just a case of sweeping up a few at the end?

I'm liking the general tone of the story and Devlin. It's making me laugh in places in a good way.

The neon powers are much better. Now I'm getting a few leg shots to power up the super power thingy and then dropping in with that bad boy it makes clearing out areas a lot less annoying.

How do i switch between smoke and neon?
    The Forum Herald™
  • None are particularly tricky, but there are a couple you can only do in a certain place. Sweeping up at the end as you say. Also some you will only get when you're a good boy and others only when you're evil.

You can't switch powers instantly. Find a source for the power you want to use and then drain the source to switch to that power.
  • Ah.. When I tried to suck smoke he muttered something about losing the power.. maybe that bit was fixed and now it's day again I'm free to switch at will. Prefer Neon anyway.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Annoying boss battle nearly stopped me playing. Followed by really long cut scene. I wish developers would stop to think about people who haven't got guaranteed hours at a time to play something...

Oh and I wish they'd either give you a clue if you're not making any headway on a boss battle. Or the option to just skip it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Anyone getting first light then?   I'm kinda tempted to take it for a spin.  At £12, given I've not played second son (or the earlier games in the series), it's surely worth a taster??  Or will there be spoilerz and shit?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's a prequel and the blurb refers to it being a taster for the main game (IIRC) so it should be fine.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I really enjoyed Second Son, so I will be going for First Light.
  • Got an email to say that my First Light pre-order had been cancelled due to a clerical error. Can't pre-order again and it's still showing as purchased in my transaction history. Happened to a lot of EU folks apparently.

I predict a mess when I try to buy the thing on Weds, resulting in a wait of several weeks for the boxed version. I'd been quite looking forward to it too.
  • Skondo wrote:
    I really enjoyed Second Son, so I will be going for First Light.
    Me too :)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Eurogamer's First Light review is fairly negative. Sony may have actually done me a favour and saved me some moolah by cancelling my pre-order.
  • Did you like Second Son?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Second Son is my favourite super hero game. Endlessly silly and the powers ramp up really well. Far better than the first two, neither of which I could be arsed completing.
  • So quite enjoying first light DLC.
    The Forum Herald™
  • first light free on psn+... 

I played the crap out of the first game, but none of the others. will i be missing bits of story or does it really not matter?
  • It's a separate story to the first one.. The character turns up in Second Son and it's her back story.. but if you didn't know that it's pretty stand alone.. I'd recommend playing SS first though. Should be cheap as chips now and it's pretty great.
    The Forum Herald™
  • i'm actually thinking if i like this i'll pick up second son. Is the lead in that related to COLE MCGRUFF in any way? tbh i should probably just look up a summary of 2.
  • No. It's like COLEMCGRUFF didn't happen I think.

Or it's set way in the future.. or something. Cole is never mentioned.

You should whip through 2 though - Just played It. You can have my copy if you want. Great fun. Finished it twice for the platinum.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!