Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • three1ne wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Ive had it years and never paid a penny, and there's no way it could charge you, sure you're not talking about something else?

Says on the site its a quid in year 2. They could place a block on your number if you choose not to pay after year 1 is how I guess they do it.

May be yours is permantly  free as you were using them from when they launched?

Could be that as Ive had it for a couple of years I think. Bit shite they've added that, is it a recent addition as I only put it on somebody's phone a couple of days ago and it made no mention of it?
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    It's just basically a free texting service. Afaik you cannot put multiple people into one conversation.
    As many people as you want can be in a conversation dude.

Not on the windows phone version you can't.
    Won't let me add extra people to a convo.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • But then, if games as an art form/media never *tries* to push its boundaries, how is it ever going to develop those chops?

It's not simply a case of build it and they will come though, like if the userbase isn't of a mind to be critical in the first place then all you get is the echo-chamber that's kept Kojimateam as Konami's carte-practically-blanche-spare-no-expense superasset.

Speaking of crit, I don't think I'll ever see as thorough a scholarly exercise on this topic as this.

Hand one: It's striking that the man's work is capable of prompting that kind of analysis. Like it or no, there's some investment there.

Hand other: It's very obviously analysis borne of acute frustration, both with content and wider consumer/industrial context.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    It's just basically a free texting service. Afaik you cannot put multiple people into one conversation.

That's a bit crap if so. On iPhone you just click new group and off you go. Got several groups for friends, family, clients, good way to keep in touch with a number of people at once.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:

That's a bit crap if so. On iPhone you just click new group and off you go. Got several groups for friends, family, clients, good way to keep in touch with a number of people at once.

It's annoying as for some reason my iPad refuses to acknowledge the ios Whatsapp. As such I can't DL it.
    In May I'm due a contract renewal, am going back to Android.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:

It's annoying as for some reason my iPad refuses to acknowledge the ios Whatsapp. As such I can't DL it.
    In May I'm due a contract renewal, am going back to Android.

Can't get it on any tablet without running some 'extra' software, which is a bit shite. Never really understood why.
  • Wtf whatsappinthisthread
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Whatsapp replaced the codec in Phantom Pain innit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I thought continuing it a little in here was a good way to put some distance between the last few pages and some measurement of normality. Apologies.

Back on topic the ability to role when prone on this game continues to elude me.
  • First night playing I couldn't figure out how to flip over, and couldn't figure out how to sprint.

Need to put some more time into it, but inFamous wants me to play it.

Want to get through to the daytime missions and see what this atmosphere simulator is all about.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Stop going off topic, Sas.

So nobody wants to WhatsApp me. Fuck y'all I'm leaving.
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    Space Gazelle you harp on about me being thick but I have never claimed to being an incredibly intelligent chap. I might not be as well read as some of you but I get by. You are a self important nerd. You spend weekends building PCs. But you're also an incredibly boring arse as well. As for the fake Paul account please dont think its me, do an IP check or something.
    I'm a boring arse as well? As well as Paul by any chance?

What?  You're saying I am behind the alt I take it?

You've followed me around this place for weeks now, constantly labelling me as 'thick' as well as other things.  I don't see what you're trying to achieve with all of this.

These forums are fucking awful to be quite honest and most of you will be cheering the fact that I feel I have outstayed my welcome here.  The place is nothing more than a clique and it's the same old members, making the same jokes and it's the reason why we never attract any new meat.  I give this place another year or so until it completely disappears into the abyss because we're losing members every month or so and not bringing in any new faces.  Ask yourselves why that is. 

I like a lot of you but there are so many self important fuckwits here it's unbearable these days.  WE ARE GAMERS FFS!  WE ARE NERDS AND WE USED TO BUY EDGE MAGAZINE!  Big fucking whoop.  (Apart from Elmlea who is a fighter pilot or something awesome)

RE: forum favourite Paul the sparky.  Can you imagine the outrage if Davie had a pop at someone because of their history with mental illness.  But because it's good ol' Paul it quietly slips under the radar.  "Oh no, can't call out Sparkles, he's one of us."  Pathetic really.

So yeah, fuck this place - it's a big of shite.  Petey you're lovely and thanks for creating the place but I'm done.

Good luck with everything guys.
  • Stop going off topic, Sas. So nobody wants to WhatsApp me. Fuck y'all I'm leaving.

DM me your Whatsapp ID and I'll add you you big ninny.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ta-ra.

EDIT: Yay!
  • It's about time someone stood up to Paul and his henchmen.
  • :(

Can't we all just play some games together and get along.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    But then, if games as an art form/media never *tries* to push its boundaries, how is it ever going to develop those chops?
    It's not simply a case of build it and they will come though, like if the userbase isn't of a mind to be critical in the first place then all you get is the echo-chamber that's kept Kojimateam as Konami's carte-practically-blanche-spare-no-expense superasset. Speaking of crit, I don't think I'll ever see as thorough a scholarly exercise on this topic as this. Hand one: It's striking that the man's work is capable of prompting that kind of analysis. Like it or no, there's some investment there. Hand other: It's very obviously analysis borne of acute frustration, both with content and wider consumer/industrial context.

I'm enjoying this read and also what you are trying to convey here, which I, without having played the game, agree with. For me, it's not the specific execution or context, but intent.

However, unless the industry this stuff comes from ultimately changes, which I believe can only come about with new writers, designers and developers, then this kind of content will continue. Kojima is never going to change his output, as he is raised up as a game design god, and like a lot of people who are told they are amazing, they too readily believe it.
  • I only called him thick twice. And I only built a PC once, which took all of four hours.
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    ... RE: forum favourite Paul the sparky.  Can you imagine the outrage if Davie had a pop at someone because of their history with mental illness.  But because it's good ol' Paul it quietly slips under the radar.  "Oh no, can't call out Sparkles, he's one of us."  Pathetic really.
    Oi! I thought it was a lowblow and called him on it - but likewise, you've been goading so many people so often under the guise of "banter" (again and again with the xbots line) that you don't really have much of a leg to stand on if someone goads you back.

You get what you give - and if what you repeatedly give is potshots at other forumites, then it's completely obvious that you'll get it in return.
    Plan XIII wrote:
    So yeah, fuck this place - it's a big of shite.  Petey you're lovely and thanks for creating the place but I'm done. Good luck with everything guys.
    Bye then.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Not on the windows phone version you can't. Won't let me add extra people to a convo.

I've got windows phone and start a conversation and add people to it . I can't on one that's already started but it probably can only be done by the person who started it
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Oh dear. I do to think anyone ever need say bye as then it just makes you look a bit silly if you decide to come back.

All forums are like this though, its the same as out in the real world, you just ignore the people you don't like. Shame as I liked plan.

But seriously someone has to know how to roll over when prone?
  • This isn't Plan's first walk out.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Not on the windows phone version you can't. Won't let me add extra people to a convo.
    I've got windows phone and start a conversation and add people to it . I can't on one that's already started but it probably can only be done by the person who started it

I go to start a new chat, and I get a list of people, I tap that person, and that's it....can't add any more after that, the option does not exist.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I now have two of you on WhatsApp.

JOIN THE PARTAY!!!!!
  • I'm finding DS to be a hard guy to freak out.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I know how to roll over when prone, you have to do it multiple times to get an xof patch.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • For Sas

OIhR2cD.png

Ys6SEMQ.png
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • How do I add DS then?
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Send me your numbah and I'll message you.

THIS IS NOT A RUSE TO GET EVERYONE'S NUMBER SO I CAN SELL THEM TO MARKETING COMPANIES. NOT AT ALL.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Send me your numbah and I'll message you. THIS IS NOT A RUSE TO GET EVERYONE'S NUMBER SO I CAN SELL THEM TO MARKETING COMPANIES. NOT AT ALL.

I still have no idea why I get update emails from Monsoon Accessorize.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!